Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machinegun vs. Katana

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Default Machinegun vs. Katana

Awesome video pitting .50 calibur bullets against a Katana:

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/608

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

EeSang's Avatar Hak Saeng

Jesus christ that's awesome. First few swords were "normal" swords that were taken apart in the first hit or so. The last one was a Japanese Katana, that took 7 hits to take break.

It was freaking cutting the bullets in half.

If I spam, give me another half hour to wake up completely.

they ARE well made.

I wonder if those other swords though were equally well made for their respective culture or were they just ripoffs?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

what other swords? in the video there was only the Katana...

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

That is incredible. They sure don't make things like they used to.

i didn't see the video since my isp is annoying but

First few swords were "normal" swords that were taken apart in the first hit or so.
    made me think there was more
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

anyone speaks japanese? i want to know what they are saying. I know they were saying something while the slow-mo as the katana split the bullets in half.

Now remember now, that was a large 50.cal machine gun and that thing is extremely powerful, with a good burst, you can actually cut a man in half and shoot through a humvee very easily.

Strange not only japanese, but korean subtitles also show up after the japanese subtitles. The white bit must be korean if I am correct and the orange subitle is japanese yes? No?

White subtitles are indeed Korean.
    They say nothing much, just that "Katana is broken and lets see what happened through 1/700 slow-mo cam." and "Machine gun vs Katana - Machine gun wins"
    BTW, Katana IS really well made, I'm quite surprised

Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTang
    Awesome video pitting .50 calibur bullets against a Katana:

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/608
    That is amazing.
    I knew they were well done but damn.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default A rough translation

At the beginning the narrator says "which will win a Katana or a machine gun"

"The Katana was broken"
    "How did it break lets look at what happened using a super slow motion camera"
    "First bullet"
    "Second Bullet" (background people: wow the second bullet was really a clean cut)
    "Third Bullet" (background people: it cut it in half!)
    "Fourth bullet" (background people: it exploded!)
    "Fifth Bullet" (not too sure what they are saying int he bacjground)
    "Sixth Bullet" (background people: waaa wooo it cut it it cut it)
    "Seventh Bulelt" (backgroun people: ahhh it broke!)

cut to the man in white

"amazing!"
    "ahh it was torn up badly"
    Announcer: "The katana was broken on the 7th bullet"
    Man in white: "It is kind of sad it was destroyed but it sure put up a really good fight"

This is from a Japanese show called "Trivia" it is on every Wednesday night at 9:00pm. The last really neat thing they shwoed was that if you put a blastic 500ml bottle of Ginger Ale in the freezer for 90 minutes and then removed it, it would start to turn to ice the minute you opened it outside of the freezer! Sounds crazy but it worked right on the camera.

Hope this helps guys
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Dan_Grr's Avatar Dan the Man

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL_MAXIMUS

The man is a bit sluggish with the sword.
    Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to. - Plutarch, c. A.D. 46-120

Under the wise patronage of cunobelin

That's wicked awesome. Sure, the machine gun won eventually, but if one were precise enough, they could slice about nine bullets and then carve up the guy with the gun. In theory, it's plausible, though you could only do it once and then die horribly if there were other guns trained on you. Of course, you would then have to worry about shrapnel and bullet slices impaling you. Best idea is to just pack heat in the first place. Nevertheless, I am impressed with the workmanship on those swords.

And did anyone else check out the other videos on that site? The UFO one was a little freaky. I mean, those are experiemental US military craft from what I know of it, but he can summon them at will? That's insane stuff. 0_o

Now let's throw a human head at it! :d

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflare
    That's wicked awesome. Sure, the machine gun won eventually, but if one were precise enough, they could slice about nine bullets and then carve up the guy with the gun. In theory, it's plausible, though you could only do it once and then die horribly if there were other guns trained on you. Of course, you would then have to worry about shrapnel and bullet slices impaling you. Best idea is to just pack heat in the first place. Nevertheless, I am impressed with the workmanship on those swords.

And did anyone else check out the other videos on that site? The UFO one was a little freaky. I mean, those are experiemental US military craft from what I know of it, but he can summon them at will? That's insane stuff. 0_o
    When I was little I wondered whether a thrown sharp knive can stab and destroy bullet itself, now its proven, well the not the end bit, but the edge of a katana, awesome.

Now let's throw a human head at it! :d
    It would knock the sword out on the floor, unless someone is holding the katana, it will slice through I think.

Duh! Something was holding it up or all those bullets would've tipped it over. Think man!

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Duh! Something was holding it up or all those bullets would've tipped it over. Think man!
    Lol I made a mistake in my writing, sorry, I know someone is holding it it will tip if not, but for a head you will need someone with a lot more strength, because if a human head was FIRED! the impact it would had than a small bullet. lol

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If I remember correctly, a katana blade is made up of 1000 layers of reinforced steel and wire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast