Thread: Is Heroes finished?

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Default Is Heroes finished?

For anyone who cares about the show, well I can safely say they've hit rock bottom and now they know it. They're apparently planning to make Claire a lesbian for the fourth season. Can they be any more desperate for viewers, that they'll try to appeal to that horny teen demographic? I mean really. And I just found out Brian Fuller left the show again. He came back for a few episodes last season, and I could see the quality increase in the episodes he was behind. Not perfect or even fantastic, but better.

I liked that show, too bad it's come to this.

Claire a lesbian? Really?

Default Re: Is Heroes finished?

o wow i was gonna start a heroes thread lol. im still on volume 3 villains. i really enjoy the show. i hope it doesn't finish but i could see how saving the world is boring to watch the 4th time around. please don't make claire a lesbian...

it's been going downhill since season one. But that's what you get on network tv that has to keep it PG and the script open ended.

The only way this show can be saved is if they give powers to Mr. Muggles.

Saw the first season, the lesbian bit is nothing surprising. Network TV franchises don't have a very creative atmosphere, it's very professional business minded focus group and statistics kind of and obviously it's a young male audience and two girls making out is the most hardcore sexual content they can show.

I think Hayden could be making some bad career decisions. She's very sexy but she doesn't have the body type that's going to carry her doing romantic comedies into middle age like Sandra Bullock. Mind you she could have some contractual obligations and it's to all her 10 per centers benefit to keep her doing highly paid typecast teen for the short term. I just think in 10 years she's going to be one of those whatever happened to ex TV stars.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMofo View Post
    it's been going downhill since season one. But that's what you get on network tv that has to keep it PG and the script open ended.
    That's damn generous of you. It's not puritanical censorship that makes network TV bad, network TV is bad because the average person has the mind of a child and success is measured in attracting the most people.

Some shows manage to succeed in spite of network executives and "the suits" like Homicide: Life on the Street, ran on NBC in the '90s, one of the best cop dramas ever, so good that it survived despite mediocre ratings and that's extremely rare (R.I.P Arrested Development). It's basically the antithesis of the CSI shows, CSI: Miami being the worst and most successful. And that's the problem, you people.

We ultimately decide what's on TV. And that's the scary bit. Most people turn on network TV and they see themselves. I think if you can understand the implications of that fact you can hate us like all the other decent folk.
    Last edited by Maverick; July 05, 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: @mofo

I think its been down hill since season 2, and I don't think the writers strike helped them out at all. Season 3 just seemed like they were making it up as they went along.

I stopped watching during season 3 cuz of the crap they were doing with Sylar and when they killed off Adam who was my favorite villain.
    Last edited by PGeo36; July 06, 2009 at 11:13 PM.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

Thank God I quit watching after 2 episodes in season 3. Lesbians? Really? Are your ratings that bad?

It was never interesting in the first place. The characters looked incredibly wooden and unrealistic.

I much prefer HBO series to networks.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Hub'ite View Post
    Thank God I quit watching after 2 episodes in season 3. Lesbians? Really? Are your ratings that bad?
    Same here. Actually, more through 2nd season.
    Add to that predictable dialogs. He, I knew how the scene will evolve from the beginning of it. Plus, somehow, they all stopped acting (and if that's their level, well...)
    And going round and round...

*shrugs*

A promising series that fell into mediocrity in the second series. The Writer's strike of course didn't help, but I think there's culture of reliance on pandering demographics rather than quality of writing and acting. I gave up on Lost after the first series when I realised they were pretty much making it up as they went along.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

the show is lame because in the entire run of the show we have never gotten a good fight. You have a show full of superpowered characters who each season it builds to an epic climax and what happens...some lame cop out , no fight, no nothing. This show is the biggest letdown of any series I have ever seen, its just full of meh! I mean , if stargate: SG1 can do large battles, why can't a prime time show with many times their budget do jack ?

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Heroes should have ended with season one.

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    A promising series that fell into mediocrity in the second series. The Writer's strike of course didn't help, but I think there's culture of reliance on pandering demographics rather than quality of writing and acting. I gave up on Lost after the first series when I realised they were pretty much making it up as they went along.
    I don't think they were pandering to anyone, they just had a bunch of bad writers period who couldn't do anything useful with any of the characters. There was A LOT of flip-flopping personalities in Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by scheuch13 View Post
    the show is lame because in the entire run of the show we have never gotten a good fight. You have a show full of superpowered characters who each season it builds to an epic climax and what happens...some lame cop out , no fight, no nothing. This show is the biggest letdown of any series I have ever seen, its just full of meh! I mean , if stargate: SG1 can do large battles, why can't a prime time show with many times their budget do jack ?
    Even in the last season, Nathan and Sylar are about to go at it when they blast the doors shut and we miss everything. I agree with what you said about Stargate, if they can get giant space battles surely Heroes can pull off two characters flinging bolts of lightning at each other for two minutes?
    Last edited by D.B. Cooper; July 08, 2009 at 12:21 AM.

the only time we ever came to a collosal fight was in season one, when hiro went into the future and Syler and Peter went at it in the hall with full power. But the doors shut and you don't even get to see that fight. The whole show feels like tantric sex, in which they build you up all season and your waiting for something epic, but they let you down before you can reach climax, and you just end up calling them nothing but a tease.

Seriously 3 seasons and not one fight...not a single fight and this is a show about freakin superheros with superpowers...WTF!!

this reminds me of that episode of Futurama:

Would you :
    A) like to watch calculon rush into the action
    B) watch calculon sit down and do his taxes

::presses A::

::You pressed B:::

"no I didn't"

::im pretty sure you pressed B::