Thread: TROM and new smoke mod

Default TROM and new smoke mod

Recently, Mechdonald released a new blood and smoke mod. Apparently, it conflicts with various files. Is there anyway it can be incorporated into TROM (the new version) of can a TROM team member get with mechdonald to make a TROM compatible version of BSM 4.0?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TROM and new smoke mod

With recently you mean: just a few hours ago
    Thanks for the heads up, anyway. I'll have a look and see what's the problem.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Yeah, it hasn't been out long but there is already a darthmod version. I've been eagerly awaiting the new version of bsm and I can't play etw without TROM!

Thanks for the quick response!

The new smoke mod (including the light version) overwrites the projectile table. It will take me some work to make it compatible, because I don't know what some of the values are supposed to mean, and I don't want to break any battle mechanics...

Hi Mike

It looks like the projectiles table is based on the 1.3 Vanilla version but with some changes to the cannonball trail etc.
    I have attached a version with the "projectiles table" deleted that works with the TROM core ranges but giving you the BSM4 effects right away.

Cheers
    iutland

Thank you! I use a mod that eliminates trails (totally) anyway so no loss. Thanks again!

Apparently, there is some ort of memory leak issue with the full smoke mod so I will be using light instead. Since the projectile table is modded by the smoke mod, if I place TROM so as to overide it, then the game will use the TROM projectile tables right? This shouldn't be a problem since lutland's modded BSM verion 4.0 simply had the projectile file removed and it ran fine (except for memory leak). I would want to confirm that TROM's projectile tables are being used so what would be an indicator?...range of line units being 110, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Apparently, there is some ort of memory leak issue with the full smoke mod so I will be using light instead. Since the projectile table is modded by the smoke mod, if I place TROM so as to overide it, then the game will use the TROM projectile tables right? This shouldn't be a problem since lutland's modded BSM verion 4.0 simply had the projectile file removed and it ran fine (except for memory leak). I would want to confirm that TROM's projectile tables are being used so what would be an indicator?...range of line units being 110, etc?
    Hi Mike

I also experienced some lag when panoraming and moving the battle-camera and using quicklime, rockets and puckle gun on Ultra settings with the BSM4 smoke mod and I have a GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB DDR3 Graphics Card in my desktop. But I might use the light version for my laptop so I have attached a version with the projectiles table deleted that you can use as well.

Best regards
    iutland

I actually experienced a ctd which may or may not be related. Either way...the full version is almost too much smoke. Thanks again for the file!

I haven't had the chance to try it, but thank you, lutland, for the file

Libertus

I suspected that removing the projectile_tables from mech_Donalds new smoke mod (v4) would take out some of the effects he has created. i hope nobody minds, but i asked him on his thread and he confirmed that would be the case. He has said he will make a TROM compatible version so we can enjoy the full range of effects in his mod

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    To delete the projectile_tables from my mod will downgrade it to a slight better v 3.1. I think that is not what you want. You will miss every new effect i have built in, such as projectile trails, new puckle gun effects, blood and so on.

I will make a compatible version as soon as i can, promised!

---------------------------------------------------------

I read in another thread that there may be a bew version of TROM out in the next few days (Bastille day?) so I mentioned to him that he might want to wait untul after the new version...again, I hope I have not tread on anyone's toes by asking Mech for a TROM version, but I really hoped not to have to choose between two great mods!

That's great! For now you'll have to do with the version without the projectiles table though.

I don't know. I am using one with that file removed (provided by lutland above!) and I am getting lots of blood and great new musket effects.....hmmmm maybe luland did all the hard work already
    Last edited by mikeCK; July 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I don't know. I am using one with that file removed and I am getting lots of blood and great new musket effects.....hmmmm

I agree mikeCK - I too see quite a difference even with the light version with the file removed.

PS: I still use the no-trails mod you shared with me - wouldn't be without it now!

Libertus

I don't know. I am using one with that file removed (provided by lutland above!) and I am getting lots of blood and great new musket effects.....hmmmm maybe luland did all the hard work already

Well, I'm only going on what Mech_Donald said, and he wrote the mod so I reckon he'd know lol.

Like he said in the quote I provided, taking out the projectile table will give a version that is similar to, but "a slight better" BSM 3.1 .. so there is still good smoke and blood etc....but we do miss out on improvements to the smoke, blood and trails etc that are in the latest version.

EDIT: I just checked the BSM thread .. he is definitely going to start work on a TROM compatible version once the new TROM is out...hopefully I read the other TROM thread correctly and there is indeed an update on the way (or else I have just made us wait unecessarily for a Trom BSM version LOL)
    Last edited by sfchammer; July 13, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

Libertus

TROM version of Mech_Donald's Blood and smoke mod is now up on his thread guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sfchammer View Post
    TROM version of Mech_Donald's Blood and smoke mod is now up on his thread guys.
    Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up.

Moopere