Thread: Stop Everything!

Manningham's Avatar Civitate

Default Stop Everything!

Oh my god! Stop what you are doing and watch your television screen! Another pretty white girl has gone missing, and we, as Fox/CNN/any other major tv news network in America, are going to set aside hours of valuable national broadcast time to get the details.

TV news is beyond repair. Girls get kidnapped all over the country, all the time. Boys too. And they're not always pretty, or white, or I guess marketable as a news/entertainment story. Gah, enough with the "liberal media" already, its a corporate media and is in the business of delivering commercials. They just figure that if they can deliver a carefully selected group of "newsworthy" stories, they can keep viewers coming back for more. I guess a lot of them figure, "hey, why not slant the story to our sponsors' benefit while we're at it? They might cut funding if we don't!" Something's got to give

Gah, enough with the "liberal media" already, its a corporate media and is in the business of delivering commercials.
    Which should be a good thing, but the fact is our country is a very boring place and we dont care what goes on in the world unless it affects us directly.

I think the problem is that its 24 hour news, there just isnt that much going on so they just report on shite that might get them some ratings.

I still would rather have a corporate controlled media than a government controlled one.

Give rep! For i have none.

Quote Originally Posted by ablitzkrieg
    Which should be a good thing, but the fact is our country is a very boring place and we dont care what goes on in the world unless it affects us directly.

I think the problem is that its 24 hour news, there just isnt that much going on so they just report on shite that might get them some ratings.

I still would rather have a corporate controlled media than a government controlled one.
    There is plenty to report on, here and around the world. The problem is, the average American doesn't really know or care about much of anything important in national or world politics. I agree that the news channels are bad. I really only watch Hardball occasionally and Meet the Press on Sundays. I don't give a damn about the Jackson verdict or missing children (tragic as that is, no insult meant) when our government is in the midst of an ill fated war.

Anyhow, commercials are the prime supplier of revenue for networks, so they will always be delivering shows which keep the viewer locked in.

Both the average American and the average European probably care as little about the rest of the world respectively. The "average" person has in my honest opinion more important individual needs than to watch a 2-3 hour long session of all the world's news. I will usually keep the news on in the back ground while im studying or reading incase something happens, but lately I just look at the websites and I get just as good a summary than listening to a talking head.

Yes, such things happen all the time.
    Just as with the Lacey Peterson case, it happened on a slow news day.

Just in time so people obsessing over Mickey Jackson never have to go do something unrelated to the TV.
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus