Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod v1.2a

Default Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod. NEW v1.1

I'm afraid I'm in the CTD camp with this mod - installed via mod manager and it doesn't even get past the splash screen. Remove from mod manager, replace with version 1 and it's fine.

yeah for me it's 50/50. Sometimes is doesn't get pass the first couple of seconds and I have to delete it off of my script and put it back in for it to work. Is is possible to make a patch.file version of this

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    yeah for me it's 50/50. Sometimes is doesn't get pass the first couple of seconds and I have to delete it off of my script and put it back in for it to work. Is is possible to make a patch.file version of this
    Patch file is in OP Okuto,
    but im having a lot of Ctds with the 1.1 patchfile as well
    for the moment ive removed all of it and there is nomore ctds
    Im keeping track of this Mod till this is sorted out!
    Last edited by MorganH.; July 09, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Icon4 Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod. NEW v1.1

Tomorrow I will look into this to see what's the problem with version 1.1. Sorry for the CTD's, I never got one so it's hard to identify the problem, only .wav sound files are changed in the mod but maybe one of them is getting a reading error, or maybe is something wrong with the sound catch system and how it manages these files. Will be a real help to now if the LITE version generates CTD's as well. Sorry again, I never expected these kind of problems, but I'm working on it and hoping this will be fix soon. Use 1.0 version if 1.1 LITE is faulty until I can find a fix for the CTD's.

Default Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod

Using the full mod version with no problems.

Has anyone tried a sea battle with this mod yet? It's awesome when a cannonball rips through the side of a ship and it sounds like people below deck are yelling.... loving it.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

I really like the idea, however I'll wait for that version 1.1 fix. There's only one thing that is a little bit overdone imho: The moorning of the wounded, it's too loud imho.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    I really like the idea, however I'll wait for that version 1.1 fix. There's only one thing that is a little bit overdone imho: The moorning of the wounded, it's too loud imho.
    I agree, if it was toned down just a little it would be perfect

Still good mod

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Yes little tune down - 10 - 20% and it will be great. BTW no ctds, works perfect.

Icon2 Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Yes little tune down - 10 - 20% and it will be great. BTW no ctds, works perfect.
    I'm working right now on the next version, this is what I've done so far :

- resample all the v1.1 sounds to vanilla KHz just to be sure that's not the cause of reported CTD's - I never experienced one thou, so the next version will have + 50 MB.

- toned down volume of mourning sounds and now I'm trying to make them less linear and annoying

- normalized the melee combat sounds to preserve the vanilla volume differences between small, medium and large mob sizes.

I don't know for shure what could be the cause of reported CTD's, like I said i never encountered one but if you have problems you can try to disable all your active mods with Mod Manager an start a clean (without any mods) session, after that - load your mods and start the game again, this will clear the cached files witch I think it is the cause of the CTD's. I'm hoping to release the new version tomorrow evening.

ps. OFF TOPIC : I don't know the reason but I can't create a signature in this forum, it appears and updates fine in my account settings but it doesn't appear underneath my posts.
    Last edited by pisoiasul; July 10, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

The patch version's fine mate its just that mod version requires you to delete your mod list in the scripts and reload agin in the manager every time you play or you'll never get pass the first loadup screen. Which was annoying because I hadn't noticed at the time you had a patch version which is much much better.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

When you will tune down, dont do it too much, in first version its too much quite, here too much laud, so something between :-)))

BTW will you release again more versions, like now i am using light version, because melee fights in full are too laud for me.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I dont know..I feel the haunting cacophony of the wounded and slain is rather pleasing for the aesthetic of the carnage that erupts all around the field...I like the volume as it is

Icon4 Re: Atmospheric battle sound effects mod

Don't worry I will release every new version in MOD and PATCH, and I will upload a LOUD version too, with all the sounds at max

I finally got a startup CTD with the MOD version. The solution to this problem was rather simple. You only need to change the name of the mod from Atm_battle FX_v.1.1 FULL to Atm_battle_fx for example (and be sure to reload it with the new name in Mod Manager), the problem was that the mod manager somehow don't register the full name of the mod in the script .txt , when I looked in the profile.last used mods.txt the name of the mod was incomplete - Atm_battle FX_v.1 instead of the correct name of the pack file. That's why the patch format works, but rename the patch too just in case, and make a line in your script (for the patch mod) with the correct name. I'd never experienced this problem in the past because I was always using another name for my mod not the one from the download link.
    Last edited by pisoiasul; July 10, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post
    Don't worry I will release every new version in MOD and PATCH, and I will upload a LOUD version too, with all the sounds at max

I finally got a startup CTD with the MOD version. The solution to this problem was rather simple. You only need to change the name of the mod from Atm_battle FX_v.1.1 FULL to Atm_battle_fx for example (and be sure to reload it with the new name in Mod Manager), the problem was that the mod manager somehow don't register the full name of the mod in the script .txt , when I looked in the profile.last used mods.txt the name of the mod was incomplete - Atm_battle FX_v.1 instead of the correct name of the pack file. That's why the patch format works, but rename the patch too just in case, and make a line in your script (for the patch mod) with the correct name. I'd never experienced this problem in the past because I was always using another name for my mod not the one from the download link.

will the new version include the above solution?
    Greetings!

Good stuff, i fired it up and it works great. +rep

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

yeah - Games never like it is there's gaps in the script - you have to fill them with underscores

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    yeah - Games never like it is there's gaps in the script - you have to fill them with underscores
    yeah...I didn't knew that. My fault ...the next version will have a proper file name.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Agreed - the screaming is a bit over the top - toned down and lost in the storm of gunfire would be better, I think. Good stuff though!

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

I like your mod a lot but yeah the melee fights are way too loud. Also maybe in a future version you could make them sound like a real fight, CA made it sound like a bunch of Baritone singers trying to outdo each other.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I like your mod a lot but yeah the melee fights are way too loud. Also maybe in a future version you could make them sound like a real fight, CA made it sound like a bunch of Baritone singers trying to outdo each other.
    You must've some idea how that should sound, don't you? I mean you cannot just say CA and pisoiasul are both wrong in their attempts but don't provide a good example how to make it better, please add a little bit constructive criticism here.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane