Thread: BB 2.2 questions

Civis

Default BB 2.2 questions

I have a couple questions that seem particular to BB 2.2. I am playing England vh/vh all script on.

First why do some cities with stone walls allow me to have more free upkeep units. For example, Paris has 6 spear militia and 4 archer militia all free upkeep along with 2 more spear militia that are costing me. Yet in York I can only have 6 free upkeep. There is a variable here that I am not aware of and since there is no handbook for me to find this out...

Second why do some recruitment pools start off at max when the building is created. Normally they start out at zero correct and then start "refreshing". For example when I upgraded Angers infantry building to drill square my mailed knights were insta 3 available to recruit at max pool, yet my seargent swordsmen and seargent spearmen were not. I am no where near my over all recruitment pool max. Which currently is at like 550-600 and I'm only using 400'ish. Heck other than the first 25 or so turns I've been no where near my max.

Thanks for your time and its very much appreciated .

Morty

Default Re: BB 2.2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I have a couple questions that seem particular to BB 2.2. I am playing England vh/vh all script on.

First why do some cities with stone walls allow me to have more free upkeep units. For example, Paris has 6 spear militia and 4 archer militia all free upkeep along with 2 more spear militia that are costing me. Yet in York I can only have 6 free upkeep. There is a variable here that I am not aware of and since there is no handbook for me to find this out...

Second why do some recruitment pools start off at max when the building is created. Normally they start out at zero correct and then start "refreshing". For example when I upgraded Angers infantry building to drill square my mailed knights were insta 3 available to recruit at max pool, yet my seargent swordsmen and seargent spearmen were not. I am no where near my over all recruitment pool max. Which currently is at like 550-600 and I'm only using 400'ish. Heck other than the first 25 or so turns I've been no where near my max.

Thanks for your time and its very much appreciated .

Morty
    free_upkeep bonus 5
    free_upkeep bonus 15 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    population_growth_bonus bonus -1
    happiness_bonus bonus -2
    law_bonus bonus -2

ant then again

free_upkeep bonus 5
    free_upkeep bonus 15 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruitment_slots 3
    recruitment_slots 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruits_exp_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1

Will fix it when I have time.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: BB 2.2 questions

Whoops.... did I do it twice somewhere?

EDIT: Yup, that's a mistake...

Sorry I've not been paying much attention recently, I only noticed this thread due to Grimblade's helpful reply. Thanks for the feedback Morty
    Last edited by Taiji; July 10, 2009 at 06:50 AM.