Thread: So... mod tools?

Default So... mod tools?

Looks like we still haven't gotten those mod tools that the devs promised us, huh? It seems like we're making good progress even without them, but the one thing I'm dying for is a way to edit the campaign map. I seen that someone posted a tutorial on making minor cities into major ones, so that's pretty cool and a good step. However I want to beable to carve up some of the larger tracks of land into smaller ones... honestly, take Paris and control all of France!? Gah, anyway, looks like it's back under the rock for me... maybe next time I poke out we'll have those tools!

Kyle

Default Re: So... mod tools?

there was some progress at the start of modding, but get strucked at db-files, reskins, startpos.esf and a little mapping. many interessting parts are just locked up and a converter is still missing....
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265

Laetus

thanks for the thread ..........has anyone heard what CA is doing about creating possible tools for the modding community.

Quote Originally Posted by Succelus View Post
    thanks for the thread ..........has anyone heard what CA is doing about creating possible tools for the modding community.
    with the DLC raking in the cash i doubt tools from CA will see the light of day and they will probably hardcoded all the features of modding that we all enjoyed.

I come from China
    Come here to learn

Quote Originally Posted by shi98918 View Post
    I come from China
    Come here to learn
    Where did you get those pics?

This is my work! CHINA -- MOD

I am a person in the workplace

It looks like you'll need to help us too. How did you make those models?

Are those skins or actual new models?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A. View Post
    Are those skins or actual new models?
    Are there models that look like that? I'm not aware of any... even if you removed part of hat by cutting out the alpha layer...

Well, I havent played against or as any Indian infantry, so i wouldnt know if they were just reskins or not. Those Strat Map models are not new though, thats for sure. Looks great btw. I hope they are new models.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

They aren't new models. He cut a away the hats from the company infantry with editing the alpha map I think.

Or did he somehow? .

Is only just re-painting texture mapping. The new texture mapping can also be used but also helped me a lot

thats what i thought.

I'd satisfied enough to have the DB tables explained, but it seems CA is too jealous of its secrets.