Page 390 of 405 FirstFirst ... 290 340 365 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8083

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

I have done a large number of strat map agents and still a part to be done. I may be able to finish in 2 hours everything so it would be ready for release.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    I even tried a 20 mountain giants vs 20 infernals battle and I still got no ctd.

For me the battles were most stabile part of the mod so far.
    Did you zoom in on them?

Still sounds Crazy.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    I have done a large number of strat map agents and still a part to be done. I may be able to finish in 2 hours everything so it would be ready for release.
    That would be great. Then i Will spend the night adding it all.

Also, Infernals are infantry and cannot be three like the Giants who are cav and elephants.

They need to be eleven or something.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    That would be great. Then i Will spend the night adding it all.

Also, Infernals are infantry and cannot be three like the Giants who are cav and elephants.

They need to be eleven or something.
    I remember someone saying that if a city has too many vertices, the battle will crash. So, if there are too many vertices in our army, it would crash.

I am just done adding all the stratmodels and reskins for all agents and ships sent to me, and that was a large amount of material - i am now forced to wait on the final ship reskins for the Humans, Burning Legion, Orcs/Trolls and the dwarves - that's just about nine skins so not too many.

- Then we have an issue with three models that are more or less glitched, and i will need these either fixed or replaced - Dwarven Diplomat has a small glitch that will no doubt be corrected soon, Human Diplomat CTD the mod and needs to be fixed or replaced and finally the Dwarven Shaman has glitched textures that will need fixing as well.

When i have implemented the nine ship reskins, and got the fixes for the three troublesome strat-models - then i will let the AI play against the AI for an hour or so to make sure it's as stable as before. Then send to everyone in the team so they can have a look at it and decide if they want to improve anything or if they are pleased - Agent portraits when recruiting are still vanilla as an example - those portraits could be fixed but that is far from certain that it will be done before the release.

When everyone has voiced their opinions on the new version, i will create the article and release. So in a couple of hours i guess - but i'll first need those fixes and ship reskins. So it also depends on when Bantu is back.

I'll leave some pics down below, the rest i leave as surprises.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-04-22 00-58-53-284.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 00-59-02-966.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 01-06-16-532.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 01-06-27-613.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 13-58-33-168.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-04-22 01-06-38-306.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 01-06-53-884.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 12-21-11-319.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 14-19-19-209.jpg   kingdoms 2018-04-22 15-28-10-066.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 22, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

- The Havamal

When you create the moddb article, make sure not to make a gigantic article with too much information like the Demo, with tons of pictures and every single feature or who did what in the mod. It makes it a hassle to scroll down to the comments everytime. Just include the basic information as well as some of the issues that can be encountered.

The strat models look good, although many of them have that army banner pose and they look like they are scratching their heads or trying to reach for an invisible apple in an invisible tree. Kind of silly, but I guess there was not much time to give them proper poses according to each agent type.

I had some time today so I'm working on the Scourge unit descriptions. Perhaps I'll finish before you release it, if so I'll send them to you.

Did Warcrafthero managed to finish troll portraits in time? Since I'm a troll fanboy :p

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    When you create the moddb article, make sure not to make a gigantic article with too much information like the Demo, with tons of pictures and every single feature or who did what in the mod. It makes it a hassle to scroll down to the comments everytime. Just include the basic information as well as some of the issues that can be encountered.

The strat models look good, although many of them have that army banner pose and they look like they are scratching their heads or trying to reach for an invisible apple in an invisible tree. Kind of silly, but I guess there was not much time to give them proper poses according to each agent type.

I had some time today so I'm working on the Scourge unit descriptions. Perhaps I'll finish before you release it, if so I'll send them to you.
    Actually, i was gonna do an exact copy of that article but for the new version. We seldom update articles so it makes kinda sense to make giant ones once a year or so. Also, it's good if people can click "download" in the mods main page. But we could probably make more than one article with different topics.

About the models, we could go through them and give them appropriate poses - but some of them like the Dreadlords get glitched arms in the right pose, and they need to use the strat_general skeleton to look good.

Okay cool, what i think is really needed is pictures of the agents when recruiting them - instead of those vanilla spies, assassins etc. But there is no time to add that before the release - could be an update though.

Edit:

And i'll need to write what everyone did due to the credits obligation, otherwise no one knows who did what - and can't ask permission for using certain content. And i need to prove to MODDB authority that permissions were granted from those other mods, so they need to be credited in the fullest sense of the word.

I don't care about it taking time to scroll down to the comments.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Did Warcrafthero managed to finish troll portraits in time? Since I'm a troll fanboy :p
    He finished about fifty portraits so now less will have vanilla, but some will still have vanilla.

- The Havamal

Yes, the troll portraits are included

As Sulfurion wrote, the agents look like they're holding a banner, perhaps you assigned to them the strat_army animation in models_strat? Try giving to the priests, the priest animation, the same could be done for the others. In case you need, these are the strat animations included:

Code:
    general_legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    princess
    standard_legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    strat_assassin
    strat_diplomat
    strat_merchant
    strat_named_with_army
    strat_named_with_army_Dwarf
    strat_named_with_army_Orc
    strat_navy
    strat_priest
    strat_spy
    witch

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Yes, the troll portraits are included

As Sulfurion wrote, the agents look like they're holding a banner, perhaps you assigned to them the strat_army animation in models_strat? Try giving to the priests, the priest animation, the same could be done for the others. In case you need, these are the strat animations included:

Code:
    general_legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    princess
    standard_legion_pole (RTW leftover)
    strat_assassin
    strat_diplomat
    strat_merchant
    strat_named_with_army
    strat_named_with_army_Dwarf
    strat_named_with_army_Orc
    strat_navy
    strat_priest
    strat_spy
    witch
    I'd guess you didn't read my answer above, i already know about these.. Like i said certain models look glitched using those. They need to be tested and we won't have time to do that. I already did test Dreadlords and their arms stretch when using anything else rather than the strat_general.

- The Havamal

Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA Version 1.0 has been released!

Link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-t...blic-beta-v-10

Article will be created soon for MODDB.

- The Havamal

Vladyvid's Avatar Ducenarius

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now, how am i to work on my mod when this is out? Hehe, the great dillemas of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Now, how am i to work on my mod when this is out? Hehe, the great dillemas of life!
    Thanks, i believe the entire team is very excited right now - yeah, i can understand you wanting to play while at the same time wanting to work on your mod.

I haven't played much of any mod since 2016 besides playtesting due to work on projects. I am now taking a vacation from modding to play this, and other releases by other teams (Gothic, Elder Scrolls, Third Age, BotET) as well as my other releases.

I haven't played GoT, TLK:WotN etc more than when playtesting. So a vacation is needed now =). But Warcraft especially.

Plus i do need to fix real life issues as well. I wish you good luck with Faerun and do hope you'll find ways to do both .

Btw, if any moderator reads this - we'd like this thread moved to "released mods" - also, we want administrator rights over this thread.. Only TheHappyCrusader has that - and we think the first page needs to be updated with the recent release - unless a new sub-forum is granted of course.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 23, 2018 at 02:12 AM.

- The Havamal

Vladyvid's Avatar Ducenarius

Cheers mate! Well, i have to say, ever since my WoW days, it has been one of my total war dreams to see a mod like this. So this is just beyond great!

Lok'tar ogar!

edit: Oh yeah, and + rep for all the team, its the least i can do.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; April 23, 2018 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you Vladyvid, your mod is going to be really great too

Sulfurion, you shouldn't have replaced my custom hero models in use in the descr_strat by rebel heroes..

You replaced my "disciples of hakkar" with "disciples of hakkar bodyguards" - this caused an instant CTD when trying to fight an RTS battle in Zul'Mamwe or the other regions held by rebel Gurubashi. I will go throught the file replacing all "bodyguards" - maybe officers work, but bodyguards do not - they are the bodyguard of the general - not to be used as the actual general.

I know you didn't want any harm, but next time don't change things just because it looks better if it is a bodyguard as the custom model. Remember that i always playtest after each small change, when you replace such things you are causing that testing to have been for nothing. Adding garrisons doesn't mean replacing custom generals of leaders etc.

We need to update the mod after fixing these CTD issues.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 23, 2018 at 04:06 AM.

- The Havamal

Well my Amani campaign, as expected was brutal. After a couple of good and bad turns I lost my capital and my beloved Warlord Zul'jin. At least I was able to destroy a major Elven army and kill Vareesa before this happened, so revenge was partially taken. After I was isolated in Jintha'Alor and Shadra'Alor I had a fairly good economy as I lost majority of my armies and their upkeep cost. I focused on development for a while. Many has offered ceasefire with the exception of Lordaeron which kept asking me to be their vassal. Out of boredom I sailed to Kul Tiras and took Boralus. But 2 turns later a Stromgardian army landed and took it back. Than I took Sunwell, an Elven army landed and took it back. AI is indeed pretty aggressive. And it made me realize that I'm a player :p

A lot of tweaking is needed for the campaign. But its pretty fun and playable right now.

Amani have the worst game position, followed closely by Naga. Scarlets are okay if you manage to build early.

I think at least the capitals should have the first or second tiers of recruitment already built at start.

Scourge still gets owned in EK. Possibly due to Lordaeron having a massive economy that supports a lot of armies.

I'm not sure if AI handles them well, but a lot of strategical places can get permanent forts.
    Last edited by Tureuki; April 23, 2018 at 04:47 AM.