Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod v1.2a

Jonathan654's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod NEW v1.2

I get the feeling that the officers and people in charge would scream 'silence' much more and the soldiers wouldn't be allowed to groan.

I mean the groaning seems unrealistic but when they're being shot at it's ok

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post
    No. The above mentioned sounds are vanilla CA, and not included in my mod. My mod only amplifies (FULL version only) vanilla sounds for group battle when fighting. And it adds the screaming sounds after vanilla ones ...so all vanilla sounds are left intact.
    Okay, then don't see it as criticism, but as a request: Please improve these really poor sounds.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

LochKopf's Avatar Libertus

the 150% LOUD ist only for wounded soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by LochKopf View Post
    the 150% LOUD ist only for wounded soldiers?
    Yes

Hmm....I'm still using the first version but from a quick listen of the sounds in the new version, perhaps you can shorten the length of time the wounded moans are and restrict them to only one per section. So for example the bullet wound section might have 13 sound effects, add the wounded sounds to only one sound and make them a little shorter in duration that what you have now. Maybe 15 to 10 seconds perhaps? I'm sure the game cycles through the sound effects so its probable you'll hear the same sound twice and if the wounded sound is still going on and the sound file plays again, then you have an overlap of sounds which probably doesn't sound good to the ears.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Pisoiasul mate
    Got the 1.2 Full mod
    2 extensive battles in Campaign and still running fine!
    Great Work on the Fix +rep
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post

Download this and make sure it's loaded after the main ATM mod in Mod Manager (the conflicts are OK) . Basically it removes the second moaning sound attached just like in v1.1 - tell me if this will ameliorate your problem
    By the way, "loaded after" means it must be at the bottom of the list, right? It worked this way for the Oblivion mod mamanger but that doesn't mean it's the same with the Empire mod mamanger.
    GODzilla(TM)

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    By the way, "loaded after" means it must be at the bottom of the list, right? It worked this way for the Oblivion mod mamanger but that doesn't mean it's the same with the Empire mod mamanger.
    In my experience with MM and Empire Total War is... whatever you place above over rides that below it. Try BSM full and light in which ever order you prefer and see which one gets loaded last... the one on top.
    Last edited by carbide; July 12, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Yes, must be under ATM mod (I see that carbide have another opinion so now I'm not so sure ) . I will upload tomorrow a version with the modifications suggested by Officerpuppy for people who don't like the long lasting moaning sounds, basically the fix I made for you does approximatively what he described in his post.
    Last edited by pisoiasul; July 12, 2009 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carbide View Post
    In my experience with MM and Empire Total War is... whatever you place above over rides that below it. Try BSM full and light in which ever order you prefer and see which one gets loaded last... the one on top.
    I knew it...so above get's loaded last? Mhm...doesn't make sense, but if you say so. About the test you suggested...are you really sure I could tell the difference between the smoke mods?

PS: Looking at the user.empire_script-file I think you're wrong. First entry gets loaded first, that makes sense, doesn't it? Second one gets loaded second and so on. And the order from top to bottom is exactle the same as in the mod mamanger. So mods at the bottom of the list are loaded as last ones.

/edit: @pisoiasul: Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by GODzilla; July 12, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)

I knew it...so above get's loaded last?are you really sure I could tell the difference between the smoke mods?
    You're comparing the full and medium if I'm correct?

Try the full and light version with the difference between buildings destroyed producing columns of smoke and see which one overrides.

Hello guys!Wery nice modBut I have regular drops in the battle map,can somebody tell me why???

You're comparing the full and medium if I'm correct?

Try the full and light version with the difference between buildings destroyed producing columns of smoke and see which one overrides.
    Now I'm puzzled , but I always thought the order was the other way around. Now I'm at my laptop so I can't test to say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shultz View Post
    Hello guys!Wery nice modBut I have regular drops in the battle map,can somebody tell me why???
    This mod changes only the .wav files so I don't think this is the cause of in battle CTD's, but after 1.3 update I experienced some in battle CTD's (5-6 witch is pretty much considering how little time I played) without ATM mod installed.
    Last edited by pisoiasul; July 12, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Try it and see for yourself, the confusion that I'm still puzzled with is that if you use the user_script modified manually (rather than MM ) seems to work from top to bottom.... last that is loaded overrides that above it.... try it, it works.

Try it and see for yourself, the confusion that I'm still puzzled with is that if you use the user_script modified manually (rather than MM ) seems to work from top to bottom.... last that is loaded overrides that above it.... try it, it works.
    You are right! In conclusion the first mode in Mod Manager's list will overlap all mods underneath him, in other words the first mod is loaded last in Mod Manager, my world turned upside down .

I think this mod is great! Great job and thanks for your work and time.

Quick question.

Is "1.2 full" the same loudness as 1.1?
    Is "1.2 full loud" louder than 1.1?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

The new volume levels are much better but this mod causes regular CTDs: I'd like to keep using it but not possible with a CTD mid way through every battle.

wonderful my friend. Amazing work here, feels just about right, course I'm using the loud version

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

I find new bug which should be fix in next version. When you using skirmishers and they fire - always all at same time you hear screaming ni their lines even if nobody is hurting them or shooting on them, i guess its because the guys in back can somehow hurt guys in front and that starts your screaming noises even if they actually cant kill each other or hurt.
    Last edited by Radious; July 15, 2009 at 04:25 AM.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I would just like the battle CTD fixed. Ever since 1.1 came out, I've been getting them in my battles.