Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Yeoup, Robotic.
    In the not-so-near future, when I finally fail these studies and get more free time, I'm going to start a graphics career and take modding as my hobby.
    If it will happen, I'll be here.

Robotic's Avatar Foederatus

mm i also want to take up moddeling as a hobby at least for a while!

now all i need to do is find someone to teach me, or a good tutorial i can follow ^^

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

there are plenty good tutorials, what area are you interested in?

Robotic's Avatar Foederatus

im mainly interested in 3d modelling. but then i kind of want to skin my models too, so i can be like; hey look my unit lol. i know this stuff takes yonks to learn too =/

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412456

the upper tutorial wil learn you basics, take a look at whole section where this tutorial is located, for there are others great tutorials there too

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

How's this mod going? I know that at some point they were very close to finishing it and then some guy's PC crashed and took it all down with it (or smth like that). Are you guys trying to ressurect this?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    How's this mod going? I know that at some point they were very close to finishing it and then some guy's PC crashed and took it all down with it (or smth like that). Are you guys trying to ressurect this?
    Progress had been made towards making new units for the mod, but Morave's pc died and they were lost. Only the units were lost, all other data is fine, safe and secured. While sulph seems to have dropped off the face of the earth (?) I'm still working on the mod, mostly in coding related areas right now.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Oh well, good luck then! I guess being alone and without most of the data doesn't make you as happy as your name says... (just kidding, no offense)
    RTWRM - back to basics

i wish you luck i really want to see mod done. i miss the Warcraft strategy games

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    Progress had been made towards making new units for the mod, but Morave's pc died and they were lost. Only the units were lost, all other data is fine, safe and secured. While sulph seems to have dropped off the face of the earth (?) I'm still working on the mod, mostly in coding related areas right now.
    I'm here

Ugh... you guys need more recruits in the mod

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Ugh... you guys need more recruits in the mod
    I know. We're down to just 2 active people now.

Yay Sulph you're alive

Yes I am, and don't worry people, we are still working ^^ btw HappyC I've replied to your mail.

Quote Originally Posted by darkterren View Post
    i wish you luck i really want to see mod done. i miss the Warcraft strategy games
    *Looks at other people in the room, smiles, and winks.*

Shhh! Don't spoil the fun now...

Hey um, darkterren. Didn't you know Blizzard is discontinuing the Warcraft franchise in favor of the World of Warcraft franchise which is a separate IP for them. I'm sorry to break it to you, looks like Warcraft: Total War will be the last Warcraft RTS you play....

perhaps if you attempt to make a smaller mod for warcraft like the war in northerand it would be easier! ofc your job is tough and great!
    "War is the mother of everything."
    -Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (535-475BC)

I just don't understand why are still moders more interested moding the MTW and RTW vanilla setting ( which have gazzilion mods ) then some interesting settings like this .

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind View Post
    I just don't understand why are still moders more interested moding the MTW and RTW vanilla setting ( which have gazzilion mods ) then some interesting settings like this .
    Sadly not everyone shares a great enthusiasm and interest for fantasy franchises or settings in a Total War game

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    Sadly not everyone shares a great enthusiasm and interest for fantasy franchises or settings in a Total War game
    True , but i don't talk just about fantasy settings i mean also any kind of setting that drifts far from Vanilla be it chronologically or geographically or something else .

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post

Hey um, darkterren. Didn't you know Blizzard is discontinuing the Warcraft franchise in favor of the World of Warcraft franchise which is a separate IP for them. I'm sorry to break it to you, looks like Warcraft: Total War will be the last Warcraft RTS you play....
    hahaha true but this will be the best warcraft ever this has been a great years so far found this mod and hyrule mod both have been games i always wanted to play with on the total war setting

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post

Warcraft IV is supposed to come out. Just not for a long time. When they're finished doing all the potential expansions for Starcraft II and Diablo III the RTS team will do a Warcraft IV. But it was 12 years between Starcraft Brood War and Starcraft II, so I wouldn't expect it before 2015. They don't have to advance the story. WoW and WC are different enough they could retell the plot of WoW through Warcraft IV and expansions.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...