Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellus/Caesar

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellus/Caesar

Boy, do not talk to me about sacrifice. I have lost too many friends in the service of this nation to allow anyone to dismantle it.

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Caesar leaned to Marcellus.

"It seems we have a Senate full of men whose minds are never made up."
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

"I never said return, I said bargain.. We would gain more land with threats and never actually have to sacrifice another man once the Isles and Iberia are taken...

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

"Agreed. I put up an amendment to suit the wishes of the Tribunes, yet now everyone is rambling on about stuff disregarding it."

To bargain is to trade. I would never give a jar of roman soil to Carthage, much less help them in any other way no matter the return.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Senators I think we have a far more important task than this rambling. We need to appoint a proconsul for Sicily.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

"Oh no not to trade... To Nobly take. I have seen too many men die on the field of battle, I shall not sacrifice without cause."

"Aye, who shall be the procounsel then?"

Caesar stood and his lictors banged their fasces for order.

"SILENCE! We will debate ONE matter at a time. Not switch back and forth like Greek assemblies. Let us discuss the matter of Pro-Consuls and nominations."

Caesar was about to sit down but looked up again.

"Should this happen again I will PERSONALLY see that the man responsible is given kicked out of the Senate House."

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Regulus looked at the Consul with an amused expression; what a bad joke.

Furius looks ready to retort, but settles and says

Very well. Who shall go first?

OOC: I think that's the Censor's job .
    IC:

Noticing his new patron's loud voice, Nero quickly stood up and thought of something to say.

"Aye! Our great Consul Caesar is right! If I may say, I think any of the elegible men should present their candidacies at once, so that we can get done with this rather insignificant issue!"

OOC2: I would propose someone but since we are just getting started im not sure who is elegible...

" I do not nominate anyone but shall support the best candidate.."

OOC: What Censor

"If I may I would like to nominate my good friend and fellow Senator Furius for the Pro-Consulate of Sicily. He has just the qualities one needs for such a job. He is a true Roman."

I thankfully accept your nomination and declare my candidacy for Proconsul of Sicily.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Lepidus was astonished that no one had noticed Caesar's lictors in the background

Consul! You dare try to intimidate this body? You bring ARMED MEN into this sacred Curia? How dare you be sold bold! I have half a mind to leave this body until you do! Were I the Censor I would immediately give you a Nota Censora, perhaps even consider stripping you of Patrician rank!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

"A great man, indeed. I shall support him as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Lepidus was astonished that no one had noticed Caesar's lictors in the background

Consul! You dare try to intimidate this body? You bring ARMED MEN into this sacred Curia? How dare you be sold bold! I have half a mind to leave this body until you do! Were I the Censor I would immediately give you a Nota Censora, perhaps even consider stripping you of Patrician rank!
    OOC: They are the Senate guards...doesnt the Senate have some kind of men that they use to call order, I assumed they were lictors.

really? well I nominate my self
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

OOC:- They are his lictors, plus in the real Caesar's consulate he used his lictors to drag Cato uticensis out so it's ok here too.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post

"SIT DOWN! They are armed only with their fasces and it is MY RIGHT to have lictors in the Curia to ensure order Tribune so SIT!"

Caesar waved his hand for debate to continue.