Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI - Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

hmm this is nice never seen this before! are you using this su mod?

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI - Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    just thought id post a pic of some naval changes ive noticed since ai tweaking.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Btw i am Spain (spankys Flags) ai is Britain. Good news on ai changes bad news for me hehe.

I lifted the port defence value and navies load up a lot better, and the other ai war changes seems to make em invade different targets. IE that early brit invasion fleet is bigger (8 stack army inside) and attacked me rather than the barbaray.

EDIT: srry if im treating this as the unofficial AI modding forum, but mod workshop and other forums are a little quiet on this most important topic.
    What values did you change?

I also did some more testing and I have a few gripes left . But Overall AI seem to have a much better army.

One gripes beside diplomacy that bother me is that the CAI really need changes to target priority. The AI send full armies to raid enemy territory and do not change the target when needed. I wonder if there is a time out for armies target.

The issue I have seen is that the AI use large stack for raiding instead of defending or conquering territory.
    Last edited by Matte979; July 10, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

thats where i wished i kept a better changelog like you matte hehe

I changed the priorities for all Personalities at the same time, used the filter to do one at a time, and made sure that whatever i deducted i added on somewhere else so that there sum total remained the same. I think the army grouping and port defense values helped get the armies into the ships faster.

I cant remember the xact values i changes , was about 3am hehe so il Pm you the relevant DB tables matte.

EDIT: Since i cant attach to a PM, what a nub i am hehe here is a Link
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 12, 2009 at 01:49 PM.

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

Thanks Dogmeat, I will take a look for version 5. I did see significant army movements on fleets in v4, but in a lot of cases they AI troops either dont unload or freeze after unloading.

I just uploaded v4 and I am starting to really like the AI now, still I have 3 issues with the diplomacy left.

AI needs to make peace.
    AI needs to make alliances.
    AI needs to make new trade agreements.

All the above is up to CA.

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Improved Campaign AI v4 relased- Enhancement Mod for APE:TI + Discussion

AI troops either dont unload or freeze after unloading.
    This may have something to do with the AI calculating their chance of success before attacking. Since that threshold was increased, they're more reluctant to attack without backup.

I get the suspicious feeling that CA is testing the fans to see how many actually notice the difference whether the diplomatic AI works or not. Before 1.3, the AI was capable of making peace/trade/allies, yet people were screaming that the AI sucks. Now the AI couldn't do these things anymore, but most people don't seem to notice. Instead they're whining about the treaty broken bug and government change penalties. I mean I pay alot of attention to diplomacy myslf, and even I didn't notice that AI couldn't make dplomatic moves in 1.3, before I actually went and tested it.

It's not that we don't care, but if there is no notification for the diplomatic actions between AIs, nobody will notice the difference. CA has to fix the AI, AND give us notifications when they are making peace/trade/allies among themselves.
    Last edited by aeoleron9; July 14, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I noticed there's an AI entry that prioritizes what ships focus on: defending the coast, defending ports, patrolling neighbor's coast. They're numbered 3,2,1 respectively and I assume 3 is the highest priority. Anyone tried changing these so the AI will prioritize defending their ports?
    Ive tried swapping em around i think 1 is priority, if u set costal defense to 1 , spain makes stacks that just sit on the coast in the middle of france idle.

Another thing iv found is don't lower border values too much, i tried to stop camping at borders, but these stacks pay an important role it seems they extend ai l.o.s. so it will choose targets to invade, no border scouts and they sit in there cities blinding oblivious to neighbours and enemies. I see you uped em again in v4 matte, good stuff.

BTW Good news on Version4 Matte, why the hell CA didn't employ a few good AI pple we will never know.

Ive experimenting with diplomatic_relations_attitudes they don't show any changes on the diplo screen, but im sure they do effect aggression. Almost as if the changes are read by ai, but have no graphical component (ie u cant see the new nemers you set in relations)

There is also a religious diplomatic relations table that seems the same, first column is relations between faiths, (invisible like DRA) and second column controls religious unrest - changes here are very visible.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 15, 2009 at 03:27 AM.

they don't show any changes on the diplo screen, but im sure they do effect aggression.
    I guess that confirms the diplomatic factors are just for show?

On the other hand, it appears the AI does still ask for peace. So perhaps the AI still make diplomatic offers, but something else is preventing them from completing these treaties. Maybe it's caused by the AI's higher thresholds for accepting offers in 1.3? The same offer that could get accepted in 1.2 no longer works in 1.3, but the players can adapt while the AI couldn't. So they keep offering the same price that will get flat-out refused by other AIs, resulting in no trade/allies/peace.
    Last edited by aeoleron9; July 15, 2009 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    I guess that confirms the diplomatic factors are just for show?

On the other hand, it appears the AI does still ask for peace. So perhaps the AI still make diplomatic offers, but something else is preventing them from completing these treaties. Maybe it's caused by the AI's higher thresholds for accepting offers in 1.3? The same offer that could get accepted in 1.2 no longer works in 1.3, but the players can adapt while the AI couldn't. So they keep offering the same price that will get flat-out refused by other AIs, resulting in no trade/allies/peace.
    Did you see this in the log? I am curious if there is anyway we can find out why...

No, all hypothesis

Is there any way we can mod the thresholds for AI accepting offers?

Sorry for my enlighten ignorance but I have to ask: Did this sub-mod is compatible with the last APETI version?
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Matte979 View Post
    Did you see this in the log? I am curious if there is anyway we can find out why...
    Which log?

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadadngor View Post
    Sorry for my enlighten ignorance but I have to ask: Did this sub-mod is compatible with the last APETI version?
    Now it is, version 5 uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Which log?
    No idea really, he stated he saw that they did peace offers so I assumed he saw it in a log or something.

CA daily update change log i believe,

They stated a lot of things were going to be part of 1.3, not all of em made it in.

Matte have you found the ai to be a bit passive at all if you lower border value? I agree they are pretty useless generally but I found these guys were the scouts that were needed to extend AI l.o.s. so it would choose targets for invasion.

Do you guys know what happens if you reduce the priority of raiding? It's pretty useless not to mention ahistorical as 18th century warfare was fairly limited and typically didn't take a toll on the countryside.

Do you know why Al Factions (european powers) dont attack india?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh1985 View Post
    Do you know why Al Factions (european powers) dont attack india?
    Because the ai can't do naval invasions across theaters. CA has said they'll try to fix this in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Do you guys know what happens if you reduce the priority of raiding? It's pretty useless not to mention ahistorical as 18th century warfare was fairly limited and typically didn't take a toll on the countryside.
    I did reduce it and saw less raiding, the change is in the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    CA daily update change log i believe,

They stated a lot of things were going to be part of 1.3, not all of em made it in.

Matte have you found the ai to be a bit passive at all if you lower border value? I agree they are pretty useless generally but I found these guys were the scouts that were needed to extend AI l.o.s. so it would choose targets for invasion.
    I reduced the army ratio for borders to 0, did not see any less agressive behaviour by the AI.

Finally CA seem to be focusing on the campaign AI. I hope their promises are kept and include diplomacy, until then I will take a break and play ARMA II. Just started it yesterday.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast