Thread: Diplomacy editing

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Default Diplomacy editing

Diplomacy editing.

We open value main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION by means of ESF Editor. We find value ID of fraction of the relation with which we wish to improve or worsen from start. ID it is underlined in the uppermost lines points to fraction. Then we go in PLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY\DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY\DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP.
    Also we search there point with iD fraction necessary for us. We find then is opened DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIP_ATTITUDES_ARRAY. There there will be 23 values which mean various diplomatic properties. Here the approximate list which I have revealed (exact number in the list and approximate value:

To disconnect each point, it is necessary to put down instead of figures everywhere 0 and True to replace on False

2 point (example)
    True
    False
    Means a military alliance.

5 point
    True
    True
    Means that the fraction defines you as the prospective enemy and is focused on an attack on your fraction even if now in the world.

6 point
    True
    False
    Means the trading agreement.

8 point
    True
    False
    Means a finding in war at the moment with this fraction.

16 point
    False
    False
    Means the same or different religion influencing on diplomatic relations.

17 point
    False
    False
    Means same or different government system.

18 point
    True
    False
    Means presence of historical friendship or enmity with fraction.

Do not forget what to edit diplomacy it is necessary at both fractions.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 27, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: prefix added

Default Re: Diplomacy editing (tutorial)

Good search Alex1987, +rep . You should add the diplomatic relations between patron and protectorate also.

Very useful, Cheers +rep

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Any way to edit the state gift relations bonus, currently all three of the state gifts give a bonus of +100.

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Very Nice Job

I have a question. I'm trying to change USA's religion to catholic. It works in some ways, like on the diplomacy screen next to my name it has the catholic cross, but also when I hover over a protestant nation it says 'same religion +10' can I change this through the your tutorial?

here are some updated diplomacy number locations. i had a country giving me negative relations for having an alliance with an enemy when i had no alliances with anyone, so i just did a bit more snooping. props to the originator of this thread. i have included his numbers as well.

Stat 1
    True
    False

This is a state gift with +90 remaining on relations, reducing by -1 each turn.

Stat 2
    True
    False

This is a military alliance granting +30 in relations with a max future rating of +80 increasing by +1 each turn.

Stat 5
    True
    True

This is the faction's hate level against you. In Europa Universalis we would call it your bad boy score. The higher it [30] is the more likely they will attack you.

Stat 6
    True
    False

This is a trade agreement granting +15 relations with a max future value of +60 growing at +1 per turn.

Stat 7
    True
    False

This is -12 relations remaining for breaking a trade agreement reducing at -2 per turn with a max future value of 0.

Stat 8
    True
    False

You are currently at war with this faction and are suffering -140 relations with a max future value of -200 increasing at -2 per turn.

Stat 9
    True
    False

This is a -40 relations remaining for dishonoring a treaty decreasing by -1 per turn with max future value of -25. You will never be rid of this diplomatic scar.

Stat 10
    True
    False

This is an alliance with an enemy nation causing -30 relations relations reducing at -1 per turn up to a max value of 0.

Stat 11
    True
    True

This is -10 relations for declaring war on a friend of a nation.

Stat 13
    True
    False

This is a -50 relations for territory expansion reducing at -2 per turn to a max value of 0.

Stat 16
    False
    False

This is a -10 relations for differing religions.

Stat 17
    False
    False

This is a -15 relations for differing government types.

Stat 18
    True
    False

This is a +40 relations for historical friendship.

Stat 22
    False
    False

This is a +46 relations for honor due to poltical leaders.
    Last edited by mor-dan; August 11, 2009 at 03:49 AM.

really useful find here, opens up a lot of options, good job.

i will try this aswell as changing their 'behavior' (industrial, continental_progressive etc etc) and see if there is a big change in the way they work together / against eachother.

CaptainAnthony's Avatar Civis

Ok, I am not quite sure I understand, so I am here for some clarification.
    I find the files using esfeditor, but I am not sure where I am supposed to input the changes because I am not certain how to interpret your lists. There are 23 files, is the first "#1", is "2 point" file number 2? What is the exact order of all files and changes?

Second, are the numbers (like "40 in Stat 18") changeable to any higher or lower number or are there limitations?

Sorry if I am a bit dense but I don't want to make changes to my program without a clearer understanding of the procedure.
    Last edited by CaptainAnthony; August 22, 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAnthony View Post
    Ok, I am not quite sure I understand, so I am here for some clarification.
    I find the files using esfeditor, but I am not sure where I am supposed to input the changes because I am not certain how to interpret your lists. There are 23 files, is the first "#1", is "2 point" file number 2? What is the exact order of all files and changes?

Second, are the numbers (like "40 in Stat 18") changeable to any higher or lower number or are there limitations?

Sorry if I am a bit dense but I don't want to make changes to my program without a clearer understanding of the procedure.

Yeah the first one is #1. They are changeable to higher and lower numbers. For instance I made a war make a -80 change in relations instead of -140. Just follow the guide above and you'll be fine.

Thanks again for this guide as well. It is absolutely making my mod!

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: Diplomacy editing

It is customary, when using material from another source, to state the fact and give due credit to that source. Presenting the work of others as one's own is plagiarism and it is frowned upon (and penalised) on TWC.

I expect some clarifications from the OP in order to re-open this thread.