Page 1 of 72 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Realism | Feedback + General Discussion (until incl. 3.7, defunct thread)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Empire Realism | Feedback + General Discussion (until incl. 3.7, defunct thread)

Posts moved, and title changed. The mod project is now a hosted mod project on TWC, 23rd October, 2009.
    Eventually click on the most upper menu-link "Empire Realism" to get the overview.
    / comment added by DV

Mod file updated to: v 0.3

Balanced anew technology tree (research points), building construction times and costs, recruitment costs and upkeep.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Darthmod Empire Realism+

GREAT! +rep mate!

this kind of stuff is simply excellent!
    may i suggest something?
    as a realistic version of darth mod, may you work on something like manpower and supply as APE TI does? i send a mail about it to darth few days ago.
    i talked about it with the team, they refused to make their mod compatible with darth mod BUT it seems it is not a problem if SOMEONE do it instead of them IF credits are honored i guess...
    see my discussion below :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272608

all your changes seems great on the paper, i ll try this out. maybe i could suggest also to rework elit unit limitation? for exemple, all elite unit which are limited to 1, could be limited to 2 or 4 max.
    anyway standard unit limitation is fair enough, and i m not a supporter of "no limits at all, let's recruit a full army of swiss guards from DLC" hehe

Looks interesting. I'll test it out today and leave some feedback. Anything in particular you want me to look at/for while I play?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    GREAT! +rep mate!

this kind of stuff is simply excellent!
    may i suggest something?
    as a realistic version of darth mod, may you work on something like manpower and supply as APE TI does? i send a mail about it to darth few days ago.
    i talked about it with the team, they refused to make their mod compatible with darth mod BUT it seems it is not a problem if SOMEONE do it instead of them IF credits are honored i guess...
    see my discussion below :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272608

all your changes seems great on the paper, i ll try this out. maybe i could suggest also to rework elit unit limitation? for exemple, all elite unit which are limited to 1, could be limited to 2 or 4 max.
    anyway standard unit limitation is fair enough, and i m not a supporter of "no limits at all, let's recruit a full army of swiss guards from DLC" hehe
    Supply theme: I know what you mean, but atm. haven't time to investigate the thing. I'll look that i get the needed time, thanks for the idea.

Elite limitation (slight increase): I'll look into this soon, such changes should be done quick.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    Looks interesting. I'll test it out today and leave some feedback. Anything in particular you want me to look at/for while I play?
    No, just play and have fun. Of course you can if you like leave feedback ... is always welcome.

This Darth submod here is actually no major project for me, it's just that i share the version how i play Empire TW.

Last edited by DaVinci; July 05, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

I'd also be interested by the "Terra Incognita" system of supply and manpower. From what I've understood: the files used by the "TI" part won't overlap with those used by Darthmod (those that overlap are the APE part, related to battles, which we really don't want).

The first biggest pain would be to adapt the localisation file... as they've added tags to cover these new aspects. The second large pain would be the startpos.esf, where I don't know if what they've added is required by the TI scripts, or not (and, anyway, we do need a startpos.esf for the Darthmod sizes...).

Edit: seems like they deactivate some of the gentlemen's abilities in the startpos.esf... so it's something we would need as well.
    Last edited by grbo; July 05, 2009 at 11:35 AM.

yep terra incognita's stuff are really great and i think it is what the darth mod need. for the rest, darth mod is just the best.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

interesting new mod to follow!

+rep for you my friend

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Patrician Artifex

Updated to v0.4 ( thanks to TWmadman for pushing me )

Content change description in the 1st post.

@ TWmadman and other
    For the requested TI core mod, i'll need a lot more time to check that out, if and in how far it gets an implementation here.
    I even haven't got the time to dl/install the APE/TI mod. I only was reading alpaca's thread as he announced his TI mod project, a good while ago.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM.

I don't think the TI adaptation is really a priority... take your time.

take your time mate

the most important thing is to reach perfection, it is not a rush

Patrician Artifex

1st post updated with v0.5.

In the whole the changes offer now a significant changed gameplay for the Grand Campaign mode.
    This mod/version is something for friends of increased realism approaches for the campaign gameplay.

The update is save game compatible, but to experience the full difference it is recommended to start a new campaign.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 06, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Patrician Artifex

1st post updated with v0.55.

A few more tweaks on 0.5 done, example: also the sloop now needs 2 turns (will decrease the fleet spamming).

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Do you think it is possible to restrict the available ships for pirates to sloops, brigs and frigates? I'm tired of having to battle pirates in Fluyts and Galleons. Although Blackbeard's ship was a heavily modified fluyt, it was a very rare occurence for pirates to sail anything other than fore-aft rigged ships and maybe frigates if they could get their hands on them.

Come to think of it... shouldn't fluyts be nerfed back to normal trade ships instead of floating fortresses? Just because Blackbeard decked one out with 40+ cannons doesn't mean every fluyt should look like that. The ship plans I used to create a 3D model of a fluyt some time ago only showed 22 9 pounders and 12 6 pounders, but most traders would remove the 9 pounders to create additional cargo space. On average historical Fluyts carried only 12-15 cannons. The Indiaman, however, generally carried more cannons than Fluyts because it was used in longer voyages. The VOC Indiaman 'Amsterdam' carried 8 24+2+2 12 pounders on the gun deck and 20 6 pounders on the upper deck for a grand total of 48 guns. CA, for some reason (read: as usual), has it completely backwards.

(These are the models I made. Historically accurate plans were used to build them.)

Patrician Artifex

I'll look into this issue with the pirate ships sooner or later, as it annoys me, too, since i play ETW. I adressed this already a bit with some campaign balancing (but not combat balancing as of yet), and i must say in my game-experience (on H campaign) the frequence of heavy pirate fleets is reduced.

I think i'll make a quasi final version 1.0 within the next days/weeks/months where all such things will be considered, which annoy me and can be easily picked by db tables modding ... just depends - but for me, i can say i never get a ctd, so ETW 1.3 is a worthy patch to build db tables mods on, which will most likely also compatible with future ETW patches.
    If we get some day really capable tools to modify much more properly, i might work on some other aspects (for a v2.0, a very maybe though, because of real life business).

On a side note: Originally i planned to not touch any combat codes of the Darth-masterpiece, but there are some little things which i as well like to balance in this area. Example, what bothers me especially and gets very soon a change: native american bows with 300 men (ultra) makes this unit like a warmachine, nearly every arrow kills a soldier, while you need ages to reduce them with musket-shots, result will be: reduce troop number, reduce attack value, and still they will be very dangerous to any white men ...lol. Of course it's possible to win over the bowmen, but then you need to charge them with bajonets from all sites to break them quick, as they are also melee capable. I like dangerous and strong native americans, but it should be rendered as realistic as possible imo. A native "army" of bowmen working like medieval line-archer-units is ahistorical. And also, not every arrow would meet its target, what is nearly the case now.

(These are the models I made. Historically accurate plans were used to build them.)
    Interesting things with the ship models
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 07, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

DaVinci: check my suggestion for naval submod here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...42#post5533542
    what do you think about it?

oh, and about bowmen - try reducing lethality of arrow. right now its just too high. it should be nowhere near lethality of bullet. arrow was really innefective stopper - even if soldeirs didnt had any armor - arrow created clean piercing wound, most often clothes entered the wound which together with arrow in the wound prevented blood loss. Bullet at the other side created nasty tissue damage and always resulted in huge blood loss (standard caliber in that era was 15-18mm - quite a big ugly bullet...)

So if musket lethality is let say 0.9, bow lethality shouldnt behigher than 0.45, i would even consider 0.3 - and compensate it by fast reloading (let say 6-7 seconds)
    Last edited by JaM; July 08, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    DaVinci: check my suggestion for naval submod here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...42#post5533542
    what do you think about it?

oh, and about bowmen - try reducing lethality of arrow. right now its just too high. it should be nowhere near lethality of bullet. arrow was really innefective stopper - even if soldeirs didnt had any armor - arrow created clean piercing wound, most often clothes entered the wound which together with arrow in the wound prevented blood loss. Bullet at the other side created nasty tissue damage and always resulted in huge blood loss (standard caliber in that era was 15-18mm - quite a big ugly bullet...)

So if musket lethality is let say 0.9, bow lethality shouldnt behigher than 0.45, i would even consider 0.3 - and compensate it by fast reloading (let say 6-7 seconds)
    I just read your comments on the naval aprects (half of the post as of yet), you are truly an expert
    Do you have modding abilities*? If yes, then please let me know if you can provide those changes ... i would like to implement them into the Realism+ project (you'll get full credits for those parts of course).

Yes, i'll look that i can realise the bowmen along your thoughts.

*if not, but you wanna know how to work with the PFM tool, then pm me, and i'll give you a hand (little tutorial). Perhaps you like to team up with me for this mod here? As i see you have pretty much the same approaches to ETW as me.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 08, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

i might try to do it, i did most of those changes in my game, i'm only not sure about those carronade frigates, but so far i didnt really tried, so maybe its not that hard...

and regarding the bows - i know hit is a hit, but if you are aunder attack of ugly scarry natives, then it would be quite stupid to not fight because you have an arrow in your leg or torso if it is not incapacitated wound - such soldiers would continue fighting, at the other side, hit from musket and huge blood loss would prevent even strong persons to continue fighting..
    Last edited by JaM; July 08, 2009 at 10:04 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    i might try to do it, i did most of those changes in my game, i'm only not sure about those carronade frigates, but so far i didnt really tried, so maybe its not that hard...
    Well, can you do these points based on the DER+ 0.55 version? I mean, that you just deliver the modded product? That would make it then to DER+ 0.6.
    And, as said i invite you to team up with me. Just in case, then pm me with a link for this version, and i'll check it out, and release it as 0.6.

and regarding the bows - i know hit is a hit, but if you are aunder attack of ugly scarry natives, then it would be quite stupid to not fight because you have an arrow in your leg or torso if it is not incapacitated wound - such soldiers would continue fighting, at the other side, hit from musket and huge blood loss would prevent even strong persons to continue fighting..
    Right! I see this in the same lines, anyway, in this timeframe, natives had no iron/steal points for their arrows, and used just bone and horn material.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 08, 2009 at 10:08 AM.

ok, np, i'm currently in the work, but i will start with changes immediatly when i arrive home (in about 4 hours)

Page 1 of 72 12345678910112651 ... LastLast