Thread: Fixed - CTD loading to battles

Default Fixed - CTD loading to battles

I'm playing as Portugal and whenever I load a battle screen in Europe (thus far against Spain and against St Johns Knights or whatever they are) the game crashes with IS mod. I've run it without the IS mod and it's fine, but with IS it crashes to desktop while loading to the battle. I've checked everywhere and reinstalled everything and I still keep crashing =( Help?

Default Re: CTD loading to battles

I've run into the same problem when playing as Portugal, when attacking Spain... as soon as the battle begins loading it crashes to desktop.

Edit\ Well I tried Notees tip of disabling IS with mod manager and leaving the startpos.esf in place. Loaded my saved game and attacked Madrid again (where it was crashing) and no crash. Battle loaded up fine and was good to go, something it doesn't like with IS. I was also trying with Courland during a campaign and was getting frequent CTD when loading battles but didn't think to try turning off IS during that time. Auto resolved worked fine, just not when trying to load battles.
    Last edited by carbide; July 04, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

could you two please post the army composition you get a CTD with? A CTD when loading battles is caused by a corrupted unit in the army, doubtless work of the latest patch.

Had a general, 2 each demi-cannons and sakers fixed artillery. Regiment of horse, and a couple units of line infantry. I'm pretty sure those are the only ones I had made up an army with.

i have the same problem, i took Madrid as Brittan and have a Spanish army attacking me with Portugal reinforcements.
    Portugal army has General, Provincial Guard, Demi Cannon, Militia, Pikemen, Guerrillas, and line infantry.
    Spain has Calverly, Irish Brigade, Militia, Guerrillas

I think the problem is with the Portugal army because i have fought the Spain army with only British troops with out any problems

dang IS had a similar problemo with Guerillas once it couldnt be those little buggers again not in courland hmm, you guys are running IS 1.85 latest version i take it? Just to make sure any bug hunts are in the right version.

As LazyK says its one dang unit that can be causing it. Posting battle rosters certainly helps narrow it down thnx.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 04, 2009 at 01:21 PM.

Using 1.85
    sounds like an issue with one of Portugal's troops

Senator

Both posters mentiond demi cannons being in the mix, that is the most likely problem being as they are in common. I would sugest trying a custom battle with just a unit Porto demi cannons against one other unit and see if you can duplicate the crash, or try runing a campain as Porto and sending just a demi cannon into battle and see if that crashes the game. If that isn't it do the same thing with every other unit you know was in the battle causing the crash. It might take a while but it is the best way I know of to find the unit that is the problem.

I am suspecting the projectiles table, i.e. the General to cause it, but i think that option can be erased as many more people had reported if a general would cause the crash (He has those nasty bullets, remember).

Maybe in some update the fix for guerillas got lost? after all one of two reports mentions them and the other mentions he had line infantry but is not sure...

Fixed the problem. It's guerrilas. There's a thread somewhere in this forum that fixes it. it's something about editing the unit info in the patch editor and deleting the word MAN somewhere under WARGEAR or something or another. It's likke 3-4 pages into the forum.

how did those buggers get back in,

Well spotted Notes if that the problem i had forgotten how we fixed it.

EDit: Checked and it and it is them pesky Geurillas again. Ive fixed the wrong entry it but aint got time to test, so here a version feel free to test. Well spotted Notee
    Last edited by Dogmeat; August 09, 2009 at 11:15 PM.

The fix is on this page if you wanna do it manually. Pretty easy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light=Guerilla

lol oh guess it wasn't needed. Thanks Dogmeat.
    Last edited by Notees; July 04, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

All right good deal on the fix. +rep Notess.

Portugal here we come again....
    Last edited by carbide; July 04, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Default Re: Fixed - CTD loading to battles

fixed and closed.

PM me if you have any questions