Thread: Unit Card Help

Default Unit Card Help

Hi, im having problems regarding unit cards.
    i've taken the greenjackets unit card a painted the green jacket red. But whenever I start a custom battle the entire unit card is red. Even more strangly in battle the card is blank except for the shako! Ant tips?
    Im using photoshop 7 elements if its any help...
    Thanks in advance
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Unit Card Help

there are 2 file for the unit cards.

for expl.: greenjacket.TGA and greenjacket_mask.TGA

You need to mod the alpha channel too. The best way to understand is to look at other units cards.

The white parts will get faction color, what happaned to you and the black is custom.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Thanks.
    But im using a green jacket card, which doesn't get a faction colour so if I just put a copy of it in my mod and call it XXXX_mask.tga will i get away with it?

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmpire View Post
    Thanks.
    But im using a green jacket card, which doesn't get a faction colour so if I just put a copy of it in my mod and call it XXXX_mask.tga will i get away with it?
    It should work.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

Just tried it, the unit card came out blank????

Ok. I'm not at home and can't really help you from here. I'm not really sure.

The green jackets was always green? They was never red.

Have you tried to do nothing and only rename? Ahh, which one do you made black?

If I remember right, the _mask alpha is black and the normal file shows the oval structure.

At the moment i cant do any alpha channel editing as im not using my ps CS4, its my parents pse 7. Later on this evening I'll try editing the alpha cahhel and see how it comes out

If you don't get it, post it here and I look at it. You see in my signature, that its must work.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

You need to do the following, if you are changing the colour of the unit card:

1. you need to BLANK out the mask_tga card using Photoshop etc..its easy just open the card and make sure that the size remains the same, and use the Rectangular Marquee tool and put a square around everything in the picture and go to edit/clear and then save as 32 bit etc..
    2. Once you have finished the tga card (one with picture in it) make sure you also save as 32 bit and ensure that the same size as mask card is used!

under edit/clear i get two options = all or undo history???

heres a screenshot

Fixed now thanks. +rep to all who helped