Page 8 of 406 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Looks awesome...

One question... Why do all the cities and towns in these pictures all have the utterly pissed off warning sign?

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Because the map is in development. I'm pretty sure there are no garrisons or proper religion/culture percentages for those regions. The team is probably trying to get a completely functional map with ground types, heights, and regions added in before getting to the particulars of such.

Here's Azshara, Winterspring, Stone Talon Mountains and a few islands:

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Just a bit of advice from someone who has been mapping for a while. You might want to try not to have so many right angles once you get to trying to smooth out your coasts. The right angles will cause them to look blocky. But great job though, like the progress.

Can I suggest making most of darnassus forest. It is the site of the new (failed) world tree?

yes, but that world tree hasnt started growing yet, and i remember walking around in teldrassil, most of it is forest, but not all of it.

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Cant wait for this mod guys keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dileos View Post
    Cant wait for this mod guys keep up the good work!
    thanks for the support, these comments are like bumps... our lifeline!

Nice progres guys +rep to both

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Maybe I could add too a sugestion. Please if you are going to make Theramore a starting faction, then make it so they have a very underdeveloped region only in Theramore (not the marshes and such in front of it) so that it may sound more balanced as if they had just arrived there at the start of the mod (I know it isn't very lorewise because they go first to Stonetalon Peak, but I think it's a nice idea. As for Darnassus, you could make the island all surrounded by mountains, only with a little opening in the south to board/unboard ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoson View Post
    Maybe I could add too a sugestion. Please if you are going to make Theramore a starting faction, then make it so they have a very underdeveloped region only in Theramore (not the marshes and such in front of it) so that it may sound more balanced as if they had just arrived there at the start of the mod (I know it isn't very lorewise because they go first to Stonetalon Peak, but I think it's a nice idea. As for Darnassus, you could make the island all surrounded by mountains, only with a little opening in the south to board/unboard ships.
    we might be able to do that, good suggestion.

p.s. dont worry, WTW is not dead yet, so we're still working on it, it will come

INTRODUCING MY BEST UNIT YET....

the HUMAN GENERAL

Attachment 51789

Attachment 51790

Attachment 51791

Attachment 51792

this general is wearing the WoW lvl 60 Grand Marshal plate or lamellar (i forget ) armor.

(the shoulders were really hard to make, and trust me, this would look better then the shoulders i made )

this was easy but tedious (it took me a day to make).

everything you see here is either made by CA or by me.

WE WANT TAURENS! WE WANT TAURENS

I dont want to play a game without tauren kingdoms

Nice model MommaG

-sfanky,

YOU LIKE TAURENS!

Taurens are going to be part of the horde faction in WTW.

I agree that for the generals the armour and weapons perhaps should be "wowish like" but for the normal units I think that normal weaponry should do, like the stormwind footman for example, that armor is quite good, and for militia-level a simple chainmail would do as well, I guess the only units that are ok to put "epiclike armor" are really the heroes/generals/very high ranking units. Otherwise it would give a sense of "uber elite pvp fanatics" rather than a total war army xD.

thank you, thank you (dont forget to rep me)

heres the building planner that me and HappyCrusader made for Lordaeron.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

VILLAGE
    Land Clearance (increase population growth due to food)
    TOWN
    wooden palisade (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +10%, +2 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1)
    militia watch (axe militia: 4)
    small church of the holy light (priest:1, total converstion bonus +1, public order due to religion: +5%)
    leather tanner (upgrade available: Leather)
    brothel (rouge: 1, public order due to happiness: +5%)
    communal farming (increase population growth due to food)
    dirt roads (increase in trading income and movement points)
    market (increase in trading income, merchent: 1)
    LARGE TOWN
    wooden wall (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +10%, +2 free upkeep, recruitment spot +2)
    militia barracks (axe milita: 6, spear militia: 4)
    curch of the holy light (priest:1, priests of the holy light: 1, total converstion bonus +2, public order due to religion: +5%)
    blacksmith (upgrade available: chain mail)
    tavern (rouge: 2, public order due to happiness: +5%)
    farmsteads (increase population growth due to food)
    market plaza (increase in trading income, merchent: 1)
    town hall (public order due to order: 5%, public order due to law: +5%, diplomat: 1)
    MINOR CITY
    stone wall (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +10%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1)
    city watch (axe militia: 6 (+1 experiance), spear militia: 6, archer militia: 4, public order due to security: +5%)
    large church of the holy light (priest: 1, priests of the holy light: 2, total conversion bonus +3, public order due to religion: +5%)
    master blacksmith (upgrade available: iron plate)
    city tavern (rouge: 2, assassin: 1, public order due to happiness: +5%)
    large farmsteads (increase population growth due to food)
    market district (increase in trading income, merchent: 1)
    city hall (public order due to order: +10%, public order due to law: +10%, diplomat: 2)
    stone roads (increase trading income and movement points)
    arcane school (kirin tor mages: 1)
    LARGE CITY
    large stone wall (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +10%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1)
    city guard (axe militia: 6 (+2 experiance), spear miltia: 6 (+1 experiance), archer militia: 6, pikemen: 4, public order due to security: +5%)
    cathedral of the holy light (priest: 1, priests of the holy light: 3, total conversion bonus +4, public order due to religion: +5%)
    industrial factory (upgrade available: steel plate)
    large tavern (rouge: 3, assassin: 2, public order due to happiness: +5%)
    irragation (increase population growth due to food)
    market quater (increase in trading income, merchent: 1)
    hall of menethil (public order due to order: +15%, public order due to law: +15, diplomat: 3)
    king's road (increase trading income and movement points)
    ballista towers (upgrade towers to ballistas)
    arcane collage (kirin tor mages: 2)
    HUGE CITY
    huge stone wall (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +15%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1)
    royal city guard (axe militia: 6 (+3 experiance), spear militia: 6 (+2 experiance), archer militia: 6 (+1 experiance), pikemen: 6, lordaeron royal guards: 4 public order due to security: +10%)
    huge cathedral of the holy light (priest: 1, priests of the holy light: 4, total conversion bonus +5, public order due to religion: +10%)
    huge industrial factory (upgrade available: mithril plate)
    pleasure palace (rouge: 4, assassin: 2, public order due to happiness: +10%)
    irragation farmsteads (increase population growth due to food)
    market palaces (increase in trading income, merchent: 1)
    royal house of menethil (public order due to order: +20%, public order due to law: +15% diplomat: 4)
    cannon towers (upgrade towers to cannons)
    arcane university (kirin tor mages: 3)
    MOTTE & BAILEY
    motte & bailey (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +5%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot+1, mounted seargents: 4)
    drafting hall (peasents: 4, public order due to security: +5%)
    land clearance (increase population growth due to food)
    WOODEN CASTLE
    wooden castle (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +10% ,+1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +2, mounted seargents: 6)
    garrison quarters (peasents: 6, lordaeron seargents: 4, public order due to security: +10%)
    leather tanner (upgrade available: leather)
    bowyer (archer militia: 4)
    stables (lordamere horsemen: 4, mounted seargents: 6)
    small chapel of the holy light (priest:1, priests of the holy light: 1, conversion bonus +1, public order due to religion +5%)
    communal farming (increase population growth due to food)
    STONE CASTLE
    stone castle (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +15%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1, mounted seargents: 6)
    drill square (peasents: 6 (+1 XP), lordaeron seargents: 6, footmen: 4, public order due to security: +15%)
    blacksmith (upgrade available: chain mail)
    pratice range (archer militia: 6, lordamere crossbowmen: 4)
    knight's stables (lordamere horsemen: 6, mounted seargents: 6 (+1 XP), knights of lordaeron: 4)
    chapel of the holy light (priest:1, priests of the holy light: 2, conversion bonus +2, public order due to religion +5%)
    farmsteads (increase population growth due to food)
    arcane school (kirin tor mages: 1)
    FORTRESS
    fortress (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +20%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1, mounted seargents: 6)
    barracks (peasents: 6 (+2 XP), lordaeron seargents: 6 (+1 XP), footmen: 6, dismounted paladins: 4, public order due to security: +20%)
    master blacksmith (upgrade available: iron plate)
    archer range (archer militia: 6 (+1 XP), lordaeron crossbowmen: 6, lordamere archers: 4)
    lord's stables (lordamere horsemen: 6 (+1 XP), mounted seargents (+2 XP), knights of lordaeron: 6, mounted paladins: 4)
    large chapel of the holy light (priest:1, priests of the holy light: 3, conversion bonus +3, public order due to religion: +5%)
    large farmsteads (increase population growth due to food)
    arcane collage (kirin tor mages: 2)
    CITADEL
    citadel (extra wall defenses, public order due to security: +25%, +1 free upkeep, recruitment spot +1, mounted seargents: 6)
    armoury (peasents: 6 (+3 XP), lordaeron seargents: 6 (+2 XP), footmen: 6 (+1 XP), dismounted paladins: 6, paladins of the silver hand: 3, public order due to security: +25%)
    industrial factory (upgrade available: steel plate)
    huge industrial factory (upgrade available: mithril plate)
    marksmen range (archer militia: 6 (+2 XP), lordaeron crossbowmen: 6 (+1 XP), lordamere archers: 6)
    king's stables (lordamere horsemen: 6 (+2 XP), mounted seargents (+3 XP), knights of lordaeron: 6 (+1 XP), mounted paladins: 6)
    irregation (increase population growth due to food)
    arcane university (kirin tor mages: 3)
    ballista towers (upgrade towers to ballistas)
    cannon towers (upgrade towers to cannons)

That is good, altough it seems too much medieval 2. We could change the map a bit I think and include more regions. In Lordaeron for example there are very few, and if lordamere horsemen are recruited only from castles and they come from the shores of lordamere lake and the capital is a city (you will not make it a castle right? o_O it's a capital city xD). Then I think it would only be good if there were a smaller province with a castle near the capital city (representing a fort of sorts) in which they could be trained. I don't know... it would add more imersion to the game and it would be lorewise. And things like that fort near stormwind.. I don't know it's name, it could be added too, that way we could have cities and then castles near each other, facilitating recruitment and retraining. I think the best mod in which you could base your ideas is Third Age Total War.

That is good, altough it seems too much medieval 2. We could change the map a bit I think and include more regions. In Lordaeron for example there are very few, and if lordamere horsemen are recruited only from castles and they come from the shores of lordamere lake and the capital is a city (you will not make it a castle right? o_O it's a capital city xD). Then I think it would only be good if there were a smaller province with a castle near the capital city (representing a fort of sorts) in which they could be trained. I don't know... it would add more imersion to the game and it would be lorewise. And things like that fort near stormwind.. I don't know it's name, it could be added too, that way we could have cities and then castles near each other, facilitating recruitment and retraining. I think the best mod in which you could base your ideas is Third Age Total War.
    What map are you looking at? Because the one that I'm making will have Lordaeron start the campaign with 11 regions (4 castles and 7 cities).

thats a good idea, but there will be too many cities and castles and it would cause lordaeron to be overpowered

Time to face the true. As far as I saw the progress, I think faster I`ll tell you this, more changes will come. Kalimdor map is... too big guys. Bigger does not allways means better. And ashenvale for example... it doesn`t looks even close to the one from Warcraft. I know taht you`ll harras me now, but someone had to say it. I kile the idea of this mod, and I want to help, not to fight. Here http://mapwow.com/ you have coplete map of warcraft world. Use it.. and make your map looks better. Also you should use wowwiki for units models and lore. Thats all from me. Thank you.