Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod v1.2a

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod NEW v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I would just like the battle CTD fixed. Ever since 1.1 came out, I've been getting them in my battles.

That can be caused by other mods maybe you using. Try post here list with all mods you are using.

Hi! I have the same problem as Thanatos.Realy after instaling your mod,i have stable crashes not gust on the battle map but also on the campaign map.Can somebody tell me what is the problem?????
    Here are the mods that i'm using:
    mod "CAPTAINCOX_LOADSCREENS_II_18thCENTURY.pack";
    mod "darthmod.pack";
    mod "BSM_3_1_FULL_all_cannons_MM.pack";
    mod "ATM_battle_FX_v1_2.pack";
    mod "realistic_flag_set_v12.pack";
    mod "WeaponFX.pack";
    mod "fifesndrums.pack";
    mod "proper_militia_v13.pack";
    mod "spontoon_mod.pack";
    mod "complete_sweden_retext.pack";
    mod "Courlandrealistic.pack";
    mod "familytreemod.pack";
    mod "Bavaria_retexture.pack";
    mod "Westphalia_retexture.pack";
    mod "wurttemberg_mod.pack";

Libertus

I am having the same crashes. Usually in the battle map but once or twice on the campaign map. Once I delete this mod, I have no more crashes. Its a pity becasue the mod is so good.

Other mods currently in my script:

mod "mod_reducedtracers.pack";
    mod "TROM_unit_variety_submod_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_1.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_2.pack";
    mod "Brig_Gs_v11music.pack";
    mod "trom_flags.pack";
    mod "mod_familytreemod.pack";
    mod "BSM_1_8_LIGHT_for_Puckle_MM.pack";
    mod "crazypeonssoundpackV1.pack";
    mod "Drum&FifeMod_Prussian.pack";

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

First did you checked if you dont have any remains in your script file? Like older versions of this mod or other mods you already deleted? Then is all activated properly in MM 1.5?

If all this works, then i guess must be some conflict(s) in those mods. Because mod itself works fine, but this game is so retarded for proper modding that its unbelievable. Hmmm that were times in Rome and Medieval 2 for modders........

I also noticed that both of you using other sound, drums, FX mods, try disable them for a while and try a game.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I sort of like the fact that there seems to be an endless cacophony of cries from certain mounds of the fallen upon the field,and feel that it is a good hing that through the duration of the combat they do not cease ther haunting wails,for as it has been seen throughout the annals of war some wounded men would last for days,wailing throughout the days and night for an end to their agony and a release from the bonds of the bloody fields that surround them,so I am of the mind that the moaning would come from those that last the duration of the battle even though the animations of the fallen soldiers do not allow for them to move about and what not in their writhing agonies ala Imperial Glory

Icon4 Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod NEW v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I would just like the battle CTD fixed. Ever since 1.1 came out, I've been getting them in my battles.
    Today I'm working to solve these errors. The other day I experienced 2 CDT's in a battle so I can confirm
    the existence of the problem. If version 1.0 is working without problems I think that there are 3 possible causes, because are only 3 major differences between versions :
    1. v1.0 sounds was 44.1 KHz and v1.1 & v1.2 are 22.1 KHz (to reduce the size of these files);
    2. v1.0 doesn't have moaning sounds attached witch I think are too long for the sound engine to catch and exceeds it's limitations, resulting in a crash when the catch is full.
    3. in the FULL mod the battle group sounds are amplified but the KHz remains untouched - vanilla 44.1 KHz. (it will be helpful to know if you experienced CTD's with the LIGHT version either)

Right now I'm testing a modified version of the mod (with re sampled sounds to 44.1 KHz and half moaning sounds probability - 1 in 8 from 2 in 8 on every category) no CTD's encounter yet, but testing will continue today.

IMPORTANT : in my preferences.empire_script.txt the sound_file_caching is set to vanilla default false. I experienced the CTD's with this line value on true. Try leaving this setting to false if you changed these manually, and see if that helps, I never seen a FPS improvement with this on true, so maybe it's a reason why CA left these setting disabled. I really don't think an incompatibility with the other mods is causing the CTD's and most probably it's how the catch file is dealing with the long moaning sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    I find new bug which should be fix in next version. When you using skirmishers and they fire - always al lat same time you hear screaming ni their lines even if nobody is hurting them or shooting on them, i guess its because the guys in back can somehow hurt guys in front and that starts your screaming noises even if they actually cant kill each other or hurt.
    Sorry, can't fix this (CA bug) - the soldiers screams will activate on bullet impact, regardless of friendly fire...accidents can happen and a shoulder or an arm flesh wound doesn't always knock you of your feet

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

I have CTD's in battles, running only this mod to test it.

Do not have CTD's when playing vanilla without this mod.
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Libertus

good work mate, hope the fix works. Looking forward to it.

Very wierd, i haven't had one CTD! i love the mod!
    Putting the camera in the line and seeing the view and hearing the sounds of battle actually gets my heart thumping a little faster!

you're like...how the heck did people just stand there loading while there friends are maimed all around them!

Just to add I appear to be suffering CTD's as a result of your latest mod too. Removed from the folder, reinstalled your original file, reselected in MM and it hasn't crashed yet.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post
    Today I'm working to solve these errors. The other day I experienced 2 CDT's in a battle so I can confirm
    the existence of the problem....

IMPORTANT : in my preferences.empire_script.txt the sound_file_caching is set to vanilla default false. I experienced the CTD's with this line value on true. Try leaving this setting to false if you changed these manually, and see if that helps, I never seen a FPS improvement with this on true, so maybe it's a reason why CA left these setting disabled. I really don't think an incompatibility with the other mods is causing the CTD's and most probably it's how the catch file is dealing with the long moaning sounds.
    Interesting point - I noted that there is a line in the preferences file that seems to set the audio memory size so wondered if increasing it would get around the issue. So I changed the following line

"audio_memory_size_in_megabytes 100" to "audio_memory_size_in_megabytes 200".

I have not had a crash since doing this.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Pdguru View Post
    Interesting point - I noted that there is a line in the preferences file that seems to set the audio memory size so wondered if increasing it would get around the issue. So I changed the following line

Thanks,im gonna try this as well

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

+rep

CTD's are gone for me now Thank you!
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Can some kind soul point me to the location of this file please? (That prefs file that is) I've had a little look around - can't find it I'm using the steam version.
    Last edited by Phil Stanbridge; July 16, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

good mod!!!!!!

thanks for this mod

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post
    Can some kind soul point me to the location of this file please? (That prefs file that is) I've had a little look around - can't find it I'm using the steam version.
    Sure - I use Vista and with that it's in:

C:User/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts

Taran01's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post

I have windows XP and would like to know where I can find this fils as well.

Thank you.

The game is also crashing for me the exact moment someone gets killed . It used to work fine before , but for some reason now with v1.2 it crashes like no tomorrow .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Libertus

This seems to have done the trick for me too. I've only played 2 land battles and 2 naval battles since making the change in the prefernces file, but so far so good. I was getting crashes every battle before with this excellent mod, but now... so far, no crash.

Good find mate

Taran01's Avatar Miles

I tried this mod, and started getting CTD's in battle. So I removed it from the data folder and I am still getting CTDs in battle. Before installing this mod I had zero issues with CTD's.

Would one of you who knows direct me to the folder location as stated in the quote above. I am using Windows XP.

Thank you.