Thread: games that you can mod

Default games that you can mod

wich games can you mod like RTW??

Half Life II is really beautifully equipped for modding.

and STALKER is promising to be modder heaven too..

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

I can mod RTW a little bit, but i plan to go modding Battlefield 2 when it comes out, i heard the tools are really user friendly

I can not mod but skin half-life mod called day of defeat and simulation game il-2 sturmovik, now i'm looking forward to start modding fs2004
    Manstein16 This is especially for you and your bill.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

The unreal engine (Unreal tournament 2004 for example) is the most easily engine ive ever seen, and the editor is extremely powerful.

Yeah, UT2K4 is incredibly simple to mod.

I've modded a bunch of games myself, Emperor: Battle for Dune and Homeworld mostly though. The first of the two I actually released something like 3 dozen mods (and I was actually in charge of the modding boards at the official Dune gaming forum) Mostly simple, but a few fairly nice. I did a Kadeshi mod for Homeworld, if you're familiar with it.

Halo, Halo 2(yes Halo 2), All the Total War games and a few others.

http://darthvader.forumup.com
    Staff needed! Please e-mail me(darthvader11@optonline.net) about that and your username (on this site and my site). And I might make you a Moderator!

Many games can be modded quite easily.

The first mod I created was for Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. In the training missions there are these target things, I changed the target from the original to Osama Bin Laden.

I also modded and made missions for Operation Flashpoint like crazy back in the day. My addon folder was so full sometimes that I couldnt start the game.
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lila-laune-bär
    Hearts of Iron 2.
    All Paradox Entertainment games

Warcraft is extreamly easy to mod/make maps.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

By saying "Mod like TW" your asking which games severely limit modding so you have to reverse engineer and create hack tools for, which i'm sure you dont mean, lol.

Well heres a list of what I remember that you can make TC (Total Conversion mods, ie new models, interfaces, etc., IE. not like Warcraft's "modding" which is just using the default system with scripts.

Space Empires 4
    Civilization 2&3
    Alpha Centauri
    Almost any First Person Shooter especially Quake and Unreal. Unreal's editor is INCREDIBLY good.
    Fallout Tactics
    Homeworld
    Doom (lol, beavis and butthead, alien doom)
    Warhammer Dawn of War (simular to Homeworld's modding)
    Neverwinter Nights (c++ scripting, sequel promises more)

There is a lot more than that but thats all i can think of. A lot of games have been moddable and its not just recently too. I remember a while back in the 80s(i think) there was a Bard's Tale construction set.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.