Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2.02 Campaign With Special Rules (BC 2.02 WSR) - KYPCHACKS ARE AVAILABLE

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 4 factions available

I'd like to join up as Armenia if there are still spots open.

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 8 factions available

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    The rules for the campaign are :

1. No Jihads or Crusades (I guess they are disabled anyway).
    Agreed. Historically crusades and jihads cost a lot of money rather than the opposite and they were never 3 times faster than any other army.

2. Limited use of spies. It is forbidden for spies to open the gates in sieges or for assassins to kill family members or generals or to sabotage buildings.
    Agreed, spies and assassins are way overpowered.

3. Autoresolve battles - this is the most fair way to even the odds, I know some will say that is not perfect, but it's better then a battle where a human player confronts AI and gets every time "Heroic Victories". Believe me, after a few heroic victories against AI, this part of the game isn't so fun anymore.
    Agreed, although maybe a better BAI could have made it harder to achieve heroic victories. However, I know many won’t want to make another copy of BC. But who knows.

4. No fog of war. The game will be very transparent this way and cheating or breaking the rules will be harder to achieve as everybody can see everybody. It is also realistic to know what happens in the world you live in. It's also fun to see how everybody's evolving and what everybody's doing.
    I completely disagree. I know it may solve some problems but it creates many other problems. You will be able to see wherever you want without limitation, making any invasion predictable. Don’t you think it will be boring playing a game where you know where everything will occur? These are the problems I foresee:

• The only factions which will be able to hide in forests are those in the north and so the north will have a huge advantage.

• Interaction between players will decrease because there won’t be a necessity for secret information because you already know everything you require from the enemy.

• How will the smaller nations be able to win against the bigger nations? Normally the smaller nations only have a chance against the bigger nations by outsmarting the larger ones (afterall, there aren’t rebellions, corruption and other problems the large nations have to suffer) One of the most important ways of outsmarting the enemy is by outmanoeuvring (making him think your moving this direction and forcing him to make errors) but without fog of war it will be impossible. The smaller nations won’t have a chance.

If you really want to see what happens in the Persian continent why not ask some people to provide some screenshots of important events. Otherwise, is it really that important? Aren’t announcements by the players enough?
    If you want spies to be a bit more realistic improve their movement points.
    The only reason I see for having Fog of war turned off is because even in your own provinces an enemy army can move without you knowing about it, especially if it’s in a large territory. The only way to stop this is by constructing watch towers all over the place but that takes many many many turns because of the limited number of generals, their movement rates and the cost of the watch towers. Why would you want to see what happens on the other side of the map, that what spies are for. Historically the information was received by people who told other people, etc until it reached your kingdom. This can be perfectly represented by the player describing any important event.
    If you want to be able to see more of your province then why not have watchtowers placed already in the beginning. I believe it is possible. Otherwise strategy will be useless in this game.

5. Manage all cities. You can set taxes even without a governor in your city.
    Agreed
    6. It is forbidden for players to exchange settlements in order to get free units. The break of this rule will be judged case by case.

Agreed
    7. No Merchant fort exploit.
    Agreed
    The biggest problem is obviously the FOW. It will turn into who can outpower the enemy rather than strategic thinking. i can remember some times how i have beaten other players in hotseats while playing as a small nation against a large one. It would have been impossible for me to achieve that without fog of war.
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; July 13, 2009 at 10:12 PM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 8 factions available

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    The biggest problem is obviously the FOW. It will turn into who can outpower the enemy rather than strategic thinking. i can remember some times how i have beaten other players in hotseats while playing as a small nation against a large one. It would have been impossible for me to achieve that without fog of war.
    My chosen faction is Oman, so call me crazy ...

i have to agree on that

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 3 factions available

as do i, put FoW on allow spies just for spying if you want there to be something close to fow

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 3 factions available

The players on SS Campaign are very happy untill now with no FoW. Spies have a role still : even without FoW you can't see the infos about cities and armies and that's the role of a spy, to give precise infos. Also a spy can discover armies hidden in forests ...

I don't like to be blind about the world like a mole ...
    Last edited by CiviC; July 14, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

The players on SS Campaign are very happy untill now with no FoW. Spies have a role still : even without FoW you can't see the infos about cities and armies and that's the role of a spy, to give precise infos. Also a spy can discover armies hidden in forests ...

I don't like to be blind about the world like a mole ...
    indeed.... no fow gives you something extra to worry about. and it's more real.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Ok I guess we wait for 3 more players (dedicated players I hope) and maybe a new patch (it should be the same with the other campaigns I guess so all games are compatible) and we are ready to go.

Ok Well count me in...I guess Ill be the Ghazni Ill be dedicated and all that good stuff.

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 2 factions available

My computer is broken and I have to drop out of all my campaigns. Sorry guys

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.0 Campaign with special rules - 2 factions available

civic, it seems there are rumors that the new patch will be avaliable soon. we should wait for it.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Sorry to hear that bleach.
    @empedocles : we'll wait the patch, also this campaign must be save compatible with triforce's one.

EDIT:Ok, I guess it's official now, we will play with patch 2.02.

Only 3 players short to start the campaign ...
    Last edited by Commander Ruunu; October 07, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.02 Campaign with special rules - 3 factions available

i guess ill join

edit: put me down as the sidhs and can we start soon?
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; July 19, 2009 at 02:22 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Default Re: Project of Broken Crescent 2.02 Campaign with special rules - 3 factions available

ok well count me out this one is taking too long...

Quote Originally Posted by ThaBolks View Post
    ok well count me out this one is taking too long...
    Too long? How much time you think then a campaign takes too play? At least a year. This is why I asked for commited players not ones who bore easily. And it's taking less the other two (considering the wait for the Patch 2.0 and 2.02).

Anyway, still short of 3 factions (one enroled and one resigned). Jerusalem must be human the rest I guess could be AI.
    Last edited by CiviC; July 19, 2009 at 03:43 AM.

Too long? How much time you think then a campaign takes too play? At least a year. This is why I asked for commited players not ones who bore easily. And it's taking less the other two (considering the wait for the Patch 2.0 and 2.02).

Anyway, still short of 3 factions (one enroled and one resigned). Jerusalem must be human the rest I guess could be AI.
    The problem is, who is going to be jerusalem. Youll be crazy to choose it in an autoresolve hotseat. the reason is, a small army of cheap horse archers can destroy the best Jerusalem army of heavy cavalry with hospitellars and all those even though they cost a trillion times more than the islamic armies. Considering that islamic armies are made up mostly of HA and archers then goodbye templars and Knights of Jerusalem. There is also no point in having them because they cost so much. However, Jerusalem doesn't have the archers to counter attack them. There should be some rebalancing issues.

Beware of scoundrels

The problem is, who is going to be jerusalem. Youll be crazy to choose it in an autoresolve hotseat. the reason is, a small army of cheap horse archers can destroy the best Jerusalem army of heavy cavalry with hospitellars and all those even though they cost a trillion times more than the islamic armies. Considering that islamic armies are made up mostly of HA and archers then goodbye templars and Knights of Jerusalem. There is also no point in having them because they cost so much. However, Jerusalem doesn't have the archers to counter attack them. There should be some rebalancing issues.
    There are plenty of mercenary HA to hire in the region.

ok maybe your right. even so there doesn't seem to be other players wanting to join. Maybe the remaining factions can be played by players already playing? of course they would have to be on the other side of the map and preferably playing small factions already so to minimize the possibility of making an alliance with each other and no money exchange (and since there fow is off we can see if a KoJ diplomat is talking to indians). Eg: Indians could be Ethiopians or KoJ.

Otherwards its not important, i just want to start now.

Also, how do you start a hotseat in BC cause it isn't kingdoms?
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; July 19, 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Beware of scoundrels

Firstly, KoJ and Makuria must be human otherwise, Ayyus, already a very powerfull faction would have an unfair advantage.
    Secondly playing something like a semi dual alliances may be fine at start but later if Indians and Koj are really succesfull would give a huge advantage to that player.

Firstly, KoJ and Makuria must be human otherwise, Ayyus, already a very powerfull faction would have an unfair advantage.
    Secondly playing something like a semi dual alliances may be fine at start but later if Indians and Koj are really succesfull would give a huge advantage to that player.
    i was refering more like, subbing until we get appropiate players

Beware of scoundrels