Thread: Armenia: The Legend of and AAR gone bad.

Default Armenia: The Legend of and AAR gone bad.

I Figure since there hasn't been a post in this forum since May, and with the release of Broken Crescent 2.0. I figured I might try and restore some interest in doing AARs. Worth a shot, huh?

First update to follow.

Default Armenia: The Legend of and AAR gone bad.

The Number 1 Armenian News Anchor
    Ron Burgundian

Hello Folks and
    Welcome to channel 4 news. I’m Ron Burgundian broadcasting live out of our news station here in Adana. Our main story tonight : Total war in the Middle East! That’s right kids, its all going on right outside your door, Crusades, rebellions, and open warfare! We can go live to our reporter in the field Kerry Spondant who has an exclusive interview with our glorious ruler Takavor Reuben. Kerry?

Kerry: Thanks Ron I’m here with the big cheese himself, Takavor Reuben… So how do you see the future for our nation, is it progress, or merely survival?

Reuben: Well Kerry, as you can see on the faction selection screen we have a good mix of infantry, missile and cavalry, but our lack of early lancers and precarious starting position mean we must stay aware at all times.

Kerry: Well ignoring our inevitable demise at the hands of Islam, What are your plans?

Reuben: Well I want to rid our doorsteps of rebels, establish trade and diplomacy, and we’ll go from there. A great man once said “Don’t with the Ayyubids”, but bound by Christian allegiances who knows what will happen in the future.

Kerry: That’s great but being surrounded by enemies can’t be a good thing, even the disorganised cities such as Vakha, Antioch and Seleukeia have formidable forces in them, not even mentioning the Turks, the Eastern Roman Empire, the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Ayyubids who would undoubtably prefer so see our nation simply diappear.

Reuben: Fu- you’re right, it doesn’t look good does it?

Kerry: One final question, how do you respond to allegations that you are responsible for the credit crisis because of your incompetant trading?

Reuben: -cries- Running a country is hard! All these enemies and no money and I just don’t know how I’m gonna deal with it!

Kerry: Thanks for that, back to the studio.

Well it looks like we might have to brush up on our Qar’an! Ha ha. It’s time for our quick nation update with our campaign analyst Allie. Allie?

Allie: NOTHING HAPPENED YET!

Thanks Allie.

That’s all we’ve got time for today, I’ve been Ron Burgundian and this is KVWN Channel 4 news. Keep it real, Armenia.

Last edited by Cypher 17; July 06, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Default Re: Armenia: The Legend of and AAR gone bad.

Urgh...Anchorman quotes aplenty, I see.

Well, I did chuckle at a few lines. Keep at it.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Great AAR keep it up

Yay a new AAR! Keep it up d00d!

Go yourself, Armenia.

second update to follow, hopefully I can keep this going at least for a week. I'm only playing on H/H so I tend to accelerate through stuff, then get bored. I also love that there's a typo in the title of the thread. That about sums up the quality inside.
    Last edited by Cypher 17; July 05, 2009 at 08:07 PM.

Default Armenia: The Legend of an AAR gone bad.

Welcome to channel 4 news I’m Ron Burgundian straight out of Adana year 1185. All looks good for Armenia today after a successful couple of years. Trading lanes with the Turks, the Romans, the Ayyubids, the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Makuria, The great Seljuks, the Abbasids and Georgia were all opened, with Christian alliances made with Georgia and the Crusaders. Our reporter in the field Kerry Spondant managed to collar down head of our diplomatic department Samhuel for a chat.
    Kerry: Hi Samhuel it’s great to finally talk to you. Erm, where are we at the moment?
    Samhuel: We’ve just come through Georgia and into Russia, I’m setting up a meeting with some Kypchak dignitaries.
    Kerry: You think you can really make a sensible agreement with those savages? I heard they eat people
    Samhuel: A lot of it is just stories, I guess we'll find out.
    Kerry: Well quite, people back at home are saying you are very diplomatic, how would you rate your abilities?
    Samhuel: It’s just nice to be recognised for your achievements, it’s not every day you get to make treaties with Samuel L Jackson* or Legolas**. Only the Kypchaks to go and I can start heading east. Speak of the devil...

Kypchak Barbarian: WE CAN HAS TASTY LADY FOR ALLIANCE?!?!
    Samhuel: This does not seem unreasonable.
    Kerry: HEY! Ron? Help!
    …..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh my god! He killed Kerry! Ahem, moving swiftly on... On the war front its rapid expansion, with our glorious ruler Takavor Reuben, accompanied by his son and heir Avag Sepuh Levon leading successful assaults on Vakha, against the evil silver surfer Mleh!

Seleukeia,

Hama,

and most importantly, taking the huge port city of Antioch from Bohemund and his crusader soldiers.

Time again for our quick nation update with our campaign analyst, Allie. Allie?

Allie: WE TOOK SOME STUFF

Thanks Allie.

In other news, Tiny trade ship forces Roman fleet to flee onto land!

Its all going on in the holy land! Barbarossa is inbound, Ayyubids take Jerusalem and Legolas is up to his usual bad assery!

(I forgot to screenie the news shots of Islam taking Jerusalem and the crusade being called. Hurr Durr.)

Well that’s all for this installment. I’ve been Ron Burgundian and this is KVWN channel 4 news. Keep it real, Armenia.
    Last edited by Cypher 17; July 06, 2009 at 10:07 AM.

Real great chapter keep up the good work.

And maybe next time an interview with Levon.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Officially the only AAR I've subscribed to in about a year(forget the fact that I don't read AARs and happened upon this by chance!). Keep up the good work.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Cool AAR

But surely an Armenian Ron Burdgundy would be called Ron Burgundian. Amrite?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Officially the only AAR I've subscribed to in about a year(forget the fact that I don't read AARs and happened upon this by chance!). Keep up the good work.
    OMFG @ colour of your name

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Cool AAR

But surely an Armenian Ron Burdgundy would be called Ron Burgundian. Amrite?

OMFG @ colour of your name
    You are right it should be Burgundian

Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    You are right it should be Burgundian
    Edited because I never dealt well with peer pressure.

Original idea came from Sasuntsi Davit. I didn't research Armenian names

I'm going to play this for a while and hopefully prewrite a few entries. Watch this space.
    Last edited by Cypher 17; July 06, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Nice work, I am following this one.

In true notenome fashion, I've managed to break my PC (I had an epic powercut that caused glorious fuse shortage in my power supply, wrecking my graphics card and motherboard beyond repair). I've salvaged the harddrive and hopefully it's still useable, I'm currently building a new computer and if the data is restorable, may continue this AAR. Apologies to everyone, however it looks like there's a few other AARs going round, so I guess in part I achieved my objective.

this is great, reminds me of notenomes Turkish AAR. please continue

edit:

WTF YOU BROKE YOUR PC THIS MUST BE DESTINY