Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Difficulty Increasing "God Save The Queen"

Default [Sub-Mod] Difficulty Increasing "God Save The Queen"

God Save The Queen - 1.5
    NOTE: You MUST HAVE APE:TI 1.0.X, CA 1.3 patch, AND

AUM MOD 2.X.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250655

Optional AI enhancement mod is HIGHLY recommended. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272788

NOTE: After installing all of the above be sure that the files included in this download overwrite those already present. There were quite a few corrections that I made. EX: Why would the Prest Museums give less of a bonus than those that came before it?

New to 1.5 - God Save the Queen is now a full startpos with ALL factions included. New diplomacy, new trade routes, new alliances, all emergent factions fully functional and represented.

This is a sub mod for APE:TI that ***SHOULD*** be played as the British. It includes things that cannot be found in any other mod (that I know about) which include.

1. ALL FACTIONS represented with FULL pre-established diplomacy/trade: US, Naples, Greece, Norway, Quebec, etc. ALL of them. This was made from a 1.3 patch startpos so all the latest AI changes are present. With FULL AI for the emergent factions with no CTD if you don’t play them. Yes I know this isn’t historical (US around in 1700), but this is a difficulty mod, not realism.
    2. The AI will win battles and dominate the economy because they have all technologies given to them.
    3. You are broke, $10K, and the major powers are wealthy and vast. Did I mention that you have England and Only England. No colonies and no Caribbean money makers.
    4. Don’t demolish Cambridge for additional challenge. It can be done if you are careful.
    5. This mod is a VH/VH -2 mod. Use the included prefs file so the replenish button is disabled and schoolmaster is armed.

Coming in the next version:
    - I'm fully debugged (as of 18 July) pending feedback from you or bugs as I find them.

Give me feedback from your games so I can make improvements.
    Last edited by claylogic; July 19, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

Default Re: [SUB MOD] Difficulty Increasing "God Save The Queen"

Pics

So you just assume the game is too easy? Unless you have E/E or M/M, it takes days to complete the game.

This seems like a rather useless and poorly-made mod, as all you did was max out the difficulty in every way possible.

As the description says: "This mod is a VH/VH -2 mod" Its geared for people who don't want to win every battle and want a new challange from beginning to end.

If that sounds fun then great! If not, play the default APE:TI or god forbid vanilla. Not saying APE:TI is easy. It is the most difficult mod I found -- Much thanks to Alpaca and l33tl4mer for their hard work.

I don't want to win every single battle, I win because of strategy, and the AI is competent. I'm just saying, this is more like a brutal, quickly-thrown-together challenge rather than a sub-mod.

Jonathan654's Avatar Libertus

looks quite interesting. maybe i'll try it when i have the time.

Praepositus

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Difficulty Increasing "God Save The Queen"

although I have to agree that APE:TI is already a bit of a challenge itself... this certainly is an interesting submod...

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    So you just assume the game is too easy? Unless you have E/E or M/M, it takes days to complete the game.

This seems like a rather useless and poorly-made mod, as all you did was max out the difficulty in every way possible.
    Please be kind to each other!

My impression is not that this is a poorly made sub-mod. If it seems useles to you: don't use it.
    User made additions to APE:TI are highly appreciated by us.

+rep for your effort claylogic.
    Last edited by The Donz; July 07, 2009 at 02:18 AM.

Praepositus

if I may ask... why do you call the mod "God Save the Queen"?

I assume because its GB only at the moment.

claylogic, the fact remains that the AI will not invade Britain.

Maybe another version using one of the factions on the continent.

Having said that, I like your style and I might give it a go if I'm feeling masochistic.

I think I've read about an french invason in England (post CA patch 1.3) somewhere on the Boards.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by The Donz View Post
    I think I've read about an french invason in England (post CA patch 1.3) somewhere on the Boards.
    I've seen several screenshots spread throughout the forums of France invading through Scotland.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Pshh. Beat it already. Try not using gunpowder, whenever you girls are ready to move up to the man league

Is this save-game compatible? Great mod btw

this looks good! too bad it is only for GB

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Is this save-game compatible? Great mod btw
    Quote Originally Posted by claylogic
    Most important: In order to get the AI to work and get everything done that I needed done this mod is in the form of a saved game -- I intend to change this later. Paste it into your C:\Users\PROFILE NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder
    It IS a savegame as for now. I'm shure it wont destroy your old saves, thoug to play it, you'll have to start a new game. Well you'll have to load the savegame to be exact.

Default [Sub-Mod] God Save the Queen - 1.5 released MAJOR changes **LINK**

New to 1.5 - God Save the Queen is now a full startpos with ALL factions included. New diplomacy, new trade routes, new alliances, all emergent factions fully functional and represented.
    Last edited by claylogic; July 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM.

1.5 was released today. LOTS of new things here.

Default Re: [SUB-MOD] God Save the Queen - 1.5 released MAJOR changes **LINK**

Wrong forum section.

Also, what is the point of this? Why would someone want to lose every battle and have no hope of winning the game?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast