Thread: [ETW AAR] For God and Victory: A Spainish AAR

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Default [ETW AAR] For God and Victory: A Spainish AAR

Ok guys this is of course a AAR about spain in etw, I will try to update it as much as possible. This will be in a Journal type format, and from 1 persons view, exept the prologue.
    Prologue
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    May 3rd 1700
    Spain is now a cripled empire, not by its own wieght but rather by the stupidity of Carlos II Spain's current king. Spains Forces in America are dwindling, holding only 3 settlements (Cuba, Hispanola, and Florida.) In Europe the situation isnt much better, as the hostile English are seemingly asking for war, while spain faces multiple nations that hold a grudge against it. The Heretic Dutch seem to have fit together an army that could take back Brussels, Spains only Stronghold in Northern Europe, Meanwhile in Italy; Genoa is rearing to get milan back and may make a move to recapture it. Austria and the French are nearing a long expected war, however spain would be forced into this mess due to its obligation to help its one and only ally of france. Meanwhile the Ottomans seem to be in position to re-enter Europe and maybe take on a war-occupied Europe (Austria). To the South of Spain the Morrocan Kingdom hungers for its once larger moorish empire; and for its revenge on the ones who stole it. This leaves Gibralter to defend the path into spain, but there is one large complication with this, the Morrocan city of Morroco can dish out troops at a higher quality and faster than the small city of Gibralter. Also to the south of spain is the foolish Barbary States, while they are weak they hold a powerful ally out of the Ottomans, and will certainly be in spains path to bring Christianity to a region full of heretics. Tiems for spain are about to be tough, and spain will need a strong army and general to help fight off all these threats

JOURNAL PART 1
    July 30th, 1700
    Today our King held a meeting among all his generals and his council, I being a General was obligated to attend. My impression of our King before the meeting was actually quite high but during the meeting of generals his true eticate and intelligence showed through, as he seemed to have uncontrollable drooling among other problems of stupidity.

After the Kings troubles the real meaning of the meeting began. The meeting was called in order to split up what areas each of us (generals) would have to defend or conquer. But the King seemigly forgot his notes and therefore postponed the actuall meeting for tommoro.

Auguast 1st, 1700
    At the meeting today we drew lots to figure out what part of the country or world we would be responsible for managing military operations in. For some of the generals imminent naval travel would be needed. I was the fourth person to draw. My lot said Heretic Lands, a tear rolled down my cheek, I would certainly never see my family again. These words "Heretic Lands" were describing North Africa and the Middle East, in other words I had been sent on a conquest to conquere everything from Morroco to Baghdad. I was to have packed my bags, mobilized my troops, and told my newly married wife of my burden by Auguast 5th, I then on Auguast 6th would be on my conquest. Goodbye spain, Goodbye...

Auguast 3rd 1700
    Upon hearing about my assignment the Lord High Constable came to talk to me. He told me he understood his situation and that in case of my death on my conquest that he would set up a lot on his land for my family to live in. He also said that he would provide my wife with constant news of my travels if I was unable to send mail to her because of the danger. He then informed me of the regiments I would be taking. And he offered help in my preperations to travel, I politly declined and went off to mobilize my troops. Thinking of the Lord High Constable I realized exactly how much of a gentelman he was, maybe the conquest would be bearable with his help....

December 27th, 1700
    I have been on conquest for a couple of months now, so far we have had no encounters with any rebel forces. My First Luitenant, Lt. Casco leads the 4th Regement of Foot, a Line regiment. News came in that King Carlos II had officially declared war against Morroco, As of right now my troops and I are stationed in Gibralter, which is directly across from Morroco, we will be stationed here till Gibralter has a force that is worthy enough to defend the city.... I have been told by the Lord High Constable that I am Spains best general and that in some ways he is glad that the task I have been given was given to me, he feels secure in the fact that I am able to carry out such a task....Unfortunetly I feel as though the task may be impossible...but there is no need for him to know that

September 21st 1702
    It has been a while since I have written in my Journal but training my men has taken up time, the Lord High Constable has given my 10 regiments of Line Soldiers, 2 regiments of Caribeeners, and 1 regiment of Horse. Soon we will strike upon Morroco and Africa, and we will win... My troops are strong, and are in good shape, Morroco will be overpowered by the sheer ability of our troops... The plan of how to take Morroco is being prepared, my Lt. sugest that we take a defensive hold on the city and then sit there and force them to try to retake their own buildings, I strongly Disagree with him, this battle will surely be fought outside the city, as the morrocans are smart, they know that in the city the become a simple target, as they will have no cover. The plan is to draw their troops out by using the carribeeners as targets, while this will involve loosing some troops it should get their troops to group up, from there my Line will obliverate them with a hook formation ex:
    ______________________T this will be the way to a sure victory.

In other news we got ome foriegn troosps, an Irish regiment of Foot troops, they had quite the humor. and cheered the troops and raised spirits in a hurry, they also brought plenty of beer for every one. The Irish troops were about as equally trained as the Line soldiers that were under me, And they provided a much needed toast to victory..I am sure that taking morroco is possible, we can do this....

June 1st 1703

Today we took Morroco, a heroic victory indeed. As I predicted my Caribeeners took heavy lossed but in the long run it was worth it, my LT insisted that we put some units in the city...So I gave him 3 units of Line and the Irish unit, As I expected they virtually camped through the entire battle and my Lt. ended up more embarrased by the lack of action that he debated would not occur...

In other news the Carribeeners did take alot of casualties, but the hook formation that I had prepared udderly obliverated the enemy, then again most of the troops the enemy had were peasants carrying rifles..... most are still carrying rifles, in there death.
    Last edited by penquin11; July 01, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Default Re: For God and Victory: A Spainish AAR

June 3rd 1703

It seems that the city took some damage during the battle, however it wasnt caused by the fighting. Apparently while the troops were waiting in the city they got bored and searched for spoils of war, they found tons of beer and decided to have a "taste" of the beer. Things shortly got out of hand because the Irish Brigade took one drink to many, supposedly two members of the Irish brigade got into a heated argument over which beer in ireland tasted better, shortly following some shots were sent off that hit the beer causing it to catch fire and ultamately damage every building in the city...This delays the invasion of the Barbary states and makes this conquest longer, I personally saw to the wipping of the two stupid drunks who started the argument and then to the 15 mile march of the two units responsible for the drinking of the bear

December 5th 1703
    Well my troops and I took algier, it was a one sided battle that lasted under two hours. The longest part of the battle was when the enemy decided to rout...unfortunetly as the barbary states has more than 1 city we were forced to chase down the troops to disable the possiblity of one reaching tunis and warning it of my large spanish army...

as u can see this was a very 1 sided battle XD, didnt take picts of the battle because they werent epic enough...

WORLD UPDATE AS OF WINTER 1704
    So far Spain has captured Algiers, Tobago, and Morroco. It is making its move towards tunis and Texas. England now owns the 13 colonies but lost 1 colony (virginia) to the Cherokee. The Italian states took over Genoa. Meanwhile the Pirates bug the crap out of the player (penquin11), but penquin recently had a great breakthrough in a naval battle against the pirates in which he was outnumbered 3 boats (2 galleons and 1 sloop) to just 1 (galleon) he won and captured the enemy galleon. Also the French are at war with the Austrians, the Dutch arent at war at all(wusses), and the Ottoman empire is at war with austria and soon to be at war with spain

THE BATTLE OF TUNIS SUMMER 1705

Well the english captured Tripolinia, that leaves Tunis as the Last standing Barbary City, and therefore a battle that will go down in history. Upon arriving with my troops to Tunis two things were clear, the first was that the decision to kill all of the Barbarys troops last battle had been a very intelligent one, as the enemy apparently had only 1 unit of line/gunpowder. The second was that cavalry would be the weapon of choice in this battle. As the Battle Panned out the problems that I had percieved as happening never occured, for instance when my cavalry Crushed theyre flanks instead of pulling back and possibly holding a strategic retreat or even just supplying their flanks with more troops, they just decided to let their flanks fall...In the end it was an easy battle with the lowest amount of causualties that I commanded in my campaign yet..

Last edited by penquin11; July 01, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [ETW AAR] For God and Victory: A Spainish AAR

awesome and interesting AAR, enjoying it very much keep it up

Orko's Avatar Praeses

hmmmm.... Interesting AAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

really good!

Please continue, enjoying your AAR

ugh srry guys but u wont get to see this aar get updated much for the next 3 weeks XD.. Im on a paragliding trip and rarely get internet axcess (that and the comp im using cant even play ETW) Anyways I will update in a while.... I have alot of info to update with on my comp at home, so wen i get home there should be an immediate update

looking forward to it.