Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

And what is wrong with Forsaken Lordaeron?

''Make haste the Dark Lady watches over you''
    Oh dont get me started on those fiends...Its really bad how much i loathe them. When i did play WoW ...i sorta would hunt them down specifically in battle grounds and in world pvp as best i could. But as far lore goes, bah...they just sicken me...damn the banshee queen. The supposed people she leads...granted they were once citizenry of Lordaeron...but she really has no claim to its throne...being the fact that she was an elf.
    I was alright with how it all came to be...the storyline and the like. Garithos was an douche i grant you that. But personally i would've preferred Lordaeron be overrun with mindless undead rather then those scheming hooligans..
    Once again...im a tad biased per say. Lordaeron was and will always be my favorite kingdom...followed by Kul'Tiras.

but other then that. As i said Fantastic work so far folks keep it up. Cant wait to actually get a shot at this.
    Last edited by Josan; May 05, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Josan View Post
    Oh dont get me started on those fiends...Its really bad how much i loathe them. When i did play WoW ...i sorta would hunt them down specifically in battle grounds and in world pvp as best i could. But as far lore goes, bah...they just sicken me...damn the banshee queen. The supposed people she leads...granted they were once citizenry of Lordaeron...but she really has no claim to its throne...being the fact that she was an elf.
    I was alright with how it all came to be...the storyline and the like. Garithos was an douche i grant you that. But personally i would've preferred Lordaeron be overrun with mindless undead rather then those scheming hooligans..
    Once again...im a tad biased per say. Lordaeron was and will always be my favorite kingdom...followed by Kul'Tiras.
    For an Alliance fan they are despicable,but if you think a bit about it that means mission accomplished for Blizz,you will have to agree they are a nice addition to the universe.

I was a Lordaeron fan but now i like Stromgarde and Theramore more from the Alliance factions.

I know that those rotten brains will backstab the Horde one day but the Allaince pressure on them makes that unlikely,for now.

I know that those rotten brains will backstab the Horde one day but the Allaince pressure on them makes that unlikely,for now.
    Amen brother...I started off as a Hordie actually. I dont trust em 0.o . Stromgarde is pretty cool i will admit. Theramore is also interesting. Yeah im still a Lordaeron fan though...tis probably why i enjoy some Scarlet Crusade lore. Preferably the earlier stages of the Order with Mograine The Ashbringer and all that awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    Now some little comments about the Horde rooster.

Ok the iconic Horde army,would have some of the best infantry if not the best,ranged units second only to the elves and cavalry only for flanking and going for the support units.

T1 : Orc bowman could replace the spearthrower - the orcs used to be good at this but with the indroduction on the trolls in the second war they left throwing in the hands the trolls but before they learnt a lot about hunting from the trolls.The orcs become very skilled hunters and if they dedicated themselves they could,and did in most cases,become equals to the trolls,elves and tauren.

T2 : Warchief Garrosh Hellscream doesn't protest...with the exception that in Orgimmar the Horde could recruit Mercenary Goblin Riflemen since the goblins were the master engineers in Orgrimmar and the orcs had a friendlier relation with the goblins and quite a lot worked for the Horde as individuals.

T3 : Tauren Druids - long story made short Druidism got thought to the Tauren by the Night Elves after the 3rd war and before WoW NOT before the 3rd war. Troll witch doctors will be happy to teach folks to ''stay away form da VooDoo mon'' Or you could just rename them to Tauren Shaman.

Berserkers and not as favoured as they where in the second war now you will see quite a few orcs raising the shield and charging when the time is right,not too berserkerish of them.
    Also there are more then enough two handed units that can also portey the emblematic melee berserker in the Horde.
    Now we still want a berserker in the Horde or Garrosh will ''dismiss'' us from the cliff,do you guys remember the troll upgrade to the Berserker?What about that.

Kor'kron Berserker (troll) - ''say hello to my little friend'' - ranged unit,throws spears , armour leather / chain mail upgrade , Horde Tabard on those.

Pics : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=26870#screenshots:id=92423 , http://www.wowhead.com/npc=26870#screenshots:id=219612

Tauren Braves could use a two handed spear,the spear is their weapon of choise and the Horde badly needs another spear unit to complement the trolls since there will be a lot of calvalry thrown at the Horde.

Mounted Kor'kron Elite is a bit strange,you could give them another mounted unit for the sake of diversity but just armour up the raider.The Kor'kron Guard has dedicated raiders but as far as i know none of them are part of the Elite.

The Kor'kron Elite should be recrutable from Orgirmmar only.

Kor'Kron Infantry - partial plate / full plate (upgrade) - 1h + shield pic for inspiration : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=31832#screenshots:id=97510

Oh and i almost forgot , Axebite Marksmen ,bow,(all 3 races can be part) light chain / heavy chain - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47494#screenshots:id=203879

I hope you find something from here interesting but renaming the Tauren Druids to Shaman and giving those Tauren Braves a two handed spear is quite a must.

Don't forget about the good old blue L on white background.

Sulph do you really want the tabard with the L ?

Nice question!

Well for the sake of gameplay i think generals should be recrutable.Also your idea with cavalry,infantry or archer generals is very good.For the sake of uniquness i think all factions should have access to only 2 tipes of those generals ot any given time.That would add to the gameplay.
    I'm not sure about the horde having some of the best archers as well as the best footmen. It would make them sorta overpowered. I'd make them like Scotland; great heavy and light infantry and mediocre archers that can perform well in a melle.

Amen brother...I started off as a Hordie actually. I dont trust em 0.o . Stromgarde is pretty cool i will admit. Theramore is also interesting. Yeah im still a Lordaeron fan though...tis probably why i enjoy some Scarlet Crusade lore. Preferably the earlier stages of the Order with Mograine The Ashbringer and all that awesomeness
    Well the thing is not to fall prey to zelous fanboying ...hint,hint...the Scarlet Crusade ,even the most powerful can fall and in lore Lordaeron has been wiped out of existance by the time of Cataclysm.

Well i have partial good news for you,when you do Scarlet Monastery with the Alliance you are helping some Scarlet Rebels overthrow the paranoid leadership.

What about the Argent Crusade,they are quite awesome.

I was sure Danath would return and Stormgarde would bounce up a bit. But it didn't.Hey Stromgarde will be an awesome faction to play and at this time they aren't part of the Alliance...time to rebuild the Empire of Arathor.

I hope in this expansion we will see in what state Kul'Tiras is.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashybashy View Post
    I'm not sure about the horde having some of the best archers as well as the best footmen. It would make them sorta overpowered. I'd make them like Scotland; great heavy and light infantry and mediocre archers that can perform well in a melle.
    Overpowerd?Mate they will have one of the most weak cavalry in the game and while their soldiers will be the best one on one who says that the unit will have 75 soldiers like the alliance and not 60 to simulate their smaller numbers?This why the fight between units will be more equal.

And having some of the best ranged units is Lore accurate plus they will not have the numbers of the Night Elves or Quel'Thalas so those factions will overshot them if they try to compete with them at their own game.

Besides what makes you think tha trolls,orcs or taurens are mediocre when all the info we have it says they are all great hunters.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; May 05, 2011 at 09:07 AM.

Dont worry...My fanboying for them has its limits.

The Argent dawn/crusade are an interesting Order. I mean i am glad to know that hearthglen didn't fall into the forsakens hands...if that happened i probably would've gone mad. Better it to be returned to its previous owner. Hell the fall of andorhal to the forsaken annoyed the hell out of me..i did the quest line on my friends account. It was kinda annoying.... the forsaken just go "LOLOLOL we use Vrykul to raise dead against their will...i swear we are nothing like the scourge".

As for ol' Danath people think he will return to reclaim Arathi and prevent his now undead nephew from claiming the throne for the forsaken.

As for Kul'Tiras i know they were not in the best of shape after the failed attack on durotar and all that but it will be interesting to see what the little naval state has been up to.

Dont worry...My fanboying for them has its limits.

The Argent dawn/crusade are an interesting Order. I mean i am glad to know that hearthglen didn't fall into the forsakens hands...if that happened i probably would've gone mad. Better it to be returned to its previous owner. Hell the fall of andorhal to the forsaken annoyed the hell out of me..i did the quest line on my friends account. It was kinda annoying.... the forsaken just go "LOLOLOL we use Vrykul to raise dead against their will...i swear we are nothing like the scourge".
    To be honest it's too far to hold it and the Forsaken would muster another army faster then the Allaince can send one,i mean those dodo brains didn't help Stromgarde liberate it's capital or send troop to Darkshore,Varian is such an ogre sometimes.
    As for ol' Danath people think he will return to reclaim Arathi and prevent his now undead nephew from claiming the throne for the forsaken.
    Blizz should let more Jungle trolls join the Horde and give them a capital,make Bilgewater Harbour a capital also so that they can add Theramore,Stromgarde or Aerie Peak as proper capitals.

As for Kul'Tiras i know they were not in the best of shape after the failed attack on durotar and all that but it will be interesting to see what the little naval state has been up to.
    I know and they had a very small population to begin with.I have a feeling the Allaince and Horde will be fighting over it.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Uh guys... Can Sulph or someone tell me the definite Horde roster because I am really confused to what to, there has a whole raft of changes and I do not know what to do.
    Also I do not think we should have upgrades for the alpha as it will be slot of work for us and will delay the alpha even further.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMalevolentKing View Post
    Uh guys... Can Sulph or someone tell me the definite Horde roster because I am really confused to what to, there has a whole raft of changes and I do not know what to do.
    Also I do not think we should have upgrades for the alpha as it will be slot of work for us and will delay the alpha even further.
    This is the last thing he posted about the Horde rooster.It could use a few twinks but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post

Horde Roster:

Tier 1: light militia/citizen units

Peons (light infantry)
    weapons: axe/pickaxe
    armor: cloth(basic)/leather(upg1)
    Orc Warriors (light infantry)
    weapons: mace, shield
    armor:leather(basic)/mail(upg1)

Orc Spearthrowers (ranged javelins)
    weapons: javelin

Tier 2: medium professional units

Grunts (heavy infantry)
    weapons: two-handed axe
    armor: mail(basic)half-plate(upg1)

Troll Headhunters (ranged javelins)
    armor: leather

Troll Spearmen (spearmen)
    weapons: spear, shield

Raiders (heavy cavalry)
    mount: wolf
    weapons: sword

Shamans (ranged magic)
    weapons: magic

Tier 3: heavy elite units

Berserkers (heavy infantry(multiple hitpoint unit)
    weapons: two-handed axe/sword

Tauren Braves (heavy infantry)

Tauren Druids (ranged magic)

Mounted Kor'kron Elite (heavy cavalry(multiple hitpoint unit)
    mount: armored wolf
    weapons: axe/sword
    armor: full plate

Kor'kron Elite (heavy infantry(multiple hitpoint unit)

Kodo Beast (elephant cavalry(multiple hitpoint unit)
    mount: kodo
    weapons: kodo
    armor: it's own skin lol

Artillery:
    Ballista, Catapult, Great Catapult
    --------------------------

I've put DONE in front of those that I recall are complete or at least practically done (at least for Alpha standards) Correct me if I'm wrong:

Horde Roster:

Tier 1: light militia/citizen units

Peons (light infantry) DONE
    weapons: axe/pickaxe
    armor: cloth(basic)/leather(upg1)

Orc Warriors (light infantry) DONE
    weapons: mace, shield

Orc Spearthrowers (ranged javelins) DONE

Tier 2: medium professional units

Grunts (heavy infantry) DONE
    weapons: two-handed axe

Troll Headhunters (ranged javelins) DONE

Troll Spearmen (spearmen) DONE (partially, put a shield in them also TMK)
    weapons: spear, shield

Raiders (heavy cavalry) DONE
    mount: wolf
    weapons: sword

Shamans (ranged magic) DONE

Tier 3: heavy elite units

Berserkers (heavy infantry(multiple hitpoint unit) NOT DONE YET

Tauren Braves (heavy infantry) DONE (but we could, as ShockBlast said, give them a spear)

Tauren Shamans (ranged magic) DONE

Mounted Kor'kron Elite (heavy cavalry(multiple hitpoint unit) NOT DONE YET
    mount: armored wolf

Kor'kron Elite (heavy infantry(multiple hitpoint unit) DONE

Kodo Beast (elephant cavalry(multiple hitpoint unit) NOT DONE YET
    mount: kodo
    weapons: kodo
    armor: it's own skin lol

Artillery:
    Ballista, Catapult, Great Catapult DONE (altough I have a better idea for the Great Catapult)

So basically if I'm not mistaken, all that remains is give a shield to the Troll Spearmen, do the Berserkers, make the Mounted Kor'kron Elite, change the Tauren Brave's weapon to a spear, and do the Kodo Beast

For the Mounted Kor'kron Elite, you could use the Raider wolf, give it some armor, like the armored mount the Orcs have in WoW, and that's it.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

To all who would ask, the footman model I made is the unupgraded version. As I said last time, I'll make the footman as unarmored as I can do it. An upgrade model is easy to make anyway... I think I'll just have to add a rerebrace under the pauldrons and change the skin or I think I should change the helmet too. But I'll most likely not make the upgrade for the Alpha, coz what will happen most likely is I'll end up modeling every other units' upgrades(if they have). Coz it just seems unbalanced if only the footman will have the upgrade.

Thanks for all the people who feedbacked to it too, at least I know that the model is very good for now and only a very few things should be changed.

@SULPH:

I'll make the peasant next right? What would their weapon be?(Sorry if you answered it already, its just this thread overflows with posts everytime, and I didn't have time to delve here, since my internet sucks and all). I just wanna know so I can plan in advance and make the model faster, thanks.
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; May 05, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

Their weapon would be a pitchfork

As for the upgraded version of the footman, you only need to give him plate on the rest of the body, no need to change the helmet or the shoulderguards.

Their weapon would be a pitchfork
    Thanks for listening mate.

TheMalevolentKing - When you give the spear be sure it's long and it can use the animations of pikemen but without the special pike-wall ability.

About the shield for the trolls.It seems the trolls are fond of romb shaped shields so go for that and you could add some round ones for diversity ,i guess that you can go for a wood with metal border.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; May 05, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

Why don't you give the Horde a demolisher? The model already exists in TW and the orks used it in WC3 http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/u...molisher.shtml
    Also: Is there any need to make a new peasant model? Why not just reskin the TW one. It's kinda hard to make a dude with a pitchfork look more or less warcrafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashybashy View Post
    Why don't you give the Horde a demolisher? The model already exists in TW and the orks used it in WC3 http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/u...molisher.shtml
    Are you sure the model exists? Demolisher like the demolisher but this says ''Lok'tar Ogar!!'' better.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Give them time and they will put in it.

Also: Is there any need to make a new peasant model? Why not just reskin the TW one. It's kinda hard to make a dude with a pitchfork look more or less warcrafty.
    Well they will give it a try.

No Moravex, don't give them an axe too, just a pitchfork, a spade, pickaxes, whatever, but no axes, because that's what Lubmermen are for!

No Moravex, don't give them an axe too, just a pitchfork, a spade, pickaxes, whatever, but no axes, because that's what Lubmermen are for!
    Ah forgot about those.

Here are the NEW faction symbols, better than ever (I think) Some have the same concept of before, others are completely new, etc. Give your opinion

Note that they are supposed to be small, that's why they are so pixelized.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Here are the NEW faction symbols, better than ever (I think) Some have the same concept of before, others are completely new, etc. Give your opinion

Note that they are supposed to be small, that's why they are so pixelized.
    Beautiful Work! I love these new ones! + rep
    You could help us skin now!
    Last edited by TMK; May 05, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks ^^