Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sealords-Shiptexture-Minimod to use in the GC and with most other Mods

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Sealords-Shiptexture-Minimod to use in the GC and with most other Mods

It is telling me I have to be a premium member in order to download.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Sealords-Shiptexture-Minimod to use in the GC and with most other Mods

Might be fixed already, I tried out the link and was able to DL it just fine off of Rapidshare (and I am definitely not a premium user )
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

also a little notice. Danish naval uniforms used dark blue (naval blue) colour scheme.
    Oderint dum metuant

There shall be a button to DL without Premium Membership. It normally tell you just that if you don't want to wait 90 seconds before DL you should become a premium-member. Just ignore it, wait 90 seconds and DL it Free.

About danish uniforms: the mod don't include any db-tables. That makes him compatible with nearly all patches and mods, but don't let me make much more changes as includes now. The Uniforms you see are the vanilla ones. If you like changes there, mayby take a look at erasmus "sons of the dannebrog"-mod. It should run just fine with the Minimod, as it has no changed textures for ships (that's the only reason the might be odd behaviours with this mod, as all availible ship-texture mods base on my models).

So before anyone ask for more shiptextures, uniforms and other changes: this mod is supposed to be as compatible as possible. Due to the restrictions of ETW and the nessesarity to use no tables to be as compatible as possible, there are no futher changes planned for now. I still work on a big Version of this mod or to say it better on a new Version of the original Sealords-Mod, that will include more changes. But work goes on slowly, as time is much limited atm.
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265

Im getting in the start of an new GC map as im the french and my six rate ship is black and red Iv got DarthMod going but when i go to custom battle i see that it is white and black as it should be.

Do i get you right? If you fight a battle in Campaign, you have red/black on the 6th rate, but in a custom Battle black and white?

If so, do you use any other mod of the following Mods in campaign: AUM, Hornblower or Pirate Mod?

While AUM normally should not be a problem, as it includes the minimod completly, The other base on the same models (i allowed them to use the models of the first version of the Big Sealords mod), but textures can be named differently. That would be a problem i can think of.

ETW use the 1deck32-model for the 6th rate. This model has in Vanilla 4 Versions of the ships - general (britain), france, spain and russia. The minimod himself, don't really add models, he only changes the existing models, to call up different textures than standart vanilla. So there is no db-table included.

The over 1st, 1st rate, 3rd rate, 5th rate and 6th rate have in vanilla special models for france, russia and Spain (and one for britain and all other nations), so these ships should have the correct painings in GC and custom Battle.
    All other ships have just one model for all nations. the 2nd rate and the 4th rate should appear in black and yellow. The unrated ships like brig and sloop, i just mixed the colours (don't ask me which one get which colorscheme), so they can be red and black for france.

There could be the next problem: if you have a mod, changeing the model used for 6th rate i.e. to the 1deck24 (in vanilla the carronade frigate, but historically also a 6th rate frigate), you would only have one model for all nation availible. As i said, don't ask me which color i assigned to it, but it's possible that it was red and black.. You mayby can find out, by checking the number of guns (24 instead of 32).

So it would be good to know if you use additional mods in the GC (as custom seems to run ok). There must be another mod in use, to have the 6th rate not in proper colors. I'm not following all mods and all changes availible, but if you tell me i can check them.
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Ya its the bridge or the sloop that are red/black. Its the ship at the beginning that starts out at the GC its the lower ship class its an sloop i do think its the lower class ship that gots two rows of cannons. For the mods that i got is DarthMod and most reskin mods going, no AUM or anything like that.
    Last edited by 1in1class; December 11, 2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: need

Brig and Sloop have only one Model in Vanilla-ETW. So there is no possibility to have different textures for France, Britain, Spain and Russia without adding ships to the DB-Files.

If i would add a db-File to add units, i would loose the compatibility with most mods. If you look at i.e. DM: Darth made changes to the Stats of the original Ships. New ships won't be affected by those changes. This way i would need to make versions for Vanilla and all possible Mods, to not get ships totally out off stats.

The other possibility was to restrict the mod to those models, that are already in the game. this way, the mod himself don't change a single db and should run perfectly with all mods and patches. The downside is the limitation in models. Many types just have one model, othere have 4. I explained in the last post about those restrictions and it's quite obviouse you run into this effect. Having just one model for each unrated shiptype, i decided to just mix the colours, making one black and white, another yellow and black or red and black. So it was not a bug, but the restrictions of ETW...
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

i know its been mentioned that there are compatibility issues with hornblower and the like, but can you plz tell me how to overwrite the ship textures, as with both activated, all britsh ships are red and black, though both mods make them yellow and black. i treid deleting hornblowers rigid models, and changing the load order, to no avail.
    cheers.

edit: ive also tried replacing hornblowers rigid models with sealords models, to no avail.

If I load sealords first, i get
    - all british ships red n black
    - all french ships yellow n black
    - all spanish ships green n white
    - and all others yellow and black

If i load hornblower mod higher, all are accurate, except the minor naval factions all have black and white hulls

PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; December 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Very nice mod + rep

@ Howe: thanks for the Rep...

@SPQR-Boy: Both mods are simply not compatible. This is based on the fact that the model-files are internally the same, though they are named differently. But in those files are the links to the texture-names and they are the same, only the textures himself are also not the same.

Hornblower-mod adds new models to ETW, as he took his models named i.e. 3deck100_02 (and all other he uses) directly out of my old model.pack for modders. The SL-minimod on the other hand, don't add any new model, but replaces i.e. the vanilla 3deck100_fr with a new 3deck100_fr that has implemented to call up texures like 4deckhullstrip_02_diffuse.dds. originally it is the same model as the 3deck100_02, i just renamed it, so i don't need to change and db-tables.

Now you have two mods, having two different named model-files, which are originally the same. this is normally no big deal. But both need textures with the same name. So Hornblower have textures with i.e. _02_ and the minimod also. Depending on which is loaded last, you see one or the other appear on screen. So it doesn't matter which is loaded first, one model will alway have the wrong texture, as while always the last loaded texture overwrites the prior loaded, the models don't overwrite each other.

Sorry no solution. Mayby ask Rusty to harmonise textures with the Minimod or decide for one or the other...
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Hi.

The link doesn't work I'm friad, I would advise you to make another link, otherwise this mod will become outdated.

Just checked it once again:
    The Link is ok. Can't see any Problems with Downloading the mod...

Why should the mod become outdated?
    For me this would mean there are newer more modern Mods like this availible and sorry to say, this i can't see in the near future as this would mean another modder would have to make new models to accept new textures. No one did this up to now. All naval-texture-mods you can get atm base on those models you see in the Minimod or more exat all mods including this one on my slmodel.pack.

Before DL this minimod, you should always check, if you have i.e. AUM with grafic.pack or another mod with shiptextures installed. There are some already availible and i think some will come up, that integrate the minimod already.
    Last edited by Bladerunner; December 26, 2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Bladerunner
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Good gad! it's working!.

Maybe I waas a little hasty in my assumption .

Great mod BTW .

I like the textures, but i found a problem, IDK if this also adds Oby's new ship models but it it seems to somehow modify the ships so the cannons stick out further, which looks cool but as Oby found in his thread causes the reload animation to bug so that the guys are standing outside the hull while they reload like this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...7&d=1261759257

I got this while using the minimod with no other ship texture or model altering mods.

Hope there is an update to this Its an very nice shiptexture mod, the only one at that. Maybe we will see an update some time

Quick question - What do I need to mess with in order to say... Give Polish-Lithuanian ships for example... the French hull paint?

Can you place a download link for torrent please? I cant download through RapidShare. Hope this one still active

Oh dont worry, I got it working now. Thanks for the mod. It looks really awesome )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast