Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Do you guys need writers for faction descriptions, unit cards, and the like? I would love to help out, and writing is what I'm good for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    Yes, what the hell, this way we might just get something that's sort of playable out in this lifetime. Prepare to use your imaginations during the battles folks.

Modelers, Y U NO WANT TO MAKE MODELS FOR THIS [awesome] MOD?

On a related note, I've just finished modifying the map regions for the Alpha layout. I'd just like to get the ports implemented and then I'll send you the updated files.
    Good, I have free time now so you send me the map, I wrap up the things I have, like putting characters in place (that much at least) and I send you, if you don't already have, the unit descriptions and etc, and you create the placeholders (because right now the only units ingame are the silver surfers..) At least people will be able to admire your mapping work ^^

Quote Originally Posted by VinlandForever View Post
    Do you guys need writers for faction descriptions, unit cards, and the like? I would love to help out, and writing is what I'm good for.
    Most of the text has looong been done actually. Hm, altough, since I had redone the unit roster.. I recall there were some new units that needed new descriptions..
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; November 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm VERY, VERY sorry guys. I think its definitely my fault for not backing up all the stuff I made.

Moravex, is there any chance, maybe not now but in the near future or something, that you can re-do them? Because right now the only units we have are MalevolentKing's Horde units, but if you remade the Lordaeron/Human ones, there could at least be a semblance of completion in the Alpha.. where there would be at least 2 factions with units.

Don't be sorry Moravex. The loss of your work must have hurt you too. :S
    I could've learned moddeling when I had the time after claiming to be willing to help you (as a nooby) so many times.
    Now darn studies consume it all.. and devour me.
    Damn my lazy, lazy ass ;/

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

You can just reskin vanilla models and ask some other mods to use their dwarf or orc models and reskin them too and the mod will be great.

Why not ask TATW team for some base dwarf models or Warhammer team for undead units Morave/TMK?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I can help with some 2d stuff if you people are really making this mod not just debating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    I can help with some 2d stuff if you people are really making this mod not just debating.
    Just debating? Are you kidding me? http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-total-war1

Seriously though, what kind of 2D stuff can you do? (like textures, ui, etc?)

Sorry I didnt mean to offend, I just thought that since your loss of models data (or whatever else was you lost) the mod's developement paused? Anyway Im glad I was wrong cause Im a big warcraft fan.

I could try any 2d stuff really, though Im a beginner level at textures. I guess I can do an ok work I just lack experience cause I didnt do many textures, mostly UI stuff etc. Depends what you need, I could learn something new too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Sorry I didnt mean to offend, I just thought that since your loss of models data (or whatever else was you lost) the mod's developement paused? Anyway Im glad I was wrong cause Im a big warcraft fan.

I could try any 2d stuff really, though Im a beginner level at textures. I guess I can do an ok work I just lack experience cause I didnt do many textures, mostly UI stuff etc. Depends what you need, I could learn something new too.
    Well the faction symbols are made, the UI's.. well.. some are made, Horde and Human I think, and Burning Legion too.. Grimbold was working on them, but he too disappeared (seriously if all the people that ever worked on this mod didn't simply "disappear" (and stop replying) this mod would have been completed already -.-). The menus and loading screens are done also, the character portraits I've done as well.. hmm.. strat_map faction and army banners (including empty cities) are done too.. so basically the only major 2D thingy that's left is the UI of the remaining factions..

(seriously if all the people that ever worked on this mod didn't simply "disappear" (and stop replying) this mod would have been completed already -.-)
    If people are going to quit the mod they should at the very least warn that before, and deliver the work they've done >.>

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Well the faction symbols are made, the UI's.. well.. some are made, Horde and Human I think, and Burning Legion too.. Grimbold was working on them, but he too disappeared (seriously if all the people that ever worked on this mod didn't simply "disappear" (and stop replying) this mod would have been completed already -.-). The menus and loading screens are done also, the character portraits I've done as well.. hmm.. strat_map faction and army banners (including empty cities) are done too.. so basically the only major 2D thingy that's left is the UI of the remaining factions..

Sooooo... Almost everything is finished except units?
    Seriously though, why don't seek out modelers and start bugging them over and over, and maybe some of them will eventually decide to give you a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    Sooooo... Almost everything is finished except units?
    Yeah pretty much actually.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Well, what are you waiting for, make a new preview, then front page announcement so that everyone know, that its almost done (I myself thought that there is a lot to be done) Then go searching for modelers (start sending them PM's) and maybe someone will join!

Good luck!

Even the scripts?

What lore characters can we expect to see in the mod? Also will they have their own character model as well as differing bodyguard units to better suite their lore or fighting style?

Sense y'all cant have all the kingdoms/factions in the game. Will you also be putting lore characters in the rebel faction to give the perception of their being a faction. For instance the Amani trolls having Zul'jin or Lord Aiden Perenolde for the rebels in Alterac?

If so maybe the Wowwiki page might help a little http://www.wowwiki.com/Major_characters

In my personal opinion, I feel it would be a waste of resources to make Major Lore Characters, and that that is the kind of thing which should only be made once each race has it's standard models made. To me, character models or rather, hero models, are an extravagence.

Did y'all see the end cinematic for Cata? It is terrible! The worst!

Y'all just gained soo much support from me. Now I really hope this is going to be a great mod.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MrDickens View Post
    Did y'all see the end cinematic for Cata? It is terrible! The worst!

Y'all just gained soo much support from me. Now I really hope this is going to be a great mod.
    What end cinematic?That is the thriller for patch 4.3.

Lore news,the Horde is destroying the City-State of Theramore in patch 4.4 but they will still have Northwatch Hold.

Horde smash Alliance . RAWR

Sorry to hear the bad news about the lost progress.

Why don't you guys do The Second War?That why you will need far lesser skins and for the first release Orc and Human skins will do.

You can break the Alliance and the Horde in multiple clans and nations who are part of unbreakable alliances?

In later releases you can put in the High Elves,the Zul'Amani Trolls some scripts for the Alterac Kingdom to betray the Alliance and a script for the Kingdom of Gilneas to break the pact with the Alliance and declare neutrality.For the Horde you can put in some scripts for Gul'dan's betrayl and maybe a script for the Frostwolves to get involved and try converting the Horde back to shamanism.

Overall it would be much easier to make and once you get a version out people will notice the mod and you maybe will get a few decent skinners to help with the 3rd War and beyond ?
    Last edited by ShockBlast; December 04, 2011 at 05:01 AM.