Thread: whats the best way to determine if trom is installed.

Default whats the best way to determine if trom is installed.

whts the best way to determine if trom is installed.
    i cannot tell without the variety mods new units

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Default Re: whats the best way to determine if trom is installed.

There are many ways. For example start a campaign game with any european major. If you can recruit a 'Reserve Regiment of Foot' the installation should be fine.

I think it was that if you can recruit 2 kinds of line infantry in a european capital when you start a campaign, TROM is installed. For example, in London you should be able to recruit british regiment of foot and reserve regiment of foot when you start a campaign.

EDIT: Yarkis beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by poweraxe View Post
    I think it was that if you can recruit 2 kinds of line infantry in a european capital when you start a campaign, TROM is installed. For example, in London you should be able to recruit british regiment of foot and reserve regiment of foot when you start a campaign.

EDIT: Yarkis beat me to it
    You are right to add the regiment of foot as an indicator. If the startposition.esf file is not installed, you can recruit the reserve regiment but not the standard line regiment.

1) Regular line infantry ammo should be 15; regular light infantry should be 18.

2) The range of a line unit is 90, and you can recruit both [Named] Regiment of Foot and Regiment of Foot in a European capital (i.e. British Regiment of Foot and Regiment of Foot in London).

My installation is mixed up to. Also a little bit confusing:

4) Go to:
    [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Make a safe back up of startpos.esf and scripting.lua to a secure location. You will need this file again if you wish to uninstall this mod.

5) Extract the startpos.esf to: [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

6) Extract scripting.lua to [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Why should i extract the both files in ...\main when they are already in there ? And why there is a second folder named main2 with the same files (startpos.esf and scripting.lua) in it?

The startpos.esf and the scripting.lua are TROM specific, thats why you have to replace the original ones. Without the proper TROM startpos.esf many units won't show up. Just leave the main2 folder alone.

thanks guys... i am just used to having the variety mod aswell

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Okay, this is what I recommend to verify all aspects of the install:

1) Start a new campaign as Russia. (Why Russia? Because they have a unique AOR location; not all factions do).
    2) If you can recruit Russian Regiment of Foot it means that the AOR is working correctly.
    3) If you can only recruit a Reserve Regiment of Foot, it means startpos.esf is not installed correctly.
    4) If you can recruit both types of foot, but the naming is not correct, then you do not have trom_text.pack loading properly. This could be because it is not present, or because another .pack file has text in it, and is conflicting EVEN if it's not loading.

Best,

Sage