Thread: Supply?

Default Supply?

Hey all I've been a fan of IS but was looking for a bit more and have found this mod to be great! I do have a question though about the supply factor... How do you increase it? is it solely based on taking new territory thus increasing your supply? or does updating your docks have any thing to do with it? Thanks for your responses...

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Supply?

I'm also an IS guy, and I want to know this too.

I'm fine in Europe (Britain...well, England in a three-way war with Scotland and Ireland, plus a counter-revolution instigated by Nobles) But in America (friendly US to south, enemy 13 Colonies to the North), All I have is Maryland and...uh...I don't know. It's the two coastal provinces beneath Philidelphia.

My supply was at -14 or something, and the four units I had ordered said they'd take -1 turn to build. Now it's slowly increasing, but they're still -1. I guess I need to get to a certain point before it'll recruit, but how do I speed it up?>

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Yes - The minimum manpower to recruit is 200.

Alpaca can correct me if I am off on any of this;
    Supply is determined by manpower and manpower comes from your population.

So to increase manpower and supply you must increase your population.

This can be done by fighting food shortages with town upgrades, granting tax breaks, and capturing territory.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Welcome to the colonies where you need to import units from home if you want to wage war. As of now the only way to increase manpower and the supply limit is indeed raising your population (where it's more effective to obtain more provinces than boosting the ones you have)

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Cool.... thanks for the quick replies! And once again great mod! it has renewed my love for this game...

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Just a thought... Is there a way for you mods to make Supply increase due to economic growth? Like surely if you have an epic economy but small pop you could still support a large army.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Just a thought... Is there a way for you mods to make Supply increase due to economic growth? Like surely if you have an epic economy but small pop you could still support a large army.....
    Yeah, we'll revisit the manpower and supply mechanics for the next big version

Correction-100 is the minimum manpower to recruit. I think manpower and supply work real well in this mod. The day before I "discovered" this mod, while playing vanilla ETW, I thought to myself "this game really needs a manpower rule because recruiting all these massive armies really is ahistorical and it messes up the game." In particular I was thinking about the American Indians and how they simply never had the population to field the massive armies relative to the European and colonials that you see in the game. My first APE game as the British saw the American Indians toned down to managable sized armies.

Quote Originally Posted by RCmarine View Post
    Correction-100 is the minimum manpower to recruit. I think manpower and supply work real well in this mod. The day before I "discovered" this mod, while playing vanilla ETW, I thought to myself "this game really needs a manpower rule because recruiting all these massive armies really is ahistorical and it messes up the game." In particular I was thinking about the American Indians and how they simply never had the population to field the massive armies relative to the European and colonials that you see in the game. My first APE game as the British saw the American Indians toned down to managable sized armies.
    Minimum manpower scales with unit size so both are in fact correct. 100 is for medium (this is what is defined in the prefs file) while 200 is for huge.

Not only the American Indians are toned down but all factions in the Americas are - although we'll have to think of something to compensate for the lack of AI naval transportation to the colonies.