Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

I see that 2h weapons with trolls is a bit problematic due to their posture But its inevitable I guess.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    I see that 2h weapons with trolls is a bit problematic due to their posture But its inevitable I guess.
    It is unfortunately, there was an option to let them use one-hand animations as that would not look odd - but Bantu insisted on the trolls using two-handed weapons in lore and so would not have it any other way. I guess we just have to accept that the weapons sometimes go through the head.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

I have sent my update to Mr_Nygren; tell me if the script works in your version!

Also i have noticed something: In the EDU there are many unts that have the argent dawn banner, mostly elven cavalry; it's a mistake or it is intentional?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    I have sent my update to Mr_Nygren; tell me if the script works in your version!

Also i have noticed something: In the EDU there are many unts that have the argent dawn banner, mostly elven cavalry; it's a mistake or it is intentional?.
    Thanks for the update.

It's not intentional obviously.

But when i implement units i do copy existing entries in the EDU - so banners and voices could get messed up.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I might try writing unit and building descriptions if you guys need it? Although my English is not perfect I got a lot of free time.

Centenarius

I have finished doing the Legion unit cards, can i do Khaz'Modan next?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    I have finished doing the Legion unit cards, can i do Khaz'Modan next?.
    Yeah, do anyone you like to do =), Bantu is kinda tired and i am happy if i don't have to.

Gonna add your stuff soon btw, and have added the two dragons (one is a drake, working), Huntress tiger retexture (looking great), Nerubian Dark Seer (working), Silithid Behemoth (bigger colossus, and working fine), the Kodo Riders (riders looking good and are placed correctly - Kodo has texture issues), Wyvern Riders (has texture issues but rider looks good) and bat riders (rider looks good but mount has issues.) Bantu solved the same issues for the Dragon and Drake so it should be fixed in time. - Bantu decided to add a retextured Hyrule Bear for now.

- Only the fixes and the Frost Wyrms for the Scourge remaining.

I haven't managed to balance the Scourge yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-11-12 21-49-26-774.jpg   kingdoms 2017-11-14 19-08-26-637.jpg   kingdoms 2017-11-14 19-08-45-015.jpg   kingdoms 2017-11-14 19-08-54-142.jpg   kingdoms 2017-11-19 08-27-16-118.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-11-19 08-27-19-548.jpg   kingdoms_2017-07-10_01-36-48-098.jpg   kingdoms_2017-08-06_09-20-07-390.jpg   kingdoms_2017-07-10_01-34-29-184.jpg   kingdoms_2017-07-10_01-38-02-978.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 19, 2017 at 02:49 PM.

- The Havamal

I have recorded two videos that i will upload to my Youtube channel and link to here.

- The first one will show a battle between the Kingdom of Stormwind and the Kingdom of Lordaeron - and they have been balanced but it's not final. They do also have new units not in the demo, but remember that the humans and the Scourge are the least worked on since the demo.

The second video that will be posted soon will show a battle between the now balanced Kingdom of Stromgarde (made stronger since the first video, as the humans were too weak) and the Dark Horde - the Dark Horde has the old orcs and Heacy Ogres but they have been re-sized plus the Heavy Ogres are now "Half-Ogres":

- New trolls, new ogres, drakes and dragons.

It will be a pretty cool battle and will do as preview for now. I will probably finish the Scourge during the week and be able to play the Theramore faction VS the Horde, and the Scarlet Crusade VS the Scourge next weekend, as i need to be home to be able to use the gaming computer as it has superior graphics used when recording.

The Kingdom of Lordaeron VS the Kingdom of Stormwind - previewing the new units for these two rosters, and they had also been balanced even though i edited them again later to make them stronger against the other factions.

- The Havamal

I won't have any good internet for about a week.

Here it is:

The Kingdom of Stromgarde is fighting the Dark Horde - a preview of the new rosters. Both factions have been balanced, even though changes could always be made until the release.

- The Havamal

I did not leave home yesterday after all.. So here is the new video, and unfortunately i will need to balance the Scourge before previewing them and the Scarlet Crusade - so Theramore VS the Horde will have to do for now.

- I do also want the Frost Wyrm before i do a video with the Scourge, but we have trouble with the Dark Horde Red Dragon as it won't attack in melee - so this will need to be fixed first.

"The Kingdom of Theramore VS The Horde - preview of the new rosters! Both factions have been balanced but changes could always be made due to some strong units tipping the balance.- My gaming computer has started to silence the music randomly so i aplogize for bad sound."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 20, 2017 at 08:47 PM.

- The Havamal

Awesome.

The videos are great I must say, Bantu is doing an awesome work with those new units, as well as reworking the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    The videos are great I must say, Bantu is doing an awesome work with those new units, as well as reworking the old ones.
    Hehe yes, and i have managed to fix the dragons so that they now attack in melee (they actually did nothing in melee after the initial collision, in which they took down some units - and just attracted enemies that could not hurt them because of their high health. They did have ranged, or at least the big Red Dragons had ranged - but they prefered to go into melee where they did nothing) as well as from a range. The trick was making them elephants instead of horses and changing lines in the EDU. This has resulted in them only being three instead of eleven but that is actually good in case we would otherwise risk reaching the polygon limit against others when many great polygon units are used.

- The Drake Riders are melee, and the dragons work like the Dragonhawk mounts killing enemies in the initial colission, and this can be used by a player manually to cause real dmg - after wich the rider starts cuting down enemies.

Previously the rider could not attack at all, and this was solved by removing the lines for the Dragon to attack as a horse, wich it couldn't. We tried making it into an elephant but the riders would disappear. The solution was that the rider attacks in melee, and the dragon does dmg through the collision with the enemy - and no ranged attack for the Drakes.

Yeah, his work on the units is always great. Riging a unit downloaded from WC3Underground still is a lot of work and takes many hours.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 21, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

- The Havamal

Looking at the four rosters of WC3 this is my thoughts:

Scourge:

Building Necropolis: Unit Acolyte - Exists but could be remade in a later release.

Building Crypt: Units Ghoul, Crypt Fiend and Gargoyle - Gargoyle is missing and could be added as the Scourge's first small flying unit, it looks kinda like the Qiraji ranged flyers.

Building Slaughter House: Units Abominations, Meat Wagon & Obsidian Statue - Abomination could be remade in a later release, the others seems hard and unnecessary.

Building Temple of the Damned: Units Necromancers and Banshees - Exists but could be remade later in a later release.

Building Sacrificial Pit: Unit Shade - is not necessary as it's a spy, could be represented on the strat-map as a Scourge spy.

Building Boneyard: Unit Frost Wyrm - just got it, but it is not based on WotLK but is an older model like the rest of the roster minus the Quilboars and Liches.

Heroes: Dreadlords, Liches, Death Knights & Crypt Lords - All exists but the Crypt Lords.. We could make a retexture of the Nerubian Underkings and add as Scourge Crypt Lords.

Summoned units: Infernal, Skeleton Warrior, Skeletal mage and Carrion Beetle - Dreadlords and Infernals are Burning legion units, Skeleton Warriors exists but could be remade later (at least the old ones), skeletal Mages are lacking and i have a gorgeous such model if Bantu have time to implement it later - Carrion Beetles could probably be added if the Crypt Lord retexture is made.

That's the Scourge

We could probably remove some undead skeletons in favour of new units based on the official Scourge roster too.

Humans:

Building Town Hall: Units Peasant & Militia - as peasants are turned into militia when Humans are under attack there are no need for the peasants. Militia are well represented. Hopefully WarcraftHero will create retextures for the different human factions.

Building Barracks: Units Footmen, Riflemen & Knights - i will add Dwarven Riflemen to all the humans but the Scarlets. The rest are represented.

Building Arcane Sanctum: Units Elven Priests, Sorceresses and Spellbreakers - Humans have their own priests, and the spellbreakers are what the Elves are known for - hence they should be Quel'Thalas & Blood Elves only - Sorceresses will be added to Lordaeron to represent the Alliance of Lordaeron. - Humans in WC3 are basically Lordaeron.

Building Workshop: Units Flying Machine, Mortar Team, and Siege Engine - I will add the Dwarven Mortars, gyrocopters with dwarven miner crew and Steamtanks to all the humans but the Scarlet Crusade to represent the siege engines and flying machines. - Gyrocopters will need to be implemented.

Building Gryphon Aviary: Units Stormhammerer Gryphons and Dragonhawk Riders. - I will add the Stormhammerers to Lordaeron and possibly Theramore, as the Dwarves sent them to Lordaeron during WC3 - Dragonhawk Riders could use ranged as they are supposed to be both melee and ranged. - Will probably add one such unit to Lordaeron only.

- In the campaign all the non humans would be regional recruitment units so not common to recruit unless you control such territories. But they could start with one such unit in their armies as well as have them in custom battles to represent the alliance of Lordaeron - also, they could be available as mercs in their homelands or Theramore in the case of it's non-human units.

Summons: Units Human Water Elementals, and Elven Phoenix - I think Water Elementals and archmagi should be combined like that troll unit Bantu made. We just need a retexture of that elemental and replace the troll casters with archmagi. About the phoenix it could be used by the Elves?

Heroes: Paladin, Archmagi, Mountain King & Blood Mage - i have an awesome Dwarven King model if Bantu wants to add it for the Dwarves - otherwise all are represented even though the Dwarven and Elven Heroes would not be in the human rosters.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 22, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

- The Havamal

Horde:

Building Great Hall: Unit Peons - represented.

Building Barracks: Units Grunts, Darkspear Headhunters, Darkspear Berserkers, Demolisher siege engine/tank. - Grunts and Headhunters are well represented and we could probably add a Darkspear Berserker melee unit in a later release. The siege engines might be troublesome i guess so probably not.

Building Spirit Lodge: Units Orc Shamans, Darkspear/Gurubashi Witch Doctors & Spirit Walkers. - Like the Shade the Spirit Walker is a spy that could be used as strat-map model for the spies of the Horde, the Gurubashi Witch Doctor still hasn't been remade and we currently have a retexture of the Farraki Witch Doctor - could probably be replaced in a later release and we could probably add this Witch Doctor retexture to the Horde now but it doesn't fit well with the colors of the others, so i guess not - Orc Shaman is well represented.

Building Beastiary: Units Orc Raider on wolfs, Kodo Beasts, Wind Riders on Wyverns and Bat Riders - all are well represented.

Building Tauren Totems: Unit Tauren Warriors. - Well represented.

Summons: Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf & Shadow Wolf. - I think we could use Wolfs as an animal handler unit or as a melee unit. - Using the Wolfs the riders are using. The spirit Wolfs are not needed. May not be in the coming release though.

Heroes: Blademaster, Far Seer, Tauren Chieftain and Shadow Hunters. - The last two are well represented by the Thunderhooves and Shadow Hunters in the mod, but we could probably add Blademasters and Far Seers which are Orc Mounted Casters on wolfs. Blademasters are planed to be based on the BotET Goblin Fanatics in a later release.

Night Elves:

Tree of Life: Units Wisps - Could probably be added as a very basic melee infantry unit in a later release? Faeries in Hyrule has a proper unit to base them on.

Ancient of War: Units Archer, Huntress and Glaive Thrower - All but the siege are well represented - i don't think the siege engine is needed as we already have BotET engines for them.

Ancient of Lore: Units Dryad, Druid of the Claw & Mountain Giant - Dryads are lacking, the others are represented. - Centigors in BotET would be a good base for the Dryads and they could be added in a later release probably.

Ancient of the Wind: Units Hippogryph, Druids of the Talon & Faerie Dragon - Hippogryph is lacking, the others are represented - could be added in a later release.

Building Chimaera Roost: Unit Chimaera (kinda like a dragon) - Is lacking and i think it would be cool - could be added in a later release.

Summons: Treant, Owl Scout, Avatar of Vengeance & Spirit of Vengeance - Treant is represented, and the Owl Scout could be the strat-map spy of the Night Elves. Spirits aren't needed nor Avatars.

Bonus unit: Hippogryph Rider - Could be easily added after the Hippogryph itself has been made - as it is using an NE Archer as the rider which is already in the mod.

Heroes: Demon Hunter, Keeper of the Groove, Priestess of the Moon and warden - the last two are represented and at least the Demon Hunters should be added i think.

Plus Ancients of the Groove could be a unit, based on the HTW Biggoron older model.

- The Havamal

I've recently added Wretched textures for all the Elven units, created by WarcraftHero - to the rebels, added some of them to the Forsaken as they had only half a roster, added the dwarven and elven units written about earlier to the respective human factions (Riflemen and mortars to everyone but the Scarlet Crusade, Stormhammerer Gryphon Riders to Theramore, Lordaeron and Stromgarde, Steam Tanks to Lordaeron, Theramore and Stormwind, Elven Sorceresses to Lordaeron and no Gyrocopters or Dragonhawk Riders yet.

- I still need to implement the Gyrocopters, unless WarcraftHero does - and Dragonhawks will be added soon to Lordaeron.

I've also removed ownerships from the EDU for alot of unwanted units that showed up in "All".

- I've balanced the entire Scourge roster and automatically half of the Forsakens.

- Scourge Frost Wyrm implemented, and while it isn't bad and is as big as the Red Dragons - it still isn't of the same quality. I can't understand why Bantu would choose an outdated model over a better one - even if most of the roster has the outdated models.. Kinda ruinded it's badassery because the model is blurry.

Probably done more, and since before the Nerubians have gotten the same size of a roster as Ahn'Qiraj - ending at ten units.

Unfortunately not enough time for me to play a battle and upload so the video will have to wait.

- The Havamal

What about mercenaries such as trolls, ogres etc. ? Lorewise they dont make much sense.

What about mercenaries such as trolls, ogres etc. ? Lorewise they dont make much sense.
    What do you mean?

Mercs are not a priority and Dark Horde has Ogres, both the horde factions have trolls - and there are four troll factions.

Lorewise? They make much sense gamewise - in Warcraft 2 the Dark Horde used Ogres etc.

- The Havamal

Wc3&FT has Mercenary camps where you could recruit such creatures. Arthas recruited trolls, ogres and goblins in Northrend when his troops where recalled. But lorewise its a little weird, I mean Lordaeron or Elves recruiting forest trolls? Thats seems dishonorable for those trolls.

Wc3&FT has Mercenary camps where you could recruit such creatures. Arthas recruited trolls, ogres and goblins in Northrend when his troops where recalled. But lorewise its a little weird, I mean Lordaeron or Elves recruiting forest trolls? Thats seems dishonorable for those trolls.
    I see - we plan to add rebels of the already existing units in the next release yes, but mercs will probably have to wait. Some regional recruitment units will be in the mod.

Btw, new video:

The Scourge is fighting the Scarlet Crusade - Preview of the rosters and new units.- In a previous battle the other side won, with 90 percent losses on both sides - the human side losing because of them routing.- In this fight i did add lock_morale to all the Paladins and elite unique Scarlet Crusade troops - maybe it wen't a little over the top? It's an epic and pretty equal battle at first - but the official version will not have lock morale for all the human elites.

- The Havamal