Thread: Generic Error?

Default Generic Error?

Okay i'm not exactly new to RTW, i've done some very basic modding on my own, but this is beyond me, so could anybody make sense of this:

"Generic Error: DATABASE_TABLE error found: max records exceeded from file data/descr_event_images.txt"

that's exactly quoted from the error messages that pops up when I CTD, It occurs before i even get to the menu, i get the title with all the legal infor then bam, CTD. I've never messed with that file before, I comepletely uninstalled RTW then reinstalled and I still get this message. as I said, I'm lost.
    Last edited by DacianToad; June 13, 2005 at 07:56 PM.

Default Re: Generic Error?

sorry to bump an old thread, but i have the same problem and there hasnt been an answer that worked so far while browsing and searching this forum and surfing the web.

this error occured as soon as i installed 1.3 (from 1.2). i tried to patch to 1.5 in hopes that it would fix this problem, but the patch says i dont have 1.3 installed

there were couple threads about generic errors and they all had to do with deleting some text files or entries. also, someone said to delete "vanilla models" but i have no idea what that is.