Thread: missing tga

Default missing tga

Running RTR Platinum 1.9 with retail Rome TW (not gold or platinum) 1.5, got this message today when I entered a battle:

failed to find texture data/RTR/models_unit/texture/wspite_horse_heavy_crest_mockup.tga

Any reason why I wouldn't have this texture? Seems kind of unique because I did a google search and it only yielded one website but it was in Russian.

Default Re: missing tga

Are you sure you don`t have any mini mod/add-on installed on top of rtrpe? There`s no such texture in vanilla rtrpe afaik. What units were involved btw?

from the addons pack im using:

vanilla grass
    sinuhet's ai battle formations
    no torches for night battles

the units in the fight are just royal family cavalry(general's bodyguard?) and horse archers

just to see what would happen I copied a greek cavalry tga and renamed it to the one I was missing, tried to go back into battle again and this time it says it's missing horse_heavy_julii.tga, I'm confused.

I don`t have it installed so I can`t check. My impression is that something is wrong with the ownership or something similar between the EDU and DMB which makes for the odd error messages. Still, this would have been noticed before if it would have been present in vanilla RTRPE so my guess is that there`s something wrong with your installation. Either you`ve used the non modfodlered version and another mod in the same game folder or changed something to a text file... or some thing like that.