Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

Once we get the cavalries done Dark Irons will win more fights. Speaking of which, i could add molten giants to dark irons as elephants but we got the texture problem with the mounts. DI will have one light and one heavy cavalry too.
    Khaz Modan will get gryphons and rams as mounts while Dark Iron will have light and heavy rams.

We need to think how to balance it out because AI DI will lose while a DI player that fights the battles will win the melee fights easy.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Once we get the cavalries done Dark Irons will win more fights. Speaking of which, i could add molten giants to dark irons as elephants but we got the texture problem with the mounts. DI will have one light and one heavy cavalry too.
    Khaz Modan will get gryphons and rams as mounts while Dark Iron will have light and heavy rams.

We need to think how to balance it out because AI DI will lose while a DI player that fights the battles will win the melee fights easy.
    If i get the meshes maybe Whiff will help us fix the mount textures?

Or you could write to WhiffOfGrapeshot about how to fix them.

Yeah, i don't think it can be balanced for the ai if they only have infantry.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I have gotten five additional Khaz'Modan Dwarves from bantu, so they now have 11 new Dwarven units and more than a row of old siege engines from Warhammer. The dwarves are Warcraft-dwarves but with plate-armour from Warhammer i believe. I haven't implemented them yet though - pretty much only cavalry remaining for both Dwarven factions i believe.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Is the old dwarf rifleman of some use anymore? Looks interesting but doesnt fit with the roster anymore.

I made a Wildhammer Ranger and finishing a Wildhammer Gryphon Rider. Can we use the gryphon from the human factions? Are the humans going to have a dwarf gryphon rider too?

Is the old dwarf rifleman of some use anymore? Looks interesting but doesnt fit with the roster anymore.

I made a Wildhammer Ranger and finishing a Wildhammer Gryphon Rider. Can we use the gryphon from the human factions? Are the humans going to have a dwarf gryphon rider too?
    I would have prefered to replace the Warhammer Gryphon completely if that would be possible?

The humans would use a Paladin on a Gryphon - we could use the animation that gryphon uses no?

As for the old Dwarven Riflemen it looked good were it not for glitched legs and the fact it was standing in the air.

- The Havamal

I preffer a flying gryphon. I noticed weeks ago you fixed the Couatl but i dont know what you did other than a changed animation.

I preffer a flying gryphon. I noticed weeks ago you fixed the Couatl but i dont know what you did other than a changed animation.
    I just did the normal maping, WhiffOfGrapeshot fixed it.

- The Havamal

I've just gotten the final three units for Khaz'Modan - but due to the campaign crashing in GoT i will need to focus on it for awhile longer. It seems something is breaking the campaign after adding alot of new basic units. Hopefully i can solve this without needing to go back to a far too outdated version. The update at MODDB is basically just the january/decembre changes plus some small UI-changes from may.

A huge amount of work has been added from june and onwards by VltimaRatio - so it's alot to re-add if i can't fix the annoying CTD.

- The Havamal

Bantu Chieftain has just finished the Khaz'Modan faction - i've just gotten the general and a shaman.

It seems he has an awesome "never thought of"-idea regarding Druids. Will be interesting to see if it works in in the game. It would seem the Night Elves could be next, as Eoghan hasn't written since may 26th.

- The Havamal

Ill just make the druid to test out what i want it to do.
    Trolls are easy and Burning Legion should get more demons instead of 8 orc units. I made a Wrathguard, Doomguard and Eredar Schemer.
    Elves lack lots of units and nerubians have only one.

Ill leave the night elves at the end then.

Centenarius

Thank you for your work Bantu So at this point the individual heroes models will be done at the very end, right?. "A never thought idea for Druids", interesting.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Ill just make the druid to test out what i want it to do.
    Trolls are easy and Burning Legion should get more demons instead of 8 orc units. I made a Wrathguard, Doomguard and Eredar Schemer.
    Elves lack lots of units and nerubians have only one.

Ill leave the night elves at the end then.
    Cool.

I agree completely - a shame i don't know exactly where the list for the Burning Legion-roster is located. Probably posted in may, as it had a very good idea with less Orcs from Eoghan.

The Elves and Nerubians would be great - as like i wrote we don't know if Eoghan may come back with his Night Elves.

I think in particular the Nerubians are most important together with the Demons as they require more skill. The other units are easier - especially the trolls because they could in the worst case just be re-textures.

I was also thinking, by the way, that the Humans could use some women.

Anyway - looking forward to implementing all your great work.

A sad thing GoT seems too unstable and i will most likely need to re-work the entire thing from like forever ago. So i have lost interest in modding currently - was a great disappointment as i hate re-dooing stuff.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM.

- The Havamal

Guess i have taken a paus from GoT as i most likely will need to do a huge effort there all over again..

Custom battles work fine and everything would be done were it not for me missing out on the campaign stuff being unstable - i should have realized that way back in may.

Guess i am gonna implement Khaz'Modan next.

- The Havamal

I am implementing the units for Khaz'Modan, but i have a problem with projectiles - Warcraft Total War doesn't have the projectiles implemented that bantu wants two of the units to use. I added one of them to the descr_projectile-file but when they shoot no projectile is seen.

Projectiles aren't my area as i don't have a clue how to get the projectile to show.

It's a Dwarven Grapeshot projectile.

Is there any vanilla-projectile that would work as replacement?

- The Havamal

Centenarius

In vanilla descr_projectile we have:

ribault_shot
    monster_ribault_shot
    grape_shot

These two units are artilleries?
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; July 30, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    In vanilla descr_projectile we have:

ribault_shot
    monster_ribault_shot
    grape_shot

These two units are artilleries?
    No, they are gunners with extremely big guns.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Hi Mr_Nygren, i was wondering if you can show us some of the dwarven units you are implementing, if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Hi Mr_Nygren, i was wondering if you can show us some of the dwarven units you are implementing, if you want
    I have not been working on any mod since sunday, but i took a few pictures of the Dwarven Militia unit - which i think has stretched arms that will need fixing in order for it to look good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-07-30 08-39-31-354.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-30 08-39-34-918.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-30 08-40-00-046.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-30 08-40-00-955.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-30 08-40-19-776.jpg  

- The Havamal

I am done with the implementation of the Khaz'Modan roster to both Custom Battles and the descr_strat-file - only the EDB left.

I want to warn Bantu and everyone else though, because the Dwarven factions are lagging alot on my laptop from august last year - this wasn't the case with Eoghans rosters or with the Naga/Farraki.

However, both the Dwarven factions are causing tremendous lag. I don't know about my gaming computer and probably not - but this means some factions won't perform well in real time battles if your computer sucks. The units have too high polygon level or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-08-04 07-16-27-308.jpg  

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I am done with the implementation of the Khaz'Modan roster to both Custom Battles and the descr_strat-file - only the EDB left.

I want to warn Bantu and everyone else though, because the Dwarven factions are lagging alot on my laptop from august last year - this wasn't the case with Eoghans rosters or with the Naga/Farraki.

However, both the Dwarven factions are causing tremendous lag. I don't know about my gaming computer and probably not - but this means some factions won't perform well in real time battles if your computer sucks. The units have too high polygon level or something.
    Dark irons lag for me as well but why the dwarfs? They have way less polygons and joints than dark irons.
    Other dwarf units has the arms problem?