Thread: Going to Calella today

Default Going to Calella today

So...me and a few other graduates from my school are going to Calella (Spain) today to get wasted, etc...any advice on what to do there during the days?

Prof
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Going to Calella today

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    So...me and a few other graduates from my school are going to Calella (Spain) today to get wasted, etc...any advice on what to do there during the days?

Prof
    Ahh Calella!!! The locals here call it "guiri town" (tourist town). Full of graduates and young tourists that as you say go there to get drunk and wasted all week. You will be going out on discos and to the beach mainly...if you can, try to get a trip to visit Barcelona, even if its just for a day it could be worth to have a "rest" one day and visit that lovely city!

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

I agree on the one day trip to Barcelona, the city is awesome...
    I was in Barcelona this year on a six-day excursion with school and the city was magnificent. After Rome, it's the second best city I know...
    Κύριος εμοί βοηθός, και ου φοβηθήσομαι, τι ποιήσει μοι άνθρωπος; (Εβρ.ιγ', 6, Ψαλμ. ΡΙΖ')

well...I'm back...after 6 nights in Bob's bar I feel like I won't get rid of the alcohol for another week xD

Barcelona was quite nice, too. But there were many pickpockets...

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

well...I'm back...after 6 nights in Bob's bar I feel like I won't get rid of the alcohol for another week xD

Barcelona was quite nice, too. But there were many pickpockets...
    Hehe told you, you were going to drunkshire! xD

Well yeah, the crisis and all that stuff has made more people get into theft, but if you are a bit carefull of your belongings these guys shouldn't be a problem. I mean in any big tourist site you will get guys like these, and (sadly) Barcelona is no exception. I hope you liked the city and all and these idiots weren't much of a problem!

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

well...we went there on our own, so we had no orientation at first and in the 6 hours we were there we only managed to visit the sagrada familia and eat a paella xD

luckily (or because of my skill) nothing was stolen from me...I felt some fingers in my pockets from time to time, but my money was someplace safe

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

well...we went there on our own, so we had no orientation at first and in the 6 hours we were there we only managed to visit the sagrada familia and eat a paella xD

luckily (or because of my skill) nothing was stolen from me...I felt some fingers in my pockets from time to time, but my money was someplace safe
    that's because you looked like a tourist all the way through...
    I've been living in Barcelona for ten years and I haven't had the slightest incident with pickpockets... but I always warn friends coming to visit. In the Ramblas is were you must really pay attention.
    --------------Arengada--------------