Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

r u guys usin mod manager to install this mod? when i load MM i can enable this mod but the main APETI mod files arent on the list as they are movie pack files.

what am i doin wrong?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    r u guys usin mod manager to install this mod? when i load MM i can enable this mod but the main APETI mod files arent on the list as they are movie pack files.

what am i doin wrong?
    You aren't doing anything wrong -- simply load this mod with ModManager and APE: TI will load on its own as a movie pack type!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

ah right i wasnt aware of how movie packs work.

cheers!

do i have to just put the properempire.pack file in data folder or do i have to copy the info from the readme into a textfile and copy it into the scripts if so, where do i start copying and what is ''--campaign_ai_personality_junctions-- (DB file name)'' Db file name?
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

do u use mod manager? is so just drop the pack file into the data folder and enable it via MM.

ok after playin a heap of turns in 2 seperate campaings (normal and hard) as prussia there seems to be a problem with the AI building up its military. i only have a stack and a half in my 3 regions yet i am the strongest military power in the game.

either all the AI countries are havin its armies wiped out or they just arent building troops. which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    do u use mod manager? is so just drop the pack file into the data folder and enable it via MM.

ok after playin a heap of turns in 2 seperate campaings (normal and hard) as prussia there seems to be a problem with the AI building up its military. i only have a stack and a half in my 3 regions yet i am the strongest military power in the game.

either all the AI countries are havin its armies wiped out or they just arent building troops. which one is it?
    Hmm, just did a test from start and see no issues with AI. They build up farily large garrisons when needed and mobile armies. Which turn are you on? Are the AI at peace?

Have they been fighting for a long time? The issue right now is the inability for the AI to do any type of diplomacy between themselves which make the game less fun. Thats why I am playing ARMA II..

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Hmm, just did a test from start and see no issues with AI. They build up farily large garrisons when needed and mobile armies. Which turn are you on? Are the AI at peace?

Have they been fighting for a long time? The issue right now is the inability for the AI to do any type of diplomacy between themselves which make the game less fun. Thats why I am playing ARMA II..
    Once CA fixes it so that the AI makes peace, trade deals and alliances with other AIs -I'll start playing again. I love the game, especially with APE:TI and your AI sub-mod; but this AI to AI diplomacy issue makes things just too unrealistic to reach a statisfactory level of immersion. It's as if all the AI countries are really just rebels, unable to do anything else but fight 100 year wars.

ive played 60 odd turns now and with 3 regions i have two stacks. my military rating is 50 which is stronger than all the other nations.

about wars, yep every nation is involved in 5 or 6 wars, just the usual BS! i can only assume that all the nations are simply wipin each others armies out.

really hope CA fix the diplomacy cos right now it dont exist.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

I wish I kept the set up I had, but when I used v3 of this mod and Darth mods campaign AI I saw naval invasions ( Spain to Florida, France to french guyana) And new trade routes open up. Does the AI not declare peace or make trade at all? What files did you change to affect naval recruitment? Im not seeing much from the major powers (France Spain)

Also, would this idea fly at all: Seperate AI's for beginning, middle and late campaigns?

Also, is anyone even listening to what we want for AI changes? The last patch update threat mentioned something about a Marathas invasion of the U.S....Nothing about A.I to A.I diplomacy

Also I had a what the hell moment: Austria, already at war with several nations, declares war against portugal. Portugal ?!

I wonder if a boycott will get their attention
    Last edited by Seraph07; July 18, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

I like the AI mod matte. It's done alot for me. The AI has declared war on me when they saw an opportune moment. (I leave one region undefended)

But WTF!? Mughal Empire has a protectorate in the Italian States?!... How does that happen?

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

foothold in europe? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    I like the AI mod matte. It's done alot for me. The AI has declared war on me when they saw an opportune moment. (I leave one region undefended)

But WTF!? Mughal Empire has a protectorate in the Italian States?!... How does that happen?

The Mughals have a protecterate? Atleast their using diplomacy now.

Some tell me, when you look at the complexity of the battle aspect of the game, how hard is it to get A.I to work?

I found a movement slip in the Spanish island of Weeward islands in the Americas.

My land units cannot move to the port connected to the island (which is currently infested with pirates)

Anyone able to figure this one out, or confirm this problem?

Im playing with Darthmods campaign A.I this campaign, and something unheard of happend - Spain offered me a peace treaty for 1000. Freaking amazing

In Matte's mod, the Italian States attacked one of my unguarded regions. (I am Knights of St. John) - I did alot of region trading, and now I am in every theater.

After I eliminated Italian's invasion army, they immediately offered a peace treaty and payed me 600 gold. 5 turns later they build up a greater army and attack me again. I hate this AI (a good thing), but it is awesome.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph07 View Post
    Im playing with Darthmods campaign A.I this campaign, and something unheard of happend - Spain offered me a peace treaty for 1000. Freaking amazing
    must be crap AI, spain would never surrender !!

jaja atleast were getting peace traties, which is good to hear, were onto something good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB_9fDuJmag

Pardon the noob question...but would I want to put this sub-mod in the bottom slot of the Mod Manager, with the APE:TI files directly above (and then normal game stuff above all that)? I'm having a hard time telling if the mod is actually working.

APE TI files are loaded as movies, you shouldn't be able to select whether you want to run them or not

I am still taking a break, but the last commect by CA is very promising they really seem to focus on campaign AI, finally.

You dont need to load the APE:TI mods in mod manager as Seraph07 correctly stated. Btw, I will be back to tweaking as soon as CA releases a new patch.

Is it just me ? ... i just landed with Troops in north america to face the Frogs ... who of course declared war withozut doing anything now like allways ... but now they put all their troops there together and ... i thought attack my captured town ... but no way, to go raiding Well however when i engaged this army, i thought like ok, this will be my first bigger Battle in this mod, lets see how it is, i realised it consists of 6 Regiments dragoons and one Native Americans any of course they did not get of the horses to engage me what would have at least been a small challenge, no they ride directly into my troops who were waiting covered behind a small wall

I am playing with this KI mod and on Hard difficulty, will this continue the whole game now ???? I so much hate CA that they do not finally bring out a major KI mod kit, anyone startet a petition where i can put my name under ?
    Last edited by Croshy; July 25, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast