Thread: Remove trait

Default Remove trait

One of my Generals has aquired the Flexible trait. Looking at the trait it seems to make him pretty much useless for running a settlement.

I have been trying to remove it using the console using the following commands and variations of them,

remove_trait "Coelwine" Flexible

and give_trait Coelwine Flexible 0

I either get an err wrong command or cant find the trait on the database. So can i remove this trait and if so what is the correct sintax to do it.

Default Re: Remove trait

give_trait is correct AFAIK, the problem is likely the name of the trait: you don't use the name of the trait itself but rather the "line" of traits it is a part of (GoodCommander, for example) You can find them all in export_descr_character_traits.txt in the main Data folder. If you then search within that file for the name of the particular trait you'll find the name of the family, and you follow that with a number for the "level" you want to give. Level 0 effectively removes the trait. The line for Flexible is called Corrupt, so the command should be:

Code:
    give_trait Coelwine Corrupt 0
    Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II