Thread: No battles

Default No battles

Ok, I am persistently playing this mod, but i have huge problem, one out of 3 batlles will almost always cause ctd!
    Somethimes it happens just like that, always if I have more than one battle per turn....

[I installed IJV BETA_1_instalation (this one doesn't create desktop shortcut)
    Over it I installed IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_ONE
    And then IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_2b

And now what happens.... If I wanna install that beautifull sound mod - cannot load the game says missing unit card for someone...

What to do...?

Default Re: No battles

Incredibly buggy stuff....
    Such a beautifull mod - my favorite of this time period and sooooo buggy
    I had more ctd-s with IJ than all other mods together

That's bad! I'm sorry for you, but I think I know what the problem might be regarding those CTD's provided that you already have installed all you need. I haven't had any CTD's so far but battles take an eternity to load if I leave the unlimited men on battlefield option activated. For some computers, it's just too much RAM required and they can't handle that. I changed that option and the battles loaded faster. Try that. If you resolve that first, then we'll focus on the soundmod install problem. Does that sound good?

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    That's bad! I'm sorry for you, but I think I know what the problem might be regarding those CTD's provided that you already have installed all you need. I haven't had any CTD's so far but battles take an eternity to load if I leave the unlimited men on battlefield option activated. For some computers, it's just too much RAM required and they can't handle that. I changed that option and the battles loaded faster. Try that. If you resolve that first, then we'll focus on the soundmod install problem. Does that sound good?
    Wait wait Pseudo Romanus, so, you sugest that I remove unlimited men option right? And then to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Edzamon View Post
    Wait wait Pseudo Romanus, so, you sugest that I remove unlimited men option right? And then to try?
    Yep. Though not exactly to remove it because that word somehow implies to delete, what I'm suggesting is to switch them from true to false. Get it?

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Yep. Though not exactly to remove it because that word somehow implies to delete, what I'm suggesting is to switch them from true to false. Get it?
    Yep I did it. I have put the FALSE instead of true.
    I am just surfing the net now. So Ill try it later.

Thanks again, u know you are like my Rome TW teacher

Btw does anyone knows where I can download some free virtual drive?
    As my Icelandic RTW gold (which costed around 50 euros in Reykjavik shops) is getting used up I need to have a safe virtual copy.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

[quote]
    Ok, I am persistently playing this mod, but i have huge problem, one out of 3 batlles will almost always cause ctd!
    Somethimes it happens just like that, always if I have more than one battle per turn....
    PR's comments hold true here, but you can also check this thread for some advice:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267387

[I installed IJV BETA_1_instalation (this one doesn't create desktop shortcut)
    Over it I installed IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_ONE
    And then IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_2b
    You should install IBV3.0 BETA 2 Installation, then the 2b patch.

And now what happens.... If I wanna install that beautifull sound mod - cannot load the game says missing unit card for someone...
    This happens because of the changes made to the edu.txt file, which hasn't been changed in the soundmod installation. I will fix this for the next patch. In the meantime, load the soundmod, then install the 2b patch after that. The soundmod should work then.

Cheers

[QUOTE=julianus heraclius;5482524]

You should install IBV3.0 BETA 2 Installation, then the 2b patch.

Cheers
    What?
    Where is it? that BETA2?

Not in the installation page....

[quote=Edzamon;5483049]
    Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post

What?
    Where is it? that BETA2?

Not in the installation page....
    It is, but here is the link anyway:http://www.filefront.com//IJV30+BETA.../fileinfo.html

[QUOTE=julianus heraclius;5483779]
    Julianus, I am desparate....
    Ok, first at the begining, I played : IJV3.0_BETA_1_Installation
    Ot was so so,
    then I upgraded it to IJV3.0_BETA_-_2_Installatn and added IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_2b
    It was already impossible to play, CTD-s, and when I tried to put new sound mod it crashed on launch.... this never happened with old version I first played... (ok here u told me that i should install IJV3.0_BETA_-_2_Installatn and then soundmod and then IJV3.0_BETA_PATCH_2b
    I did it now (erased all IJ) and installed again, and again stranger things happen, no provincvial campaign, guptas ALWAYS IN BRITAIN and when I tries soundmod ctd again on launch.

I will go mad!!!!!

help me, what to do, should i reverse to some old (stabile) version or what???

Can you give me detailed instructions from scratch (from clean 1.6 rtw and then what to) what to install and what not (so I can have sound mod again and normal game)

So many betas and patches and fixes....I lost my way....
    and yeah, in all of these cases provincial campaign never worked
    Only way to play it was to install it as 355 campaign and only then.....
    Last edited by Edzamon; July 01, 2009 at 01:24 PM.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

You have onli one thing to do:

ERASE ALL!! Some kind of chaos you can't do anything...

Do as i did, delete all and reinstall on a FRESH, UNMODDED Rtw-Bi the BETA 2 plus Patch 2b, don't load any options features but the soundmod/the start movie/the eventually others campaigns.

Provincial campaign doesn't exist, every campaign you want to play you have to load it via options folder, unless you play the default 361 one.
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    You have onli one thing to do:

ERASE ALL!! Some kind of chaos you can't do anything...

Do as i did, delete all and reinstall on a FRESH, UNMODDED Rtw-Bi the BETA 2 plus Patch 2b, don't load any options features but the soundmod/the start movie/the eventually others campaigns.

Provincial campaign doesn't exist, every campaign you want to play you have to load it via options folder, unless you play the default 361 one.
    Thanks Traiano. It always pays to go back to basics.

Reminder, I will fix the soundmod error in the next patch. As I said earlier the problem lies in different edu files between the soundmod install and the 2b patch. If anybody recieves an error when after installing Ihatemonday's soundmod, then just reinstall the 2b patch and it should work then.

Sorry, if this is causing any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Thanks Traiano. It always pays to go back to basics.

Reminder, I will fix the soundmod error in the next patch. As I said earlier the problem lies in different edu files between the soundmod install and the 2b patch. If anybody recieves an error when after installing Ihatemonday's soundmod, then just reinstall the 2b patch and it should work then.

Sorry, if this is causing any confusion.
    Hey it works now (the game) I am playing as Valens for 20 years (in turns of course) and I had only one batle ctd but i reloaded the game and now is alright.
    But the strange thing is .... i instaled soundmod but i am still hearing the vanilla all the time, how come?

Hey it works now (the game) I am playing as Valens for 20 years (in turns of course) and I had only one batle ctd but i reloaded the game and now is alright.
    But the strange thing is .... i instaled soundmod but i am still hearing the vanilla all the time, how come?
    You need to uninstall the vanilla soundmod, then install Ihatemondays soundomd. You should find the uninstall in either the RTW of IJ folder (I can't remember as I am at work and can't check). Let me know how you go, and I'm glad that you have got it to work