Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rs2

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default rs2

its maybe too early to ask but i will.many believe tha rs2 will be the next generation of rtw mod.if this is true(i believe it is)then when rs2 is out what you will do.will you be able to make rs2 more perfect that its going to be except bug fixing(hey guys dont shoot i am just curious
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Default Re: rs2

We will most likely continue to improve RS2 once it comes out yes.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

can rs2 be improved more yes
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

One of the Laws of Murphy says: "There's always one more bug"

It's the nature of a mod release that they will probably be a couple of bugs or inbalances that we couldn't detect. And with the endless creativity and new ideas of the Roma Surrectum team, they will probably keep perfecting it for a long time.

But this is all speculation, RS 2 is not even out yet!
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

i wasnt refering to bug fixes or balance fixes.i wanted to ask.rs2 will be able to go next level something like rs3 even more upgraded,more improved
    Last edited by clone; July 06, 2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Robert E. Howard

Arnspac's Avatar Miss You Calvin

Anything is possible...
    Cu mândrie, under the Patronage of leif_erikson

There is no disease I spit on more than treachery.

Gez's Avatar Tiro

You may even see the day when CA lets us botch with the exe! Then who knows?!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well, I might as well answer this question honestly and let the cat out of the bag. Many here know that RS2 is not and will not be modfoldered....and there have been numerous debates\questions about the why's and wherefores of that. However, there was an 'overriding' reason I didn't want RS2 modfoldered that I never spoke of because I wasn't sure (yet) about whether an idea I had would actually work.

As many of you know, RS2 will eventually have a number of options...swap factions, for example, and although we are not bothering with any of this yet because it's something for the future, I am trying to think ahead and make it easier to play these 'optional' campaigns without having to switch around a bunch of files, and very possibly mess up your game. So what will happen is that RS2 will be modfoldered to ITSELF. I have already set up an alternate Campaign that is modfoldered, and will be specifically for playing the Romans with a 'Rebel' faction 'shadowing' them. The way we are using the 'shadow faction' option is a bit unique, and requires that it ONLY be used if the faction being shadowed is the faction being played. Otherwise, the 'shadowing' faction, if the faction it shadows is defeated, BECOMES the faction it was shadowing. That would be a bit odd to have the 'Rebel' faction become the Romans if you beat the Romans! So the solution is to set it up for a specific scenario. You'll go into this 'modfoldered' option, and there will only be the choice of playing one faction....in this case, Rome.

The neat thing about this is that we can, using this technique, set up multiple drastically different types of campaigns based on the 'core files' of RS2 without having to touch the original mod. Various swap faction options, therefore, will be modfoldered options. Playing other factions with the 'rebel' faction shadowing THEM will be modfoldered options......and who knows what else could be done this way.

So in answer to this question...yes, we have plans for after RS2 is released. And yes, RS2 will be modfoldered....to itself only.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

What dvk is saying really, is that the possibilities are quite endless
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you guys received any job offerings by CA yet? , They should really hire some of you guys to learn how to make real total war games ...

thanks.for the answere.something last(if you want reply).many say that this mod will be the most advanced,"next generation of rtw mods" why others dont work their mods to this limits.my actual question is have you find a magic way to make this mod unique or has to do with the fact that is not going to be modfoldered(sorry if i annoy you with my question
    Robert E. Howard

There's no magic, and to be honest there are plenty of good mods out there. RS2 will have some things that make it unique, but then again, so do whole loads of other mods. We've taken things a bit further with some of the graphics than some mods, but then some mods have done other stuff graphically that we haven't done.

RS2 will have a similar ethos to RS1.5, just done a whole lot better. Here are some of the differences:
    1) Unique named legions, each with their own skin. Loads more historical variety in helmets and other equipment, unique vexillarii (standard bearers) per legion
    2) More auxiliary units - again each with different skin and some with different weaponry
    3) All factions modelled and skinned to a higher level and based on historical information where available
    4) New and improved campaign map
    5) Improved terrain and battlemap environment
    6) Better battle stat balance
    7) Improved economic balance
    8) Far better rebel factions - historical units, use of shadow factions to help create signficant rebellions unique to the player's faction
    9) Countless new buildings and building trees in the campaign
    10) New leadership systems
    11) Completely overhauled traits and ancillaries
    12) Complete reworking of UI

Most of the big mods out there have done most of these so I don't think we can claim anything special for RS2, but we think it'll be a lot of fun, and RTW will certainly feel very different from before. The environmental changes alone make a huge difference to battle enjoyability.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    There's no magic, and to be honest there are plenty of good mods out there. RS2 will have some things that make it unique, but then again, so do whole loads of other mods. We've taken things a bit further with some of the graphics than some mods, but then some mods have done other stuff graphically that we haven't done.

RS2 will have a similar ethos to RS1.5, just done a whole lot better. Here are some of the differences:
    1) Unique named legions, each with their own skin. Loads more historical variety in helmets and other equipment, unique vexillarii (standard bearers) per legion
    2) More auxiliary units - again each with different skin and some with different weaponry
    3) All factions modelled and skinned to a higher level and based on historical information where available
    4) New and improved campaign map
    5) Improved terrain and battlemap environment
    6) Better battle stat balance
    7) Improved economic balance
    8) Far better rebel factions - historical units, use of shadow factions to help create signficant rebellions unique to the player's faction
    9) Countless new buildings and building trees in the campaign
    10) New leadership systems
    11) Completely overhauled traits and ancillaries
    12) Complete reworking of UI

Most of the big mods out there have done most of these so I don't think we can claim anything special for RS2, but we think it'll be a lot of fun, and RTW will certainly feel very different from before. The environmental changes alone make a huge difference to battle enjoyability.

those are good news indeed,

my favorite is 9:Countless new buildings and building trees in the campaign

also.in 1.5 version i believe that l you have many legion units.their number is going to change?
    Last edited by clone; July 06, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Robert E. Howard

yes, down from 35 to 28. I know, it hurts, but trust me, you'll love the Roman units you have!
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    yes, down from 35 to 28. I know, it hurts, but trust me, you'll love the Roman units you have!
    what .iam happy.i always thought that 35 legions are too many
    Robert E. Howard

Rt. Hon. Gentleman's Avatar Campidoctor

It should be 28 anyway. There were anything up to 60 republican legions, but to my knowledge Imperial legions (the one's I care more about) were capped at 28, in case they ever became too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Gentleman View Post
    It should be 28 anyway. There were anything up to 60 republican legions, but to my knowledge Imperial legions (the one's I care more about) were capped at 28, in case they ever became too powerful.
    It wasn't fear of them rising, as they were scattered along the borders of the Empire: it was more the fact that the Empire couldn't afford much more than that. The thing is though, the 28 weren't always the same 28 - legions were destroyed, and others raised to replace them - that's why we had 35 in RS 1.5, to represent most of the named and numbered legions that played a significant part in the Empire's history, including ones that got destroyed during our timeframe.
    Also, Trajan raised the number of legions to 30, by recruiting the Legio II Traiana Fortis, and Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix. Septimius Severus brought the number up to 33 by recruiting the Legiones I, II, and III Parthica for his campaigns against Parthia (hence the name "Parthian-beaters/conquerors").
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Rt. Hon. Gentleman's Avatar Campidoctor

It wasn't fear of them rising, as they were scattered along the borders of the Empire: it was more the fact that the Empire couldn't afford much more than that. The thing is though, the 28 weren't always the same 28 - legions were destroyed, and others raised to replace them - that's why we had 35 in RS 1.5, to represent most of the named and numbered legions that played a significant part in the Empire's history, including ones that got destroyed during our timeframe.
    Also, Trajan raised the number of legions to 30, by recruiting the Legio II Traiana Fortis, and Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix. Septimius Severus brought the number up to 33 by recruiting the Legiones I, II, and III Parthica for his campaigns against Parthia (hence the name "Parthian-beaters/conquerors").
    Ah, well I don't know about Trajan, but Nero for a fact was very paranoid (like everything else) on legions uprising against him, hence his making sure that legions were rarely posted too near each other, and many other changes which did no favours to the Roman war machine but did keep his paranoia in check! Trajan being a General would probably prefer a higher number of legions.

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

I have no doubt that if IGN or Gamespot was to review Roma Surrectum it would get a 10/10

Not a bout 'a doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurPul View Post
    I have no doubt that if IGN or Gamespot was to review Roma Surrectum it would get a 10/10

Not a bout 'a doubt it.

I will surely give a hint to GameStar (the most renowned German pc-magazin) about RS II once it comes out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast