Thread: Hammer and Sickle

Default Hammer and Sickle

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/..._flashtop_read

I played Silent Storm an its expansion and thought that they were excellent (besides the panzerkleins, lol). Now that i see they are turning it into more of an RPG and they want it to be more realistic this sequel is starting to sound excellent. Its funny that you play as a Soviet operative, that should be fun. The way it sounds it could be an instant classic, and i know with the quality of their last two games that it wont be hounded down by stupid problems like bugs.

Leave it to the central an eastern europeons to put out games in genres that I actually want to play. Germany with X2 and X3 and Russia with their flight sims and this game show us what western game comapanies are lacking, which is willingness not to put out saturated trash, lol.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

If it's being made by an American company then I probably won't play it because of all of the :wub: propaganda that will be in it. And if it's russian, well, then I'll probably try it out.
    Last edited by therussian; June 10, 2005 at 01:53 PM.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

I've read it was made entirely in Rusia and is now only translated in English. And it seems to have an interesting plot. Maybe I'll get it. When it comes out...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Also unlike some russian games this is VERY WELL translated into english, the last games were so i expect no less from this in case anyone is wondering.

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Seems so, and it tries to get the same vibe as Jagged Alliance which I totally loved. If that happens we might have a classic cult game on our hands. Although in this genre it is very easy to step on your own toes and screw up a game that looks good in prewievs. Let's hope it does not happen here...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

This is a sequel to another game called Silent Storm, that allready is a classic but it suffered from not being advertised. Try it out, its good but it focuses more on the strategy than on storyline and roleplay then this seems to. The expansion for silent storm is better IMO if you can get your hands on that as well.

The only thing that annoys me about it is that it got kinda sci-fi at the end and there were these things called panzerkleins which they are not going to have in this new game. They were like mechs and got annoying unless you knew how to kill them. You had to have an engineer with good engineering skill throw nitro and other high class explosives at them,