Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Would be great if you could hurry up with sending me your High Elven reskins - we will use your High Elven textures, and as for the Blood Elves we would want the footmen re-texture with the shield.

I wanna up a new video with the new High Elves fighting the Blood Elves and it would look better if your material were to be included.

- As the HE are your favorite faction i do believe you did put in a greater effort in the HE-retextures.
    Alright, later in the day I'll send the reskins I made so far. The High Elves aren't my favorite faction though, I actually prefer the Blood Elves, both aesthetically and in the lore. I always just talk about the High Elves because despite their great importance in the Warcraft world, they are always ignored.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Alright, later in the day I'll send the reskins I made so far. The High Elves aren't my favorite faction though, I actually prefer the Blood Elves, both aesthetically and in the lore. I always just talk about the High Elves because despite their great importance in the Warcraft world, they are always ignored.
    Okay thanks.

I see, then you just want the HE because they are true to the lore for this time period?

- I think their new units are pretty cool. In my "personal version" i might give them the Bloodshades too .
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Will there be added a faction Vrykul? You can make them as as emergent faction, as the Mongols in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Will there be added a faction Vrykul? You can make them as as emergent faction, as the Mongols in M2TW.

Bantu is remaking the Vrykuls (to be used as Scourge mercs) and Varguls (Scourge units) now actually.

- An Ulduar faction with live Vrykuls are planed for a later release.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Some updates:

Sulfurion has sent me his retextures which i will put to use soon. I wanna know what additional retextures he did because i cannot know what unit they belong to just by reading the name of the file.

- I know the Elven retextures (will be used), the Scarlet one (probably won't be used), the new grunt (will be used in a later version of the mod, as the mod has returned to using the old grunt, as it fits better in the roster - Bantu wanna remake all the orcs before using the new one) and the NE which will be used as armour upgrades.

- Any unit not previewd i need specific details about.

WarcraftHero has sent me this explanation and a whole lot of files:
    "Ok, so it seems i have done some extra stuff, no problem if they will go unused in game

Anyway i feel it's right to share with you what i have done in these days, but feel free to do what you want with it. Here it is.

Here's what's inside:

• Models_strat textures for: rebel troll captain and general; naga captain
    • Dragon textures: black, blue, bronze, green (with unit cards)
    • Hydra textures for farraki and gurubashi (with unit cards)
    • Nerubian underking texture for the scourge
    • Bat riders retextures: horde, dark horde, drakkari, gurubashi, slave (undead)
    • Bat mount retexture for the dark horde
    • Undead troll textures for drakkari rabble
    • Burning legion death knight horse reskin (with corrected unit card)
    • Retextured wolf mounts for horde and dark horde
    • fe_faction_units for almost all the factions (these may be temporary)
    • Corrected some typo errors in descr_names, names.txt and export_units. Now all names can be displayed correctly in game and also, no more warnings about missing labels or strings when loading the mod with Geomod."

Then i have myself implemented the new High Elven units plus the portraits of the Drakari since before - but due to the new Dire troll unit not having a portrait yet (gonna send him the new version soon) it hasn't been previewed.

- Bantu Chieftain sent me his remade Vrykul package right now.

- It includes a Vrykul raider and a Vrykul warrior replacing the old ones - but now they are going to be mercs for the Scourge and not official units.

- It also includes the Ymirjar Champions and two Varguls replacing the other three dito's as offical great quality Scourge units. Bantu said he was gonna send me a remade Banshee tommorrow for both the Scourge and the Forsaken.

- I will upload pics when everything has been properly implemented, gonna start with Sulfurions retextures, then WarcraftHero's material and finally Bantu's new units.

- Then after i have gotten the Banshee and implemented it i will send the teammembers a new version - even though it still won't have an updated campaign (it hasn't been updated since i started balancing the units) and balance still isn't finished.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren I sent you a PM with some new files.

I need some help..

- While fixing things in Republic of China to remove an annoying advisor that showed up all the time - the Warcraft mod got affected and now i can't see any info when holding the mouse on the units. I hate this, as i like to see numbers, morale, their mood etc..

But no matter what i try to change in the CFG-file it won't turn itself back.

So what line am i supposed to change to get this information? Currently there are no information at all when holding the mouse on any unit..

- The Havamal

Centenarius

I need some help..

- While fixing things in Republic of China to remove an annoying advisor that showed up all the time - the Warcraft mod got affected and now i can't see any info when holding the mouse on the units. I hate this, as i like to see numbers, morale, their mood etc..

But no matter what i try to change in the CFG-file it won't turn itself back.

So what line am i supposed to change to get this information? Currently there are no information at all when holding the mouse on any unit..
    EDIT: according to this thread it's caused by a line in vanilla medieval2.preference.cfg

Disable Unit Info In Battles

To disable info about units in battles:

Change "show_tooltips = 1" to "show_tooltips = 0"

My vanilla ui section is like this:

[ui]
    SA_cards = show
    buttons = show
    full_battle_HUD = 1
    radar = show
    show_tooltips = 1
    unit_cards = show

Hope it wil help you
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; February 17, 2018 at 06:33 AM.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    EDIT: according to this thread it's caused by a line in vanilla medieval2.preference.cfg

Disable Unit Info In Battles

To disable info about units in battles:

Change "show_tooltips = 1" to "show_tooltips = 0"

My vanilla ui section is like this:

[ui]
    SA_cards = show
    buttons = show
    full_battle_HUD = 1
    radar = show
    show_tooltips = 1
    unit_cards = show

Hope it wil help you
    I've chosen to include your Death Knights/Dismounted Death Knights for the Forsaken faction - with it's unique horse-texture and body-texture. However, i cannot seem to find the proper attachment-file - as the forsakenarms-file is working for the shield but not for the lance. And the original texture will end up giving it the Scourge texture for attachmentsets?

- The Havamal

New stuff added during the night part 1:

- Sulfurion's High/Blood Elves previewed before.

- Sulfurions armour upgrades for NE Warriors and Spearmen plus two additional ones for Sentinels and the Heavy Spearmen. Including the mounted versions of the Sentinels and the Warriors.

- WarcraftHero's big list of reskins for Bats, Bat riders, Hydras, Forsaken Death Knights/Death Knight Horses, Wolfs etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-02-19 05-28-02-104.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 06-57-25-344.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-37-30-398.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-37-39-763.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-37-52-845.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-38-30-675.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-41-25-237.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-41-45-025.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-42-05-888.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-43-14-767.jpg  

- The Havamal

New stuff added the previous night part 2:

- WarcraftHero's remaining reskins.

- Bantu Chieftain's new Vrykuls/Varguls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-42-43-870.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-42-53-804.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-44-19-365.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-44-34-465.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-45-08-383.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-45-44-479.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 08-43-21-389.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 08-51-27-140.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-14-49-686.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-19-31-087.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 19, 2018 at 03:19 AM.

- The Havamal

There is an issue with the High Elven faction..

- Some units are using Blood Elven textures for the whole unit (or attachmentset) even though it is written High_Elf on Quel'Thalas and Blood_Elf on Venice..

- I do not know what is causing this issue and would think it's probably best for WarcraftHero or Bantu to solve this issue - as they know what texture is what. I don't know anymore because they are too many.

I think perhaps the problem could be that Bantu started creating just one for whole units, when previously they used two - maybe the attachmentset is overwritten by the body-file or something. I think i am gonna upload and send because i don't have the patience to solve this type of bug.

Working fine in an older version with this code:

Code:
    10 quelthalas 
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/high_elf_body.texture 
    70 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_body_normal.texture 
    57 unit_sprites/england_Dismounted_Feudal_Knights_sprite.spr
    6 venice 
    63 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_body.texture 
    5 slave
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/wretched_body.texture 
    10 quelthalas 
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/high_elf_arms.texture 
    70 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_arms_normal.texture 0
    6 venice 
    63 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_arms.texture 
    5 slave
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/wretched_arms.texture 
    New version has basically the same code - but BE textures shows for some units:

Code:
    10 quelthalas 
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/high_elf_body.texture 
    6 venice 
    63 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_body.texture 
    5 slave
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/wretched_body.texture 
    10 quelthalas 
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/high_elf_arms.texture 
    6 venice 
    63 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/blood_elf_arms.texture 
    5 slave
    62 unit_models/_Units/warcraft/elf/textures/wretched_arms.texture 
    EDIT:

The Vindicators had the BE attachmentsets but i managed to fix it - the others didn't change after applying the same texture. Vindicators had the same original one, but was fixed unlike the others by adding the current one for it's body.

- Arcane Guardians are as they should, but i suggest reskining it into blue/green for the HE.

- Arcanists, Priests and Spellbreakers show up like in the pictures even though the entries are the same as before - when they were blue.

Second edit:

I had replaced the files with one of Bantu's fixes - and they caused the issue..

Guess i will need to rename the new file for the attachmentset.

Then i will add units to the descr_strat and possibly the recruitment in the EDB.

- As for balancing i guess Bantu wanted to finish it and i don't really enjoy doing it anyway. So that still remains, as well as the final portraits ( i will help with this), the music (which i gladly do) and the adding of the rebels to regions and settlements ( i will do this).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-02-19 11-58-43-413.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 11-58-53-195.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 11-59-04-016.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 11-59-08-682.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 11-58-58-445.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 19, 2018 at 05:26 AM.

- The Havamal

Warcraft Total War: Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves VS Kingdom of Quel'Thalas (Updated Rosters)!

"The Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves are fighting the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas.
    - Blood Elves have new textures for a few units compared to before, and Quel'Thalas has five new units as well as some reskinned ones as well.
    Enjoy this "what-if" battle - as these two factions are basically one and the same but in different eras."

- The Havamal

Centenarius

I've chosen to include your Death Knights/Dismounted Death Knights for the Forsaken faction - with it's unique horse-texture and body-texture. However, i cannot seem to find the proper attachment-file - as the forsakenarms-file is working for the shield but not for the lance. And the original texture will end up giving it the Scourge texture for attachmentsets?
    I remember that the textures were made by Eoghan, not me, he also did the unit card. Anyway i have sent you a PM with the fix for this. Thank you for the previews, good job everyone

I remember that the textures were made by Eoghan, not me, he also did the unit card. Anyway i have sent you a PM with the fix for this. Thank you for the previews, good job everyone
    I see - no problem man .

- I have finished the descr_strat and updated it with all the new units since novembre 27. I have also finished half the recruitment of the EDB and updated the custom battle menu - the era:s are now properly made up.

Era 0: Ordinary Units.

Era 1: Ordinary Units and Regional Units.

Era 2: Ordinary, Regional and mercenaries.

Era 3/All: All units available.

I have properly implemented your spawning scripts for the Forsaken and the Blood Elves, edited and in my opinion fixed the text when they spawn, added alliances to the spawning factions (Blood Elves/Sin'Dorei is an ally of the Naga immediately - and are at war with the Rebels and the Scarlet Crusade immediately as well, the Forsaken is an ally of the Horde immediately - and is at war with the Scarlet Crusade, the rebels and any remnant Lordaeron entity as well) and changed the composition of their armies so that they have 20 units instead of 18 - and all are unique for the BE while only two are the same for the Forsaken.

I figured that there may still be areas where Lordaeron is still present, as the only requirement is to have the Quel'Thalas faction down to one settlement and Lordaeron conquered by the Scourge - that is the city of Lordaeron so the faction may still hold other territories. And they would probably want their capital back hence they are at war with the Forsaken.

I will try doing some spawning scripts myself by looking at yours. But if you want to i would appreciate it if you could add another Blood Elven army attacking the Sunwell at the same turn - and probably add additional three armies for the Scarlet Crusade that could spawn at Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand and Stratholme if those areas are conquered by the Scourge and Lordaeron is either defeated or down to one settlement.

A faction can be spawning even if it's playable. Then we would have Barean in Northrend to play with at first. But if Lordaeron is crushed and any of the regions mentioned conquered by the Scourge - then Scarlet Crusaders could spawn at the region currently conquered - using the former Lordaeron generals that controlled those three settlements.

Also - what area in Northrend would be a good location for an AI Blood Elven faction to spawn at?

I am thinking the Naga may need some help there from the Blood Elves.

So basically we would have three spawning factions.

1. Forsaken - Spawn by invading Lordaeron city when it's conquered by the Scourge - and the Quel'Thalas faction is down to only one settlement or none - Implemented.

2. Blood Elves/Sin'Dorei - Spawn by invading Silvermoon City when Quel'Thalas is conquered by the Scourge (Implemented) - but could use two additional armies, one spawning at the Sunwell and the other at a proper location in Northrend to help the Naga fight the Scourge there.

3. The Scarlet Crusade - Spawn additional armies at Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand and Stratholme whenever those regions are taken by the Scourge - and Lordaeron is beaten or down to one settlement.

What do you guys think?

ISSUES:

- Also, Sulfurion's retexture of the Elven Silverguards is missing a texture for the sword - it's all grey.

- Elven Cavalry has white banners.

- Some human cav has Argent Dawn banners even though they should not.

Edit:

I've added pics of the said issues, the said changes that i've implemented based on WarcraftHero's files and then i have also added a Red Drake bodyguard for the Dark Horde leader Rend - using the Blackhand model.

The NE had a general in the campaign, previewing it in case Bantu forgot about it because it's not the one used as a stratgeneral.

And finally pics of the new Ymirjar Champions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-26-37-890.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-19 09-26-50-004.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-20 14-25-46-050.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-20 16-23-10-226.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-22 12-30-15-537.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-02-22 12-30-01-425.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-22 12-41-52-484.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-22 12-41-59-189.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-22 13-57-36-316.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-22 13-18-02-338.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 22, 2018 at 09:18 AM.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

I see - no problem man .

2. Blood Elves/Sin'Dorei - Spawn by invading Silvermoon City when Quel'Thalas is conquered by the Scourge (Implemented) - but could use two additional armies, one spawning at the Sunwell and the other at a proper location in Northrend to help the Naga fight the Scourge there.

3. The Scarlet Crusade - Spawn additional armies at Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand and Stratholme whenever those regions are taken by the Scourge - and Lordaeron is beaten or down to one settlement.

ISSUES:

- Elven Cavalry has white banners.

- Some human cav has Argent Dawn banners even though they should not.
    So:

2. Yes i can add additional armies as you said but led by who? Any characters in particular as the spawning general?

3. Ok i agree, so your idea is that if, for example, after the Scourge conquers Tyr's Hand where Saidan Dathrohan is the governor at the start of the campaign; a Scarlet army with him as the general will spawn the next turn and siege it. It can be done but it can create some weird cases: If the original governor of that said settlement is moved by the AI in another point of the map this could cause the existence of two same characters, one controled by Lordaeron and the other by the Scarlet Crusade.
    Wouldn't be better using the random_name instead?

Elven Cavalry having white banners is caused by a string assigned to them in the EDU:

banner faction argent_cavalry

delete it

So:

2. Yes i can add additional armies as you said but led by who? Any characters in particular as the spawning general?

3. Ok i agree, so your idea is that if, for example, after the Scourge conquers Tyr's Hand where Saidan Dathrohan is the governor at the start of the campaign; a Scarlet army with him as the general will spawn the next turn and siege it. It can be done but it can create some weird cases: If the original governor of that said settlement is moved by the AI in another point of the map this could cause the existence of two same characters, one controled by Lordaeron and the other by the Scarlet Crusade.

Elven Cavalry having white banners is caused by a string assigned to them in the EDU:

delete it
    1. My suggestion is to look at the WoWwiki. Or i could do that but i don't have the names in my head.

2. Yes, that's my idea - i do not think it will be a problem as long as Lordaeron is also down to one settlement (that Kul'Tiras Ireland) or two (Menethil Harbor).

It's very unlikely that the Lordaeron counterpart would still be alive. I think the leaders should either be those guys or the ones who led the Scarlet Crusade in lore. Not sure who exactly but could look it up.

I will send you the files you requested over PM.

Thanks for the Farraki portraits btw - and just for everybody reading:

Sulfurion has created building pics for most Undead Culture buildings - in use by the Scourge, Forsaken, Qiraji, Nerubians and the Legion.

They are Scourge buildings due to there being limits on how many cultures can be in the game.

He also added new strat-map city models for the Naga and the Burning Legion.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Ok, i'll look into the wiki.

Yes that building pictures are very good, congratulations to Sulfurion

But the .tga files have to be copied even outside the "construction" folder otherwise when you do right click on them, vanilla cards will be displayed instead of Sulfurion's ones. Look at the structure of the "buildings" folder of the northern_european culture for example.

So:

delete it
    That can be solved if we replace the Scarlet characters present in Lordaeron so far (Saidan Dathrohan and Galvar Pureblood if I recall correctly) and give them to the Scarlets instead. Instead we just give Lordaeron someone else (will have to think who). The only reason I gave those characters to Lordaeron was that, since they were high ranking military leaders of the Scarlet Crusade, I figured that in Lordaeron times they were also important somehow, and just "transferred" over when it fell, kind of like Garithos.

Also I agree with Mr_Nygren that it makes sense for the Forsaken and Scarlets to spawn even though Lordaeron as a faction is not destroyed, because even though the kingdom itself as a monarchy collapsed, there were regions still free (Southshore, Silverpine, etc)

As for the texture issues with the Silverguard, I have no idea.. because I didn't even touch their weapons at all.

Also, maybe it would be best though if the Scarlets and Forsaken didn't spawn exactly as each settlement was taken, otherwise it would leave no room for the Scourge to actually expand and solidify, and the Scourge as a faction is already passive enough I think, due to being spread in two continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    That can be solved if we replace the Scarlet characters present in Lordaeron so far (Saidan Dathrohan and Galvar Pureblood if I recall correctly) and give them to the Scarlets instead. Instead we just give Lordaeron someone else (will have to think who). The only reason I gave those characters to Lordaeron was that, since they were high ranking military leaders of the Scarlet Crusade, I figured that in Lordaeron times they were also important somehow, and just "transferred" over when it fell, kind of like Garithos.

Also I agree with Mr_Nygren that it makes sense for the Forsaken and Scarlets to spawn even though Lordaeron as a faction is not destroyed, because even though the kingdom itself as a monarchy collapsed, there were regions still free (Southshore, Silverpine, etc)

As for the texture issues with the Silverguard, I have no idea.. because I didn't even touch their weapons at all.

Also, maybe it would be best though if the Scarlets and Forsaken didn't spawn exactly as each settlement was taken, otherwise it would leave no room for the Scourge to actually expand and solidify, and the Scourge as a faction is already passive enough I think, due to being spread in two continents.
    I agree, also - this Garithos guy could probably be added to the mod later as well. As for the Scarlet leaders i would think they are:

1. Saidan Dathrohan - Stratholme Commande, should spawn outside Stratholme.

2. Abbendis - Leader of Tyr's Hand, should spawn there.

3. Taelan Fordring - Commander of Hearthglen, should spawn there.

Additional characters that could spawn:

Brigitte Abbendis - founder of the Scarlet Onslaught who attacked Northrend later.

The Scourge is way too weak in EK - they need some kind of spawning script too but in their case they should spawn at regular intervalls like someone suggested before. As long as Icecrown isn't conquered?

This way they won't get owned that easily. Like having stacks spawn every tenth turn or something so long as Icecrown isn't taken?

Or let's just give them more armies in EK.

- The Havamal