Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [AAR] Extracts from the life of Pierre Duciuq

Default Re: [AAR] Extracts from the life of Pierre Duciuq

read my AAR "Extracts from the life of Pierre Duciuq"

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272727"]read my AAR "Extracts from the life of Pierre Duciuq"[/URL]

Copy above and add it below your sig.
    Last edited by alpaca; June 30, 2009 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks Donz. Oh and for those who want to know, the next yearly chapter will be up no later hopefully than Thursday night BST.

EDIT : It will be after the weekend now sorry guys but we got a mini heat wave here in the UK!
    Last edited by Chesh; July 02, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
    'One Law, One Land, One Throne!'
    Rudyard Kipling

Praepositus

awesome to hear!

How's it going Chesh? I'm kinda bored at work. Would be great to have the next chapter now.

Praepositus

a mini heat wave? It's somewhat not as hot as it used to be last summer in Cali.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

temperatures of 40 degrees Celcius in spain, so jaja come to the heat!! (see why all spanish troops in APE should have heat resistance? hint hint hint)

and ye man ive been expecting the next release, hope its good!

Praepositus

40 degrees... can someone give me the formula for converting Celcius to Farenheit?

Edit: so 96 degrees F? hope I did it right... (8/5)C +32 right??

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Its winter here lol so yeah.

Praepositus

Winter in NZ while Summer in USA... anyone else have a differing season
    --
    So was it (8/5)C -32
    or was it (8/5)C +32

nvm... kinda off topic here

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

just the last one

you know that
    the northern hemisphere has winter during november-december. and summer during july august.
    the southern hemisphere has winter during july-august and summer during november-december??

Praepositus

you mean did I know that in which I'll have to respond with no..

warluster's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    just the last one

you know that
    the northern hemisphere has winter during november-december. and summer during july august.
    the southern hemisphere has winter during june-august and summer during november-january
    The two regions completely swap; so whatever season it is in the northern hemisphere you swap it around six months for the southern.

temperatures of 40 degrees Celcius in spain
    That's an average for down here in Australia.

Stop that Spam now please.

Blime ok LOL - so yeah I'm back an improntue long weekend away because of the weather, and then it was mostly wet so bad me for going off the cuff. So unfortunately there is not a game update as of yet but here are the thoughts of Pierre as he sit's by the campfire awaiting his futher orders from where we last left him.

Pages from a Book

So as I sit here and wait for the orders to come, as the masters of this army converge on what will be our next course of action, I am passed a section of a book as to what I am to read. I can tell by the start of the pages that I am to read that my suspicions where correct and that there were people of great thinking in Louisiana. ‘The Society of Acceptance and rights of the Citizens of Louisiana’ believe in the rights of every man to be equal. They ask for the disbandment of the Roman Catholic Church as the governmental choice in Louisiana and for the acceptance of man’s right to choose their own religion and that every one is equal in the eyes of government. Every man should have the freedom of speech, and be able to speak out against the views of any fellow citizen as long as it does not lead to violence. They believe that every man should of the right to choose who leads them, and that an elected government should always be willing to go to the vote, if there is enough disapproval from the people of Louisiana. They ask for reforms within the army, and say that the use of French aristocracy as Officers was unfair on the good citizens of Louisiana and that we have fed from the mother’s nipple for long enough. They also say that every common soldier should have the chance if they excel to be raised from the ranks and that one-day a Private may well become a General. Louisiana has now entered war of it’s own accord, and the citizens of Louisiana must stand for themselves.

I read with interest in their thoughts and although I do not know how strong they are or how many members they have it made me think about who I really was. I had come from France and now fought for my new home Louisiana against the people that were here before we arrived. I was beginning to wonder who was right. I continued to read on through the pages of which told me that the society believed that it was time that Louisiana released itself from the chains that France shackled Louisiana with. I wondered though if this was the case and that there was no connection would I have come. This then made me wonder about my choice to fight for the Louisiana army. I was stuck thou and I had signed up and that I was going to have to live with this. I wondered whether it was the thought of battle that made me ponder on my enrolment. What would my farther say would he agree that my choice had been wise, would he have already dis-inherited me? I had written to him but so far I had no response from France.

I continued to read on to what the society were purposing. They believe in the best interest for the people of Louisiana, was to change our status with France, that the fact that the money was being drained as such in extortion for protection that Louisiana could never fully fulfil it’s destiny. It believes that ties needed to be cut, and the pretty silk ribbon that tied us together needed to be sliced in two. It said that all members that been in Louisiana for at least the last year should now call themselves citizens of Louisiana and that from here on the flowing immigration from France must be halted and limited to people of such skills or money that would benefit our growing nation. I found this slightly hard to swallow and wondered what skill would of let me off the boat at New Orleans. This is where my interest in the pages ended and I threw them to the side, and watched as another soldier picked them up and carried them away. Rumour is rife that soon we would march again and on to the first battle of this war, and for that I was nervous but also curious at what repercussions of this war would have on my own and Louisiana’s long-term future.
    Last edited by Chesh; July 07, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Rudyard Kipling

Very nice read again. I realy like your style. But you seriosly should make some line-brakes.

Thanks Donz, breaks added. Wrote on lunch at work !
    Rudyard Kipling

Praepositus

whenever I read your AAR I feel like reading a war novel... it always gets me in the mood!!

Quote Originally Posted by am.az View Post
    whenever I read your AAR I feel like reading a war novel... it always gets me in the mood!!
    THanks, am - maybe that is the reading of so many Bernard Cornwell novels coming through
    Rudyard Kipling

Here we go for those who have been waiting (if anyone ) Pierre Duciuq's first taste of action.

The Skirmish of Chicasa Forrest.
    It has come the day that I have known was coming, the day that I had dreaded and yearned for since I had been taken in by the army. The day of my first battle is here before me. We had marched about a week after I had been passed the pages from the book and now I stood in a small clearing between two wooded areas protecting our flanks. We the 1st New Orleans Militia are the middle of the line flanked on the left by the 1st Fort de Chartes Militia and to our right the 2nd Fort de Chartes Militia. The rest of our forces were behind in reserve and we used wisely and cleverly by our General the woods to protect us.

Our scouts had told us of a small warband or horsed Indians that were apparently heading to re-enforce the remaining enemy from the Battle of Fort de Chartes. A decision was taken that we would stop their advancement and so to battle we went. We knew they would come to us that’s the one thing with these savages they seem not to have the power or the sense to resist the temptation of glory and fight.

I stood in the line and watched to the far side and I could see the Indians as they sat on their horses and I wondered whether I would get past this or not I was stood at the front of our unit and I was loaded and ready for war. I heard orders being given behind me and could hear the soft footing of the 1st Fort de Chartes Horse moving around the woods to our left. We had been told that when ordered we were to fire and then we were to load as quickly as we could and fire and fire and fire and that we were to cut these savages down as they came for us and come for us they did.

I continued to watch as a sole Indian rode slightly forward rearing his horse onto its hind legs as if offering a challenge to us and then he landed the horse and they moved as if with lightening speed in a rugged ragged band the first part of the Indian warband charged towards us. My heart began to flutter; this was it what all the training had been for. We stood silently still waiting for the order. Then it came as the Indians closed in on us.

‘MAKE READY’, it was Sergeant Babin.

‘PRESENT’, my heart raced quicker as I could see the Indians come even closer.

‘AIM’, the 1st Fort de Chartes Militia had fired as the Indians came across our line.

‘FIRE’ and the musket kicked back into my shoulder as I felt the heat of the shot across my face and I had fired my first bullet in anger. I did not know if it had hit the enemy although I could see that some had as there was bodies and horses lying on the ground in front of us. Instinct took over as the cloud of powder smoke grew denser; I saw the next part of the Indian Warband begin its charge as the first part hit home into the 2nd Fort de Chartes Militia. Although they did not last long as our bullets did their work and the remaining of the first wave turned their tails and ran.

I managed to grab my breath briefly before the second attack came into range and again we began to fire. Although this time the Indians didn’t run the risk to take on our full line and charged into the 1st Fort de Chartes Militia. They were cleverer this time and had lost less to our bullets, by not running the full line. We were ordered to cease our firing as we watched our Indian friends of the Tanigpohoa charge forward in support of the Militia. I must admit although they fought against their fellow savages they fought as if their lives depended on it.

As I stood ready for the next phase of the battle I could see that a distant other battle was taking place as the last part of the Indian warband fought against our own cavalry. It was not a match in either of the two struggles and it was not long before we watched the last remaining surviving Indians taking their feet to their horse’s sides and running from where they came.

So it was over and I stopped and drank from my canteen, and wiped my brow as the sweat poured from my head as a wave of relief that I had survived came over me. I had stood and fought and fired my musket against the enemies of Louisiana and felt proud to have joined this army as we looked to take on our enemies for our own survival. Then it took hold of me the feeling of pride to be Louisian and I thought back to the pages I had read and began to think of actually how much I now agreed with them.

We lost about 60 men that day but I think the clear message that whatever was sent we would send back chasing their tales was a great gain than the lives lost. Louisiana was on the map now and was taking on its enemies for the entire world to see.
    Rudyard Kipling

Praepositus

excellent... good work! Sounds like something straight from the pages of a book... nicely done!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast