Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306356381396397398399400401402403404405406
Results 8,101 to 8,102 of 8102

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 2.3! (updated 2022-09-05)

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...blic-beta-v-10

- New family members and ancillaries by Thrugg.

Thrugg over at the Warcraft: Total War Discord has finished a pretty big package for this mod adding new family members, traits and ancillaries to both campaigns - this includes items of the characters, their proper titles and additional heroes for some factions on the map.

I've included his entire package from 7th September 2021 and the mod has been play-tested and is still stable.

The Horde starts outside of their areas in the Reign of Chaos-campaign now.

Note: The traits won't work in the new release because something went wrong when I tried to port his new traits to my WIP. It will need to be fixed in the next release, so don't expect working traits in the new 2.3 release.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- New UI-Info cards for all the Trolls and the rest of the Humans!

So there were at least one unit of the Humans who didn't have a Unit_Info-card - or rather it did exist but wasn't in use due to an incorrect name of the file.

- Abeam over at the Warcraft: Total War Discord fixed this issue.

Then he finished new UI-cards for all the Troll factions in the mod - the Gurubashi, the Farraki, the Drakari and the Amani - 72 units - and then he also finished the additional cards for the Darkspear Trolls in use by the Horde, the Smolderthorne Trolls in use by the Dark Horde and for the Zandalari Trolls in use by the Rebels and any of the Troll Factions who conquer their Capital of Zul'Dazar (If I remember the name correctly).

So he's been making over 72 new unit info cards in the same style as Sulfurion's old cards.

- Nerfed Blood Elven/Sin'Dorei starting economy and garrisons!

I've nerfed the starting armies of the Blood Elves/Sin'Dorei and cut their economy in half.

All their starting garrisons are nerfed in the same way - the campaign will now be challenging, and the player might need to evacuate Northrend and return there later during the campaign!

- Nerfed Scarlet Crusade starting garrisons!

I've nerfed the starting armies of the Scarlet Crusade.

- Regent-Lord Lor'Themar Theron now has his correct battle-model!

So in the release of May 4th 2021 Regent-Lord Lor'Themar Theron of the Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves had a faulty "Mounted Blood Knights" generic model in battle, and I've replaced this model with the proper "Blood Blades"-variant of a model that he has on the strategic map.

He now has the same model in battle as on the map.

I've also changed all the spawning garrisons of the garrison-script so that there won't be any casters/mages spawning anymore. This was done because I disliked playing as the Naga and whenever I besieged the Night Elves they did spawn four or more Druids who could massacre the Naga-armies from a distance without me even being able to reach them.

Needless to say the casters needed to be removed from the spawning garrisons.

- Warcraft: Total War V. 2.3 Uploaded & Released!

Changes include but are not limited to:

1. Many new traits & ancillaries by Thrugg - for many additional family members.

2.Over 70 new unit_info-cards by Abeam - for mostly mercenaries and every Troll-unit of the mod.

3. Fixing of bugs, including the Ahn'Qhiraj general and the Naga general Najentus who would both cause a crash to desktop in melee.

4. Given a bunch of units the "berserker" mental state & the "Warcry"-attribute.

5. Garrison Script remade in both campaigns - First off all the mages/casters have been removed.

6. Bandit Raiders fixed - they used to not be able to attack any other unit in melee.

7. Blood Elves and Scarlet Crusade starting armies nerfed - they've been remade into basic/medium with very few elite infantry units.

8. Lordaeron, Quel'Thalas and Stromgarde starting army numbers in the RoC-campaign cut in half - with their best units replaced with weaker units.

9. The Scourge and the Vrykul are now allies in both campaigns.

10. The Farraki Trolls have a Huge_City capital instead of a large_city capital.

11. The Farraki Trolls unit Sandfury Darkcallers fixed.

12.The Ahn'Qiraj cavalry nerfed.

13. Trade Coalition giants - the Colossal Warform added to the recruitment.

14. Prince Muradin of Khaz'Modan moved to Frosthold in Northrend in the FT-campaign.

15. The Horde starts with Stoneard in the Eastern Kingdoms in the FT-campaign.

16. Regent-Lord Lor'Themar Theron for the Blood Elves in the Frozen Throne-campaign - now has the same battle model in battle as he has on the strat-map.

17. Population growth required to upgrade settlements tweaked - should be the same as in the Warhammer Alt-Cut mod - slower.

18. Starting Economies tweaked - less money at the start for most factions.

Might be other tweaks and fixes in here as well.

- Unit_Info-Cards for every faction & every unit by Abeam!

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...-unit-by-abeam

Abeam has finished the remaining Unit_Info cards/pictures in the mod for all the units of every faction that lacked them, this is after he had already done the mercenaries and the Trolls previously - I believe that Sulfurion had done most of the Humans, the Night Elves and the Scourge - but Abeam has now finished the rest of the cards. I had done a few cards in a different style for some factions but those have been replaced so that the style is now consistent and uniform with Sulfurion's style.

Unit_Info-cards are saved-game compatible and can be easily added over the existing folders. I'd suggest downloading this package instead of the full mod if you have already gotten the mod back in July 2022 or later.

Place the folder inside of WTW/data/UI/"here" and overwrite the files of the folder with the same name.

This package is compatible with all versions of Warcraft: Total War as long as the units do have the same English code-names.

There are a few rebel-units without unit_info cards still.

Credits for version 2.3:

- Mr_Nygren - New Gameplay additions, improvements and fixing of bugs.

- Thrugg - New Family Members, Horde starting locations (RoC) Ancillaries and Traits - traits do not function properly though because I failed to port his traits correctly.

- Abeam - New Unit_Info Cards for 99% of the units that lacked them.

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

I've made a development-cycle video out of all the development-pictures taken during the development of new strat-map models for Warcraft: Total War between April 6th - April 16th & April 19th to April 23rd 2021:

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal