Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    nice work moravex keep it up =D
    Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

If anyone of you has probably noticed, the texture on the arms and legs of the crossbowmen, lordamere horsemen and lordamere archers are all the same, it WILL be changed... I just started on their bodies/torso coz those are the hardest parts to make(and its also the most noticeable in a small pic preview). I'll also make minor modeling work on some stuff to make those units more original looking. After that, I'll do the Lordaeron Knight's equipment parts already, coz vacation is almost over(I only have 2 days left)and I can't do a whole unit in one day because of my schedule, let alone if I can use the PC for modeling instead of programming which I really need coz I'm an IT. Well, just standby for some more stuff.

Will it be the drenai units and faction ??

Quote Originally Posted by Miklagrad View Post
    Will it be the drenai units and faction ??
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but do you mean "will there be a drainei faction?" Go to the OP(the very first post). All stuff/details people wanna know is in there.

@Sulph or anyone

Can this be the look of the Gilnean Spearmen for Theramore:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35232#screenshots:id=209958
    Sorry if this is a little too early, I just have to have some material right now so I can proceed w/ everything smoothly.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do you want my help? Yes or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

@Moravex, the helmet looks a tad too weird..maybe you could find another one gilneas related? I don't know, it's up to you, I just think that for a simple spearmen unit it is too "advanced". Nonetheless the Glinean Spearmen should have a different visual to make it unique, since it's, well, unique

But it serves also as form of precaution, if somewhere in the future we were to make a real Gilneas faction..

@The Stig, what can you do? Sorry but I haven't been paying much attention to the thread lately.. too busy with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    @Moravex, the helmet looks a tad too weird..maybe you could find another one gilneas related? I don't know, it's up to you, I just think that for a simple spearmen unit it is too "advanced". Nonetheless the Glinean Spearmen should have a different visual to make it unique, since it's, well, unique

But it serves also as form of precaution, if somewhere in the future we were to make a real Gilneas faction..
    Okay, thanks for pointing those out. And its really interesting if Gilneas or any others nations in the seven kingdoms makes it into a very late version. Although I doubt if they would control a sizeable territory coz its imba against the horde in my opinion if they had.

@Stig
    Just indicate what you're planning to do for the mod so we'll know if those stuff are done already or if you can help in some unfinished text stuff if you can.

If I'm correct, you wanna be a scripter, right?

What about this?

EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

If I'm correct, you wanna be a scripter, right?
    @The Stig, what can you do? Sorry but I haven't been paying much attention to the thread lately.. too busy with other stuff.
    Yes, I'm a scripter, I can help with the unfinshed test things you mentioned Moravex
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    What about this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks Beckyolt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yes, I'm a scripter, I can help with the unfinshed test things you mentioned Moravex
    Ask this guy: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=57689
    I'm not quite sure what he is doing right now, or what HappyC assigned him to do, just ask him to tell you the text and scripting stuff he'll do or planning to do. If none yet, then ask Happy Crusader so you can be assigned some work.

Note: As far as I know, text editing and adding some sounds in a mod is quite related, maybe you can those stuff to.

EDIT: I'm browsing the text editing and scripting area on the mod workshop, and I saw this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=458863
    Maybe you can add a sound to the "warcry" attribute/skill(believe it or not, this RTW skill is also available for M2TW), that will be awesome if used by the horde, and the effect of that skill is suited to them too.

And also, look at this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=203889
    Coz maybe we can add some interesting ancillaries like frostmourne, trol'kalar, skull of gul'dan, eye of sargeras, etc. etc..

And also, don't forget to
    Download this one:Bare Geomod Kingdoms 1.02.rar so you can have a mod folder where you can test some of the scripts:
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; June 11, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

I'll see what I can do
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.

Looking forward to this!

I'm curious: is this going to be current for Cataclysm?

It appears to be based on WotLK if I am not mistaken. Are those old screenshots of the map (and it's been updated)? Or is it going to be locked into WotLK?

Last edited by fender010; June 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    Looking forward to this!

I'm curious: is this going to be current for Cataclysm?

It appears to be based on WotLK if I am not mistaken. Are those old screenshots of the map (and it's been updated)? Or is it going to be locked into WotLK?
    The timeline of the Alpha version of our mod will be based on the Third War as the Alliance struggles to hold off the advance of the scourge, while the Horde is beginning to explore the continent of Kalimdor. Therefore, the Alpha version will be composed of 7 factions, namely:
    -Kingdom of Lordaeron
    -Quel'Thalas
    -The Scourge
    -The Horde
    -Theramore
    -Night Elves
    -Burning Legion(will likely have numerous troops from the Scourge faction but will be supplemented by its own unique troops[demons, fel, etc., etc.]

And as far as I know, the screenshots of the map are old, but I didn't know if they're gonna be updated, only time can tell.

The next version after Alpha will more likely compose of all the factions that are planned(ie. Khaz Modan, Stormwind, Steamwheedle Cartel, and lots more). But as for now, we'll focus smaller, baby steps first.

i want to be disciple priest plez.

♫♥ ƬƦƛƝƇЄ ƑƠƦЄƔЄƦ ♥♫

or owl druid

♫♥ ƬƦƛƝƇЄ ƑƠƦЄƔЄƦ ♥♫

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa View Post
    i want to be disciple priest plez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akusa View Post
    or owl druid
    please EDIT instead of double-posting

Quote Originally Posted by xxxMoRaVexxx View Post
    guys, which unit should I put this helm into:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=24866#screenshots:id=16547
    I know this design(skin/texture) is high elven...
    Scarlet Champions of the Monastery use that, and a few other guys there.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=4302#.

I'm so glad you're setting it during the Wc3 era. So very glad.

Guys, progress in retexturing the arms and legs of the Lordamere Horsemen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll retexture the arms and legs of the Lordamere Archers and Lordaeron Crossbowmen tomorrow. After that, I'll make a new unit. Either the Peasant and Lumbermen, or straight to the tier 3 Knight of Lordaeron, it depends on my mood.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Hi guys! I know I haven't been active here for a while which is due to a few reasons. Mainly because of RL. I am short on time now but can do a couple of new units every week. I can start now but one the back of my mind I have the nagging thought that the Horde roster is unfinished and doesn't look to good. The variations have come to haunt me and the bone assignents need a brush up. It is a bit tedious which is why I haven't done it and it takes up more time than making a new unit.

If Moravex or anyone else feels up to doing it then PM me because I do not like seeing it unfinished. I know whoever does it will do a good job.

I will still do more units(Scourge)which is easy now I have learn't from my novice mistakes but to correct the ones I did with the Horde roster takes time that I do not have. If anyone takes up the job I will start on teh Skeletons for the Scourge straight away!
    This is just to let you know about me. I hope you guys understand and I will be more active here in a bit.

Thanks for all your support so far!

Maybe you can add a sound to the "warcry" attribute/skill
    Absolutely, this is easy and I've done ancillaries before.
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.