Thread: [Special] Imperivm - Lives and emotions inside of a Roman Legion

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default [Special] Imperivm - Lives and emotions inside of a Roman Legion

IMPERIVM - Lives and emotions inside of a Roman Legion

A thank to Ulisse productions and Rai3, for having granted the filming of the video. In collaboration with Legio I Italica, Roma

Romans against Dacians, in Adamclisi i suppose

Last edited by DAVIDE; June 29, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Default Re: [Special] Imperivm - Lives and emotions inside of a Roman Legion

cool isnt it?

I'll watch this when I have further time - but the time frame is Imperial, right?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XI View Post
    I'll watch this when I have further time - but the time frame is Imperial, right?
    Yes. First part of video1, shows you the roman camp (preparation to battle), the second part of video1, is the marching and the battle against barbarii (mutatio included)
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 29, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Well I was only interested in the time frame, for by the looks it has to be Imperial. If it's about Caesar's legions wearing that kind of armour and helmets then I'll give up straight away .
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

it's imperial as u can see by their equipment

Yes, indeed.

I always love to see Legio I Italica in action. They are great professionists. they even participated to HBo Rome

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Yes they acted very well!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.