Thread: how to edit firing drills

Default how to edit firing drills

I am trying to prevent units from using rank fire, platoon fire and fire and advance(even if the nation has researched it) in favor of mass fire for all units.

By mass fire I mean having the first 3 or 4 ranks (of all if there is LOS) fire at the same time. This is used in the TROM, IS and APE mods for limited units.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Im trying to do the same thing but for a select unit the new us marines I changed everything for the marines in the unit_to_unit_abilities and unit_land whatever removed the rank_fire platoon_fire Improved_platoon_fire i also removed the square formation and fire and advance but in battle they still use this this has me very frustrated....any help would be great

But if you want to remove those from all units in the game you can go into the pack.file/db/unit_class_unit_ability_junctions and delete all the lines with rank_fire or platoon_fire make sure to go into options and uncheck use first row as column header to fully delete it

this will remove it from all units but i was trying to only remove from 1 unit

I think that units could still use these if they have the ability in the file unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables but i think this was the problem i was having when i would remove rank_fire or platoon_fire from a unit the units class still had the abilities im not 100% sure of this yet as i havnt tested it fully but it seems to work with my marines which are elite infantry do not use these firing drills but britains guard infantry still use platoon fire as i didnt remove the ability from them
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 06, 2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Merged double post.