Thread: Flags

Default Flags

Whats the most we can do with flags ATM?
    Also, I've seen people release battalion flags for individual units in some mods. How do I do this? (I just want to give my Connaught Rangers a proper flag, instead of the union jack)
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Default Re: Flags

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireFan View Post
    Also, I've seen people release battalion flags for individual units in some mods. How do I do this? (I just want to give my Connaught Rangers a proper flag, instead of the union jack)

Battalion flags? what mod is this?

That would be quite an accomplishment if we can have both the national flag and a battalion flag used at the same time in a battle field.

Certain units released with their own flags...(At a glance). Or is it just the national flag units use?

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

It isn't possible to have either different flags for different units or mor than one flag per unit at the moment.

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

there are only 3 types of flags now, National(what you see on the campaign map), Battle(what you see your units holding on the battlefield), naval (what your ships have).

Civis

In the german CTW Mod we got some discussion on that topic, regimental flags are not possible in the moment as long the Flags are restricted to the factions_table in the db, so like burnoutfigs said there are only the nations flag, in battle flag and naval flag possible for a change. Maybe a hint to CA, to change the use-link of the flag to the unit_stats table, so you could form different regiments with different flags, and for the scripters at CA it should be easily be done...

MODMEMBER SKINNING/RESEARCH

---DON'T MENTION THE WAR!---

Actually it may be possible.
    If you opened the equipment diffuse(dont ask me where i found it) You could possibly draw a set flag in. If you could then somehow link this new image with the instruments column in "WarscapeEquipmentThemes" you may be able to do it.
    I know this is very sketchy, but its very hard to write down my exact thoughts.....
    Anyway i'll look into it and try and better "express" myself later

Civis

Well i understand what you think of, I also got an idea I put a thread up at yuku, but at least nobody seems to be interested in that one.

My Intention was like this

- the flags are linked in the factions_table allowing only one flag for all regiments of a nation, but if the in battle flag would be linked up like the other ui_files in the unts_stats_table you should add the regimental flag to every unit you're creating, since we're not able to change the file structure i posted that to yuku adressed to CA, but it doesn't interest anyone there, but for a common CA programmer that would take about 10 minutes at last to change the db so that this will work

MODMEMBER SKINNING/RESEARCH

---DON'T MENTION THE WAR!---

The problem of putting the flag into the units stats is, that you don't have all unit variants in that table. You would need one line for every unit of every faction than....

It would be better to give modders the opportunity to make new flag bearers, that can carry a fixed flag. This way CA wouldn't have to bother about making tons of entries in the unit_stats and modders can give regimental flags if they like.
    Another possibility would be to add a row to unit stats, where you can put in the standard flag or enter a path to a regimental flag...
    Bladerunner
    Koeniglich Preussische Marine
    Sealords Virtual Fleets

Sealords Minimod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274322
    Sealords Total War Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246265

Well we cant do much regarding adding columns untill the pack file manager is updated. Im still going to look into it....

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

what about making battle flags bigger?
    --------------Arengada--------------

Quote Originally Posted by Almogaver View Post
    what about making battle flags bigger?
    I would like to see fort flags bigger actually

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpuppy View Post
    I would like to see fort flags bigger actually
    well it'd be great to use fort flags in units because right now the flags seen in battle are way too small (especially if you're using the Realistic Flag set which makes them square and they look even smaller...)
    --------------Arengada--------------

ThePinkNinja's Avatar Foederatus

Would it be possible to replace the drummer with another standard bearer and have drummers as the soldiers in the unit? Then we have 2 flags, 1 officer, and a marching band to raise morale!

That has already been made.

Of course I can't find the link to the drummer mod now, but you can find it in the below thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258287

Land Battalion flags Change- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...35#post4903535
    Naval Flags Changed- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244419
    Obviously it can be done. . . But how? ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ross View Post
    Land Battalion flags Change- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...35#post4903535
    Naval Flags Changed- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244419
    Obviously it can be done. . . But how? ? ? ? ?
    Changing the default flag to something else is easy.

It's adding two flags and then telling to the game to use flag A and flag B is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpuppy View Post
    Changing the default flag to something else is easy.

It's adding two flags and then telling to the game to use flag A and flag B is the problem.
    Imagine the rep you'd get for finding that one out

cant wait for modding tools