Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would YOU like to see in the first WotN release.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default What would YOU like to see in the first WotN release.

Here's you chance. Tell us what you want to see, and if its possible we may consider having it.

But remember our first release covers only Scandinavia/Baltic. Later releases will see further expansion (hopefully).

huscarl 69's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: What would YOU like to see in the first WotN release.

I don't know if this has been implemented already but navagateable rivers in europe would be great so you can sack cites like rome and paris to fund the war in britania dots has a great river system you guys should check out keep up the good work it looks like the mod is realy comming together nicely.
    KILLER

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by huscarl 69 View Post
    I don't know if this has been implemented already but navagateable rivers in europe would be great so you can sack cites like rome and paris to fund the war in britania dots has a great river system you guys should check out keep up the good work it looks like the mod is realy comming together nicely.
    Our first release is Baltic only and will have navigatable rivers. If we do expand into Europe in further releases (hopefully will) there will be plenty of them there too.

Britain is included right? (loves Picts)

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Huan View Post
    Britain is included right? (loves Picts)
    Not in our first release. first is Baltic only.

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

Hi will be "Viking's circular castles" in the game?
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Automatix View Post
    Hi will be "Viking's circular castles" in the game?
    You mean ring forts? Yeah they will be replacing permanent stone forts. There will be plenty around.

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

I would like to see Wikingz with HUGE axes and berzerkerz with horned helemets and RPG's

lol

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Svensk Viking View Post
    I would like to see Wikingz with HUGE axes and berzerkerz with horned helemets and RPG's

lol
    Yes, they are in.

In the in the futur can I eksempel sack the British cites, and leave it behinde without controlling it, and get money of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vķkingr View Post
    You mean ring forts? Yeah they will be replacing permanent stone forts. There will be plenty around.
    really?
    as far as i know there have only been found five viking ringforts, all of them in denmark and skåne(scania) and dated to the very last part of 10th century.

wikipedia writes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In spite of searches no real parallels have been found in the rest of Europe. On the coasts of the Netherlands and Belgium there are ring castles with certain points of resemblance and on the island Walcheren there are the remnants of a castle with gateways in the four points of the compass, combined with streets. Similar forts can be found in England.[3] These generally date though from around the time of the Roman conquest of celtic Britain and had been lying in ruins for hundreds of years prior to the building of the Viking ring forts.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der gręd Enker og der gręd Bųrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ųrn.
    Anders Sųrensen Vedel

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    really?
    as far as i know there have only been found five viking ringforts, all of them in denmark and skåne(scania) and dated to the very last part of 10th century.
    We will probably be representing Hillforts and Ringforts together.
    Last edited by Horsa; November 05, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

I would like to see a Denmark Preview Btw I heard there's a "decapitation" animation for M2TW. should check that out and maybe play around with it because you can't have the word "Vikingr" without "Skull Smashing Gore" (tis a true fact!)

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Lindstrom View Post
    Btw I heard there's a "decapitation" animation for M2TW. should check that out and maybe play around with it because you can't have the word "Vikingr" without "Skull Smashing Gore" (tis a true fact!)
    I'm pretty sure including the animation will require some work on the models so that you see blood and guts where the heads gone instead of invisible nothing as they are hollow. I suppose its a possibility, but more likely not.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I would like to feel that I can easily form a complete Fylking formation with some explanation in a text file. That formation must be promoted - promoted so much that it will be the ideal formation no matter where you fight.

Some cool scripts... Something about the Tings around Viken and (Sarps)Borg.

And yeah the decapitation animation is awsome!! An axe man will swing his axe and the heads will roll. It's hillarious!
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Historical tradecenters and trading outposts with some sort of income bonus (guild or script) and a huge treasure when pillaging one aswell. (If this bonus was solved with a guild, it could be done by simply giving the guild a high destruction value).

I hope to see that you'll need to slay every family member in order to eliminate a faction.
    (also called horde mode I believe)

Great damage from bows and javelins.

No hardned elite warriors will flee, but only welcome valhalla.

The ability to destroy everything in a settlement, included wall.

Vašarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

- I would like to see my home on the map. (Trųndelag)
    - The faction Hålgoland
    - And the ability to have Viking units
    - Maybe the battle of Stiklestad as a Historical battle

Im just so tired of being joust outside the map!

Unless something has changed, Halgoland will be a faction, as stated here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post7614772

There are some other posts around there discussing it as well.

I want to see different weapons in a unit. Like axes and swords in same unit (like IRL). Is there skjóldborg in every viking unit (not in twohanded axe unit..) ?
    Last edited by NorseMar; April 15, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: retype word

Indefinitely Banned

Would like to see preview about Häme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast