Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Yay the Awesome mod is coming back!
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

Isn't that a farm off the coast somewhere in wow?
    Last edited by Cooljedidude; August 09, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wait, this is still going on? Frickin' sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Well everyone, here's a little preview of what I've been working on

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Royal Barracks, the 2nd upgrade of the human military building, will allow you folks to recruit the best units on the rosters of Lordaeron, Stormwind and Theramore

This is the first upgrade of the farming buildings of the human nations, the Small Farms. Yes those are pumpkins, the first to guess what those are a reference to gets +rep

This is a building unique to Dalaran, that represents the Kirin Tor. I'm going to try and have as many settlements possible to have at least one unique building that grants specific or additional bonuses as well as training unique units if that's the case

Well that's it for today, I've got many more buildings made but I'll show them when I got everything completed and polished.. but anyway if you got any suggestions feel free to speak!
    Empire Earth...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Well everyone, here's a little preview of what I've been working on

Royal Barracks, the 2nd upgrade of the human military building, will allow you folks to recruit the best units on the rosters of Lordaeron, Stormwind and Theramore

This is the first upgrade of the farming buildings of the human nations, the Small Farms. Yes those are pumpkins, the first to guess what those are a reference to gets +rep

This is a building unique to Dalaran, that represents the Kirin Tor. I'm going to try and have as many settlements possible to have at least one unique building that grants specific or additional bonuses as well as training unique units if that's the case

Well that's it for today, I've got many more buildings made but I'll show them when I got everything completed and polished.. but anyway if you got any suggestions feel free to speak!
    Wow, awesome. I hope you guys will actually finish this mod, as it looks badass. I'm quite a fan of Warcraft III so I'm like :OOO when looking at this ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cooljedidude View Post
    Empire Earth...?
    What?

This Mod has Nothing to do with Empire Earth. How do you even ask a question like that?

Robotic's Avatar Foederatus

ive played warcraft 1,2,3 and wow extensively, and i have no idea what the pumpkins are a reference too....

the only thing i can think of is the farms near the city of brill (remembering from wow days). i think one of them had pumpkins in it.
    in terms of suggestions sulf, once ya have polished off and are ready to release a list of buildings with stats (or whatever else youve got) ill gladly pick at them! cant wait =D

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Why don't you finish units first then continue on to campaign?This way you can have more hype.Andi don't think units should be too hard to implement.Most warcraft units are basic humanoids. Hyrule total war did all kinds of different beasts. I am sure you can do better.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

if i recall correctly most of their old unit progress was lost though im not sure what happened to TMKs units?

Buildings Preview #1

This is just a small preview of most of the human buildings. There are still some I'm finishing but where's the fun if I show everything right? Also, the descriptions are still being worked on. Anyway here they are:

Human Military Buildings

Guard Barracks - Tier 1 military building, allows the training of cheap, militia type units.

Army Barracks - As it name indicates, this is the training center of the regular army, or Tier 2 units, such as the famous Footman.

Royal Barracks - The Tier 3 upgrade of the human military buildings, this barracks will allow the training of some of the most powerful human units, such as Knights.

Human Armor Upgrades

Smithy - Pretty straightforward, this upgrades human armour one level up, for the units to whom said upgrade is available.

Blacksmith - Same thing as the Smithy, but upgrades the armor even further.

Dwarven Blacksmith - With the fine craftsmanship of the Dwarves, human armour is upgraded to it's finest level, mostly Knights and other elite warriors will enjoy it.

Human Farming Buildings

Pumpkin Foraging - Yes the mighty nutritious Tirisfal pumpkin returns, this is when the basic farming is being estabilished, folks go around foraging pumpkins in a semi-agricultural level before estabilishing actual farms.

Small Farms - First farming upgrade, for when actual farms are estabilished, I guess most people know, each farming upgrade grants +1 food production bonus.

Medium Farms - Agriculture and production develops a bit more, farms and crops expand, more food for everyone.

Large Farms - Last farming upgrade and the most productive of them all of course, eat that squalor away!

Human Health Buildings

Well - The first health building, pretty much just a small well where the common folk go get their water.

Large Well - Actually it doesn't really look like a well, but whatever, does anyone have a better name? Anyway as the settlement grows, so does the need for bigger and better water supply.

Fountain of Health - Final upgrade of the health building, we all remember this one from Warcraft 3, it will grant huge bonuses in health and happiness but will be kind of expensive due to it's rare and magical nature.

Human Mines(actually I'm thinking about making these the standard mines for almost every faction apart from Night Elves and The Scourge )

Silver Mines - Can be built on provinces where there is the Silver resource available, providing the smallest mining income

Gold Mines - Can be built on provinces where there is the Gold resource available, providing a good mining income

Rare Materials Mines - Here to represent all those minerals and metals rare and unique to the warcraft world, which provide the largest mining income.

Human Religious Buildings

Shrine of the Holy Light - Basic religious building, just there to provide some religious spread but not able to recruit priests, it's just a shrine of a local fallen hero or something of the kind.

Altar of the Holy Light - The shrine has now been given further importance and is now an Altar, where people come to pray and receive enlightenment and where important local traditions are held. Also priests now visit the settlement, which with their knowledge, the local folks can now train their own priests as well

Chapel of the Holy Light - Second upgrade of the religious buildings, nothing much to add, it is now a permanent residence for priests and where people go to gather and embrace the faith of the Light

Abbey of the Holy Light - With the settlement growing in size and importance, so does the religious focus, and the people have now built an Abbey, which will become a center for studies of the Light

Human Roads

Dirt Roads - Basic cheap roads connecting the smallest villages and towns to each other

Paved Roads - Better, more expensive roads that increase trade and army movement points, and connect important cities to each other

Kingsroad - After the settlement grows into a certain size and importance it will be considered worthy enough to be connected to the Kingsroad, a network that joins the most important cities of the Kingdom and is also heavily guarded, thus protecting travellers from the constant dangers of gnolls, murlocs and similar creatures.

Human Tower Buildings

Guard Tower - These towers will turn your city or castle into a formidable bastion, repeatedly firing huge ballista bolts at the enemy. It provides the ballista towers upgrade to settlements.

Cannon Towers - Well this is pretty self-explanatory, the guard towers are upgraded to cannon towers which instead of firing ballista bolts fire.. cannonballs.

Human Law Buildings

Town Hall - Don't we all know this building? There's not much to say about it, this tree of buildings provide law and happiness, public order bonuses and also allows the training of diplomats

Keep - As the town grows so does it's center of power, it is now bigger and more fortified and so is a better reminder of who's in charge in town

Castle - The final upgrade of the human law buildings, this huge and fortified building not only provides a sense of security to it's city's inhabitants but also allows a more efficient running of bureaucracy and also serves to quell some toughts of rebellion as the people live their lives under it's shadow. (I honestly have no idea why I made the human law buildings pictures to go progressively from day to night, I might change that and make them just like all the others)

(some) Human Unique Buildings

This one I already talked about, it can only be built/rebuilt at Dalaran and it symbolizes the Kirin Tor's presence, and will grant some public order bonuses and also allow the training of the elite Kirin Tor Mages.

Lordaeron Throne Room - Can only be built/rebuilt at the city of Lordaeron, it signifies the residence of the King and as such provides a significant amount of law and happiness bonuses and also allows the training of the Lordaeron Royal Guards, badasses who can go toe-to-toe with pretty much everything that is thrown at them.

Well that's it, hope you guys like those buildings, those are not all of them as I've mentioned, but at least it lets you know work is being done quite fast. Also, I'm sorry for my mediocre 2D skills but it's the best we've got right now
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; August 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

nice! it would be awesome if Warcraft TW could get in full speed again

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

For the final level of the relgious buildings, perhaps it could allow us to recruit Paladins of the Silver Hand? Although that might also work as a guild...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    For the final level of the relgious buildings, perhaps it could allow us to recruit Paladins of the Silver Hand? Although that might also work as a guild...
    Ah, yes, Paladins. I was wondering too how will they be implemented in the game?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Ah, yes, Paladins. I was wondering too how will they be implemented in the game?
    Paladins will be recruitable by Lordaeron, Stormwind and Theramore.
    They will have mounted and dismounted versions and will be the ultimate melee units of all human factions, apart from the "Royal Guard" units.
    They will be recruited from a unique building called "The Order of the Silver Hand" which can be built in Lordaeron, Stratholme, Tyr's Hand, Stormwind and Theramore at the Large City level. After all, Paladins don't grow on trees.
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; August 14, 2012 at 06:57 AM.

I'm glad to see this mod active again.

I really like the human buildings but what about:

Shrine
    Abbey
    Church
    Cathedral?

i wish u luck would really loved to see this mod used to love warcraft 3

Robotic's Avatar Foederatus

Human Farms: So all they eat is pumpkins? =P
    In terms of fruther upgrades, could use something like a small grain warehouse (like the ones in wc3) to demonstrate an upgrade, rather than just a few more pumpkins.

Health Buildings: tier 1 and 2 are good, but the feeling of the fountain of health being buildable is a little strange. It does its job by being an existing building from wc3, but it seems a little strange to me. Got no ideas of an alternative though, other than the obvious, calling it public baths, or some sort of swimming or bathing area.

Mines: Rare Materials sounds kind of weird to me.
    Option 1: Perhaps something along the lines of more Iron, Steel and Mithril mines (as the human melee unit upgrades go in wc3).
    Option 2: If you are wanted to reserve Mithril for the dwarves (understandable), then maybe some kind of combination of Iron/Coal/Gold or Iron/Silver/Gold.

Religious Buildings: The upgrade (in terms of the picture) is too significant from the chapel to the abbey. You could also use the idea from the Wc2 church to fit in here somewhere too, potentially instead of the shrine in the beginning. Altar/Chapel/Church/Abbey or perhaps renaming it cathedral (and could correlate to the wc3 cathedral (name and idea suggested by Monroe)).

Law Buildings: yes make them all at the day time haha.

Sorry if Im being over-critical, I can tell youve put alot of time and effort into this Sulf, hence the others I havnt mentioned, such as barracks and smithy, on the whole, look good to me.

The fountain of health will not likely be buildable, more like discovered somewhere in the area and after that the player should spend money on it to be connected to the city aqua reserves. That's the concept behind it, as there are no currently other ideas to replace the 3d tier public health building. Renaming the religious building tier could be possible, although some changes at the buildings' looks are required to match their new names. I don't know if Sulf is able to do it all over again, and there are more pressing issues like creating the Orcs' buildings.All of the work can always be polished when almost everything is finished.

Well my idea regarding the fountain of health was that it was either "discovered", meaning, you would build it normally just like any other building and it would make part of the health tree but you actually "discovered" it, and the extra cost and build time would represent that "exploring to find it".
    @Robotic, well I tought about making the third mining upgrade to be a specific warcraft fictional ore, but then I realized people would also nitpick about it "why is the third mine upgrade represented by X if Y is more valuable or because I like W better?!!!11'1'?" So yeah, I tought a generic "rare materials" would be a nice compromise, and the ore present in the image is the color of thorium, because it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

No need to be sorry, I might change some of the stuff you mentioned, but right now as Sabazios said it's more important to move on to other factions buildings, these things are really minor polishings that can be easily done later.