Thread: Help me with mod manager

Icon4 Help me with mod manager

Hi , im new to this modding world im just wondering how to install mod manager a nice easy way to do it. Ive downloaded Lt chambers mod manager the lastest 1 assume 1.5. ive read other threads about it with ppl explaining how to install it but i dont understand and also i keep getting anetting tht error aswell .So if you know how to install it a would like some1 to help and plz reply what do i do and how and where to install .

Also i use vista 64/bit

Double post merged.

-yelowdogg23
    Last edited by YD23; July 02, 2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Double post.

Default Re: Help me with mod manager

Simply put ALL the files from the mod manager inside your
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    folder. Drop your mods in there to. Hit the ModManager.exe (in my case I created a short cut on the DT) and you should see all the mods you have in the "data" folder.
    In my case I only have this one at the mo

As for the error, can you be a bit more specific please.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

I also have a question about the Mod manager. When I open it, is shows not just the mod packs that I've downloaded into the data file, but also all the other files that were originally in there: patch, main, sounds, ui etc. Is this normal, and do i have to click all these for them to run, I am able to play without clicking them, but am I missing out?

trueshadow21's Avatar Foederatus

As for the error, when in Vista, you need to run as Administrator (or at least I had to). To do this you right click and select the 'Run as administrator' option.

Jay Mac, I'm not 100% sure I get what you are saying, but if you have "Show all pack types" selected it will show everything, vanilla included. If you uncheck this it only shows .packs that are mods.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

I open mod manager, the show all pack types and show vanilla conflict buttons are both unchecked. And on the screen I see the TROM mods I downloaded and then this list comes up as well:
    ui
    patch
    main
    patch_en
    sounds_sfx
    battleterrain
    groupformations
    anim
    battlepresets
    models
    movies
    (etc.)
    And this is on the same screen that allows me to check or uncheck my downloaded mods

trueshadow21's Avatar Foederatus

Strange... only mod types should show up without the show all types checked. You might want to download pack file manager & open all the non-mod ones listed as mods & check their type & re-save them properly if they are set to be mods.

Link to the "Pack File Manager 1.11b".

Thread for Pack File Manager where you might get some info on how to use it:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Also a link to the Mod Manager thread, you might want to just double check you have the latest version.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335

I had some problems too with 1.5. I find 1.4 works ok for me.