Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Just another variable that you can tweak to effect AI aggression

War and Peace.

Less aggression lower it, more aggression i presume raise it, to low and nations become idle.
    Try 900-1000 range

Cheers again Matte for the work and av a good break, i appreciate now after ai tweaking its a long and sometimes tedious business.

Mughal ai just took Celon btw my latest campaign hehe.

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Because the ai can't do naval invasions across theaters. CA has said they'll try to fix this in the next patch.
    I don't know if it was 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3, but I did see Britain send John Churchill and an army to the Thirteen Colonies.

I also heard that the Mughal Empire navally invaded Persia (including the European part of Persia, not just the Indian part)/Ottoman Empire via their navy in patch 1. APE:TI.

Thanks Dogmeat, as the forum state I ecourage discussion and feel free to find variables and try how they work when changing them. I suspect the 1.4 patch will drastically change the CAI and I hope I dont have to modify it to much.

That said I think the following three areas would still need tweaking to fit the "new" balance and gameplay of Proper Empire - Terra Incognita.

-Spending levels
    -Troop Priority
    -Defence / Attack priority

If CA just could release 1.4 so I can play again.

hehe i know the feeling matte, after weeks of ai tuning ETW is a bit like the Wizard of OZ after u discover he is just a little old man behind a big flashy curtain.

Ooh yea i hope 1.4 does add a few IQ points to our special ed ai friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Ooh yea i hope 1.4 does add a few IQ points to our special ed ai friend.
    Amen to that!

Still no news of the patch. The good thing is I am forgetting about Empire so it will be like a new game when the patch comes out.

I am now playing HOI3, talk about a complex strategy game and the game strategy and AI is like being on another planet.

Paradox should create the strategy and CA can create the eye candy.. Ok check in again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Still no news of the patch. The good thing is I am forgetting about Empire so it will be like a new game when the patch comes out.

I am now playing HOI3, talk about a complex strategy game and the game strategy and AI is like being on another planet.

Paradox should create the strategy and CA can create the eye candy.. Ok check in again soon.

actually matte that sound like a damm fine idea, modding was meant to improve the Empire experience for me, but when you start pulling your hair out over factors beyond your control it kinda defeats the purpose

maybe it is time to change to a new game hehe.

Hegemon de Pagan's Avatar Libertus

Matte - stupid question, how can i feel ur mod is properly instaled or smthn? I copy ai pack file to data folder and MOd Manager create user script file. Everything looks fine, but ingame i still cannot make a peace even if i crush enemy and t/o their lands. In new campaign i don;t feel difference also. Maybe better to play ad normal campaign difficulty cause default very hard settings?

Sadly I cant mod the diplomacy part of the game, thats why I am taking a break until CA fixes the diplomacy part.

To see that it works, two main things.

Small nations wont attack you out of the blue.
    The AI should build more infantry so have more troops.

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Is it possible to use this mod also with the dearthmod or only in ApE TI ?

compatible with 1.0.6 ? or even darthmod maybe?

Been playing with v5 today, and AI seems to use bigger stacks when it attacks. Something that's still annoying me tho is garrisoning. AI seems very keen on leaving its capital totally undefended when it goes off to fight wars, this is especially true for Netherlands, which can get ninja-killed by a minor when they're down in belgium fighting the spanish. Last game i actually saw them get killed off by a French naval invasion (yes really!).

And of course the most annoying 'bug', the fact that AI's seems to go to war with other countries even when they're already involved in one... I think that's up for CA to fix tho.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Your A.I tweaking is by far the best. I have noticed a trend or two however; Spain leaves it's main commercial port undefended and is constantly occupied by the barbary pirates. (Probably not your fault) Poland act's like Nazi Germany and fights every country around it. Could it be fixed by changing their war and peace factor?
    Can we change faction to faction specific traits? Maybe we can add depth by gearing relations by order of Religion<Government< Historic relations.
    If so, we could gear specific scenarios, like 7 years war for example.
    Have we identified a 'force peace' option? Is their a way to force the A.I ? To declare peace, maybe by 'resetting' Relations by swapping the A.I file for another one, loading the game, then swapping it out later?
    I ask because I doubt the patch will fullfill it's promises.

I am back. 1.4 rocks but some tweaking is never bad.

First I need to play vanilla, its actually pretty good now. Then new version of TI:APE then we will see if any tweaking is necessary.

Matte i saved an old version of the 1.3 vanilla patch ai, (if u need the table) just thought it would be interesting too compare it too 1.4 tables too see what values they changed in 1.4 too effect the improved behaviour.

happy tweakin.

Ok, lets get this AI to be even better. The 1.4 AI is pertty good. But I have a few tweaks in mind. No urgency as the vanilla AI plays very good.

The first is to set all the AI(s) to FULL AI and not just maintenace in the startpos.efs.

Second idea is to increase money spent on recruiting land units, right now its 25% and 40% on Navy. I suspect we should adjust this for the APE:TI prices to 30% or 35% on land units.

Last I might increase portion of artillery to 15% from 10%.

The rest of my old changes is most likely not needed.

hollowfaith's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm sorry if this was already answered but im to lazy to read through the 6 pages here and hopefully someone will see this, LOL...
    Can this CAI be used with the just the vanilla game without APE, and is it compatible with the 1.5 patch? Thanks in advance!!
    Rome II Total Realism (TW:R2) - Music composer.
    Rome Total Realism Project (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.
    Rome Total Realism: VII (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.

Authentic Ancient World: (TW:R2) - Music composer

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfaith View Post
    I'm sorry if this was already answered but im to lazy to read through the 6 pages here and hopefully someone will see this, LOL...
    Can this CAI be used with the just the vanilla game without APE, and is it compatible with the 1.5 patch? Thanks in advance!!
    This sub has been defunct since v1.4 I think -- Matte may be around but usually the sub-mods listed in the APE: TI sub-mod forums are compatible with... APE: TI.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

hollowfaith's Avatar Ordinarius

Alrighty then. Thank you l33tl4m3r!
    Rome II Total Realism (TW:R2) - Music composer.
    Rome Total Realism Project (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.
    Rome Total Realism: VII (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.

Authentic Ancient World: (TW:R2) - Music composer

I understand this mod is now integrated but just because this CAI mod had one of the best explanations/change logs in town ive treated this thread like a bit of a CAi RnD forum, so i just thought id mention another interesting set of lines

in campaign_ai_personality_junctions_tables
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_FOR_ENEMY
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_FOR_FRIEND
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_FOR_NEUTRAL
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_LAND_PATH
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_LAND_PATH
    HLP_DISTANCE_MULTIPLIER_SEA_PATH

these seem to control what i have coined the AI Seek range a modifier when it caclulate whether it will attempt an attack or move, ive trailled mutiplying up and dividing it with varied results, it could be a multiplier for ai moves or it could be a divisor. So experimenting here could be worthwhile,

anyway just thought id mention, and thnx Matte (if your still around) again for the mod and especially the excellent changelogs they taught me the ABC of some very useful tables many moons ago.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast