Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    The map is gorgeous indeed, I have played gods know how many campaigns already, both to test new stuff or just "because" and I never get tired of looking at it. In fact, I usually spend the first turn with toggle_fow activated to look at everything in detail : D I just wish HappyCrusader really finishes it up so I can add my stuff.

But we now are pretty much as we were some months ago :/ Moravex had that problem with the units, and TheMalevolentKing.. I don't even know where he is..
    Awesome, post news. I've been checking this thread for months, we could use a news update.

Also, I still think you guys should throw in some world bosses (units that wander the country side but are a pain in the ass to kill and are rebel)

Spartan777's Avatar Libertus

Made up to find that a team are making a WOW mod. This has gone under my radar for a while. I'm not asking for a release date but how's it coming in terms of develepment?

A WOW mod? Who?

Still alive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mind View Post
    Still alive ?
    Obviously.

Made up to find that a team are making a WOW mod.
    A WoW mod? Really? Who? Can you link it?

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Liamar View Post
    A WoW mod? Really? Who? Can you link it?
    I think he means this
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I think he means this

Ya think?

I think he means this

Warcraft:Total War (WTW), a mod for Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms, is based in the Warcraft universe at the begining of Warcraft 3. WTW will feature a huge map, a ton of cool units from the Warcraft universe and new strategic twists with the introduction of large units with high HP (i.e. abominations), magic units (like Kirin'Tor mages) and hero units such as Prince Arthas Menethil.

Lol nope, that mods got nothing to do with WoW

The Argent Crusade or the Argent Dawn will be available as a spawning faction if the scourge manage to destroy Lordaeron ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oli the Great View Post
    The Argent Crusade or the Argent Dawn will be available as a spawning faction if the scourge manage to destroy Lordaeron ?
    Yeah, the Scarlet Crusade, The Forsaken and the Argent Dawn are all planned to appear if the Scourge destroyes Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    Lol nope, that mods got nothing to do with WoW
    I never said it was. It just sounded like he did.
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Hahaha let's be honest now what you want is some form of Warcraft Total War to play, regardless of units or no units am I right?
    A bare bones mod folder with vanilla units (or even just using Peasants) would be nice to see and test how the map works. *Imagines storming citadels with stacks of Peasants versus Stacks of Peasants using no artillery*.

Seriously, though, it's a good way to balance and test the game at each stage, and doesn't take up too much space on the Hard-drive.

I once made a Fantasy World Mod, with the intention of implementing units, but after removing all units aside from Peasants and basest level of boats for the factions (even the Generals Bodyguards were Peasants on foot), I had too much fun watching the AI expand against the Rebels. Removing all Characters aside from Generals and Admirals, and

Remember games like Age of Empires, and you had Deathmatchs? I set it to run on AI only mode. Recording the AI's actions, and then tweaking the gamefiles for that balance, and then gradually adding in the relevant unit types (such as Peasants on Horseback, Peasant Archers, Peasant Artillery, etc), to see how they effect gameplay. Next was modifying the buildings, then traits and ancs, throwing in resources, and the game became more balanced for AI Factions.

I'd really love to have a go at playing a Peasant Only Map Deathmatch style game

That's really not a bad idea! Or heck, just throw something out there. Give us an idea of what this is going to feel like, at least.

Originally Posted by Mind
    Still alive ?
    Obviously.
    Not really, team hasn't shown new stuff for weeks
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Well, TMK is on vacation or something. Morave is dealing with the lost units. Everyone else is just going on as best they can.
    EDIT: Someone beat us to it!
    Last edited by The Stig; September 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Well, TMK is on vacation or something. Morave is dealing with the lost units. Everyone else is just going on as best they can.
    EDIT: Someone beat us to it!
    Yeah well, that is based on Rome Total War, and seems to be based on Warcraft 1..

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

well that wont look as good as this one when this one is completed i really hope they can pull this one off this is probaly the only mod that i really want to play haha

Yeah well, that is based on Rome Total War, and seems to be based on Warcraft 1..
    Yeah, but it is Warcraft. I was thinking we could get models or something from that guy. I don't know if that is possible or not, but it might cut down on the workload a bit.
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Amazing stuff.
    Last edited by Nelduin; September 25, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.